Foreign Languages Thread :D

It really depends on your native language. For me German is much, much easier to learn than Russian.

Discord and Lord Sinister, message me with whatever would be the best form of communication and when you want to practice.

Bjössi brings up a good point with Icelandic and German. For example, Mann is German for man, and maður is Icelandic for man, both of which are grammatically masculine nouns. A rich man would be "ein reicher Mann" and "ríkur maður" respectively.

Discord and Lord Sinister, message me with whatever would be the best form of communication and when you want to practice.

Bjössi brings up a good point with Icelandic and German. For example, Mann is German for man, and maður is Icelandic for man, both of which are grammatically masculine nouns. A rich man would be "ein reicher Mann" and "ríkur maður" respectively.

Ich bin ein reicher Mann... nicht.

"Mann sagt der Medic ist am besten"

PL: "Mówi się, że Medyk jest najlepszy"

Eng: ""They say" the medic is the best"

Something like that?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Now Serbian, is an awesome language. Even more awesome than Russian, though, it's similiar- they come from the same group of languages- the Slavic languages. It has more swearing than any other. And Serbians don't swear casually , like most of the other people, nooo, they shout! The thing about Serbian it has declination, much like Latin, but in terms of reading, it has the rule of ''a letter is always read the same'', like, for example, in English you have the letter H, you read it like ''aitch'' , in a word like ''hour'' you read it like ''our'', or like in house you read it like ''house'' (I am not good at phonetic writing), but in Serbian, the letter ''H'' is always read like H in ''House''. In every word, as a single letter, etc..it's always read the same.

It's a fun language to learn because of the swearing. We don't have usual curse words like ''fuck'' (okay, we have ''fuck'', it's jebiga, read like yebeega), but our curse words are more like sentences, usually following the template ''I fuck ______ (the target, usually a person's mother, or even God)'', and it has so many variations it gets funny. Like, ''Jebo ti pas mater'' means literally ''A dog fucked your mother'', which doesn't make sense, the creator of the curse didn't really mean that. Now, there are extreme examples, like , ''Jebem ti olimpijski bazen pun svete vodice'' which means ''I fuck an olympic pool full of holy water'', or, ''Jebem ti kilo žita i na svakom zrnu Boga'', which means, ''I fuck a kilogram of wheat and God on every corn''. Yeah, I know, it's sick, but it's funny.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

When I was like 8 I had a friend with a surname Kuzmanović, and we were making nicknames for him.So,we called him Kuzma/Kuzman,or,kuz.In Serbian,''milking'' [a cow] is said ''muze'',so I started calling him Kuz-muz,moving my hands like I'm milking a cow.

"Mann sagt der Medic ist am besten"

"Der Mann" is a noun meaning "the man", but "man" is a pronoun that's used to express an indefinite, unspecified group of people. They etymologically come from the same word, though. Correct conjugation; you just need to drop one "n".

EDIT: I would like to mention that the most similar thing about "ein reicher Mann" and "ríkur maður" is that the German word for rich is "reich" and that the Icelandic word is "rík". The endings they take are only spelled differently because of vowel shifts over hundreds of years.

That should be the official language of Xbox live.

You mean, Serbian?

When I was like 8 I had a friend with a surname Kuzmanović, and we were making nicknames for him.So,we called him Kuzma/Kuzman,or,kuz.In Serbian,''milking'' [a cow] is said ''muze'',so I started calling him Kuz-muz,moving my hands like I'm milking a cow.

That should be the official language of Xbox live.

You mean, Serbian?

Polish is from the same group of languages, but we don't have such fantasy in creating whole swear sentences. At least not so much.... But nothing is better than kurwa! (whore, hoe) kurwa! sounds nice, has good accent and is really good when shouted :D Much more effective than "fuck", but we do use "fuck" as well. Poland is kinda americanized in many ways :D (except the state of public roads :] )

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I would need to hear kurwa to compare them, but in my mind the one syllable nature of "fuck" makes it deliver a very powerful swear when shouted, especially when shouted as if you really mean it.

I would need to hear kurwa to compare them, but in my mind the one syllable nature of "fuck" makes it deliver a very powerful swear when shouted, especially when shouted as if you really mean it.

Alllllrighty then:

1KGrciINqeY

:lol:

gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen, we need more "kurwa", kurwa!!!!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I'm not playing a youtube video posted as a sarcastic response.

I'm not playing a youtube video posted as a sarcastic response.

huh?? :D what the... kurwa?

Kurva also means a whore in Serbian.

It has the same meaning in Hungarian.

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own."

It has the same meaning in Hungarian.

It's universal curse in this area.... :D

I've got English and French as 2nd languages. Spanish is my native.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST