Foreign Languages Thread :D

Wer Deutsch spricht, hören Sie zu! Wir brauchen Hilfe mit Untertitel. Wenn Sie Deutsch gut sprechen können, sollen Sie uns damit helfen. Jede Untertitel müssen auf Standarddeutsch (oder Hochdeutsch) sein, aber ich glaube, das kein Problem wird.

Für Anfänger sind die Unitertitel gut zum Üben.

Deutscher! Wenn ich Fehler mache, dürft ihr mich korrigieren! Ich will mein Deutsch verbessern, denn ich will wie ein Inländer reden.

Since I'm sitting home today all day long anyway, I've taken up re-learning Norwegian.

I've got a question, though: is it true there is no conjugation in Norwegian?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since I'm sitting home today all day long anyway, I've taken up re-learning Norwegian.

I've got a question, though: is it true there is no conjugation in Norwegian?

This may answer your question. As you can see, there is no variation in a verb's conjugation between persons, but there most certainly is conjugation. (gå > går)

Anyone know of a good online Klingon dictionary?

By the way, Klingon is the only officially recognized fictitious language.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Not officially recognized since no one speaks it outside of the movies...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Anyone know of a good online Klingon dictionary?

By the way, Klingon is the only officially recognized fictitious language.

I don't really know of a good online one. I do have a Klingon Dictionary book though, this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Klingon-Dictionary-English-Star/dp/067174559X/

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I'm learning or trying to learn a bunch of languages. in descending order of current fluency, Spanish, German, Japanese, Italian, French, Latin, Greek, Russian, Georgian, Malay, and Mandarin Chinese. There are more that I have downloaded on a free language learning program, but I don't remember them.

Well, if you take into account how long England was ruled by a French nobility, it's really no wonder that Google translator is capable of more or less correct translations between those two languages.

Though, technically, English is as closely related to French as it is to the Polish language.

Nothing to do with it. It's because they're both Germanic languages, Polish is West Slavic and is very removed from germanic languages like German, English, French etc. going back almost as far as Indo-European. You've got to remember the English language is West Germanic and is not related to the indigenous Celtic languages of Britain (like Gallic, Gaelic, Welsh etc.)

So... this thread somewht keeps on going! Well, I have started learing German at home... again! I have like a zillion of home learning courses and dictionaries and materials from one german course I had a while ago... I guess it didn't work that well then ;d

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

No se mucho de las idiomas (otro que ingles), pero puedo que escribir en español un poco. Y cuando una persona trata que hablar a mi, yo no se nada de que el/ella esta hablando. :/

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time