Terraria

Sign in to follow this  

So when 1.2 was released I told myself "this is the best update to a game I've seen, I don't think they can outdo themselves" and now that 1.3 is out I'm eating my words. Expert mode was possibly the best addition to this game yet and it's brought me back to putting long hours into each play session.

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Expert_Mode

I really can't wait to get to the moon events in expert. I'm close too. 2 bosses away from being able to get all the gear i need to do it. As I speak I'm preparing for Plantera. My last attempt I almost get em but there was just too much outgoing damage in the final phase so I have to build a Star Veil. What I need for that comes from Mimics and all those want to give me is magic daggers. :/

Retired Forum Moderator

Has anyone thought of organizing game nights for people who want to play together? Could be fun to start new characters on a server and just mess around and stuff.

I've thought about re-purposing an old computer as a sort of dedicated server but my internet would be the real issue. It's not fast and goes down often. They've made it easier to connect with steam play now but of course someone still has to own the world. If anyone wants to host it I could pop in from time to time but I'm in like 3 different groups right now so not sure how much willpower I have left to go through yet another new character. XD

Also expert Plantera down. Time to farm the hardmode dungeon. I went in for like 5 minutes and got the 3rd best Yoyo in the game and the Paladins Hammer. Now to figure out the best way to deal with the ranged asshole who just shot me for 400 damage in turtle armor. O_o

Retired Forum Moderator

Also expert Plantera down. Time to farm the hardmode dungeon. I went in for like 5 minutes and got the 3rd best Yoyo in the game and the Paladins Hammer. Now to figure out the best way to deal with the ranged asshole who just shot me for 400 damage in turtle armor. O_o

Beetle armor

I actually have no clue, I've played so little of this update because it felt too much like 1.2. Maybe I haven't played enough or it's just because I started out in regular instead of expert.

the name's riley

They've put in quite a lot. New world generation yet again to put in minecart tracks (minecarts insanely useful for long distance travel) And the Yoyo's are great all the way to late game.(Endgame gear is insane) plenty of new weapons as well.

On top of the new additions to items there's the expert mode that I can't shut up about. they've also added a new event called the Martian Madness which i have yet to do. Lastly they've added a new boss, Moon Lord and everything leading up to, including the fight itself, is the coolest shit I've seen in Terraria yet. Even if he wrecked me before I put any kind of noticable change in his life bar.

Updates at this point are mostly endgame additions because previously after beating the frostmoon event there really wasn't anything to do. They also nerfed the traps a lot of people use in arenas so you can't idle those anymore(like that was ever fun in the first place.) I still have an arena but more for the purposes of keeping control in the fights.

I also just found one of the developer vanity sets. I now look like Yoraiz0r.

Retired Forum Moderator