is homeless is the best way for you?

Sign in to follow this  

Probably. Wanting to find a girl(or dude) who shares your lifestyle would be limiting the fish in the sea by a lot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I envy you man, Ill probably try this after high-school. The only problem I see is the whole gaming thing, but I can probably live with my beloved gameboy for a while.

"Life sucks sober!"

Don't do this without a job. it is absolutely pointless the whole reason is to work and save for retirement.

also it is technically illegal to sleep in your car so find a discrete location

I don't pay car insurance since i forge my car tags

and i technically don't own a car since i tell everyone i don't have a car.

I actually bike to work which saves money, GAS money

this ind of life is risky but if your smart you can stay ahead of the curve

Don't do this without a job. it is absolutely pointless the whole reason is to work and save for retirement.

also it is technically illegal to sleep in your car so find a discrete location

and i technically don't own a car since i tell everyone i don't have a car.

I actually bike to work which saves money, GAS money

this ind of life is risky but if your smart you can stay ahead of the curve

Its illegal to sleep in your car? Dafuq?

And I assume that since you dont pay car insurance, you cant drive the car even if you wanted to?

"Life sucks sober!"

if your smart you can stay ahead of the curve

Vega, it's your choice and I am not the one to criticise you in any way. However, there are some questions you need to at least consider before getting too used to this style of life:

- you're probably never going to have a mortgage or a credit card or any kind of insurance without a permanent address

- you will not be able to invest your savings without a permanent address and cash savings are a security risk and will be devalued by inflation;

- if you plan to advance your career with your lawfirm or with another company, your life style will eventually be known and it will likely stop any prospects of meaningful promotion;

- if you plan on running your own business you will need financing etc, and for that you will need a permanent address (but then you can live at your place of business, probably);

- you will need a proper place to live if you ever decide to raise children (I won't dwell on the problem of getting a GF to do it with while living in a car);

- not getting on the property ladder or a career path will become a handicap rather than getting ahead of the curve;

- 5k in cash is not going to be enough for retirement... Although thinking of retirement at your age is exemplary but you need to think of your life first, otherwise the chances are you won't ever get to retire in the first place.

Regards

Buy a boat and live on a boat. That would be really awesome.

Houseboats are very common around where I live.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the UK you can have a residential address for a boat at the moorings but the owner of the moorings will then be your landlord (unless you also buy the mooring site) and you will have to rent the right to moor at that address from him...

Regards

if your smart you can stay ahead of the curve

Vega, it's your choice and I am not the one to criticise you in any way. However, there are some questions you need to at least consider before getting too used to this style of life:

- you're probably never going to have a mortgage or a credit card or any kind of insurance without a permanent address

- you will not be able to invest your savings without a permanent address and cash savings are a security risk and will be devalued by inflation;

- if you plan to advance your career with your lawfirm or with another company, your life style will eventually be known and it will likely stop any prospects of meaningful promotion;

- if you plan on running your own business you will need financing etc, and for that you will need a permanent address (but then you can live at your place of business, probably);

- you will need a proper place to live if you ever decide to raise children (I won't dwell on the problem of getting a GF to do it with while living in a car);

- not getting on the property ladder or a career path will become a handicap rather than getting ahead of the curve;

- 5k in cash is not going to be enough for retirement... Although thinking of retirement at your age is exemplary but you need to think of your life first, otherwise the chances are you won't ever get to retire in the first place.

Regards

i think you fail to understand the kind of lifestyle

i considered all of this i have been living like this for 6 plus months.

I have a permanent address but i don't live there it is called "Department of Family Services" they allow you to use there address as a well address for yourself

i have a bank account and a credit card

people are so glued to the way society works that they can't even figure simple things out like i have.

you make it sound way more difficult than it really is.

i think you fail to understand the kind of lifestyle

I think you're right. I would not have been able to live like that and hold a regular job at the same time - it would have been some sort of sabbatical to me. You know, take some time off to think of things then go back to work and routine.

i considered all of this

OK, just wanted to make sure...

Regards

normally this would not work for most people

i am lucky that i have the resources and experience

i don't recommend anybody to actually do this unless they are a nutcase

it is very hard to adjust to the lifestyle and it is not for everyone

So what kind of stuff do you store at your office? Just changes of clothes and valuables etc?

Why it is illegal to sleep in your car? That law seems a bit unnecessary.

How long did it take you to get into the rhythm of things?

Do your friends know you live this way, or is it a secret?

Wait wait wait, this kind of life style seems pretty interesting, but if you're breaking the law it just loses something. Numberplate forgery is fairly illegal. :P

Can't you get around that? If you don't drive the car (as you have no insurance, ASSUMING it is illegal to drive without insurance in your country), why do you need to forge the plates?

Or is a car tag something else (in which case I am definitely unfamiliar with it)?

Also it's occurred to me, what address do you use as your postal address (if any)?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Also it's occurred to me, what address do you use as your postal address (if any)?

I have a permanent address but i don't live there it is called "Department of Family Services" they allow you to use there address as a well address for yourself.

I have a permanent address but i don't live there it is called "Department of Family Services" they allow you to use there address as a well address for yourself.

Dang, my bad. Must have missed that. There's still my other question though! :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

It sounds cool, but I could never handle the forced slave labour of employment without the compensation of a certain amount of luxury to make the stress worthwhile.

Spending the months and years playing games in McDonalds and sleeping alone in a car... Just wouldn't be enough. :?

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg