FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 41

Yeah, let's keep saying how awesome the show is, it may seem weightless, but if stacked, "Great job"s, give a damn warm feeling in Ross' heart that is one of the many reasons to keep filming.

Hail Ross Scott ;)

Haha now (in three months) he will have to deal with that big water-monster. For me it was the scariest beast in a whole game, especially because you were kind of defenceless against it. You couldn't aim it with explosives properely, so you had to go under water and hunt it with the clumsy crossbow. Also NO tau cannon to take down this chopper, I'm really curious what he will do about it.

Also NO tau cannon to take down this chopper, I'm really curious what he will do about it.

This looks like a job for Ambassador Pineapple.

'Cause really, who DOESN'T want to see Freeman take out a chopper with a hand grenade?

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

He's always been in form, he's just been in slower parts of the game.

Agreed, he's never been out of form I guess. All the scooting around and not watching where he was going, walking on the dead soldiers and stuff like that in the previous episode made me wonder if he lost focus a bit. Hey, he used to always worry about stepping in the blood.

No negatives from me! Love the series!!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

I'm just wondering, about how many episodes is it from here to Xen? IIRC, from where he left off,

you just jump off the bridge into the water, dodge a shark-thing, go up a tower whist getting shot (SUCKS!!! Always lost a lot of health, -engage- the pump to open the window, jump back in, open the window with the crank... more stuff... Honestly I skipped quite a bit after a certain point (might have been where you get the mortar controls) from there to the "Bomb room of hell", because it was basically platforming around broken crap... that part was boring. Then you engage the two coolant valves, flood the generator, then (???) shit blows up and you have to teleport though the thingie on the platforms, until you meet the scientists- the one with the shotgun. then, of course you have to defend the scientist, and go to zen

*EndSpoilerRant*

Did I miss anything?

Did I miss anything?

Yeah you did, the point of neverending "quick save" "load" "quick safe" "load" "quick safe" "load" in generator room before you fine-tuned climibing-the-ladders-thing with electric blasts running around the room crazy. And countless big-alien-soldiers-with-flyies suckers. And other frustrating stuff. :lol:

Good episode Ross ;)

I wonder how you're going to manage the part with the chopper

He won't. And he won't fight the fish or do the valve thing either.

Considering Ross has God Mode on for the series, I think Freeman will just jump off the dam!

Good episode Ross ;)

Considering Ross has God Mode on for the series, I think Freeman will just jump off the dam!

I never godmode in HL1, and I always shoot down the heli with the tau and slide down the dam.

Also known as "Username"

He'll be, or try to be, stealthy and try to sneak around but then tip himself off somehow and then it will be funny because he's being shot at and then run for his life while making some clever comment.

With noclip and godmode on you can rewrite the story from the original games intent pretty easily. And if you use those features judiciously it can turn into a very entertaining piece. And that means he doesn't have to 'deal' with them in the normal game sense. I have faith in Ross. He knows what he's doing.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

what do you mean part with the chopper- dont you just shoot it with a rocket?

Well he doesn't have any heavy weaponry now, he could just try to hunt the chopper with secondary mode of mp5. But Ross always know how to kill many stones with just one bird, so it's gonna be ok.

In the game, if you play it as you're supposed to, you jump into the water with the ichty, open the grate at the bottom, swim through the opening, traverse the canal to the next section where you cross the desert to a military base of operations, go through that before coming out at the cliffside and having to climb that to the rocket launcher where you can finally take out the chopper.

But Ross' Freeman doesn't always do things the way you're supposed to...

Now that you mention it, notarget could achieve stealth pretty easily.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Now that you mention it, notarget could achieve stealth pretty easily.

He used that already in the Blast Pit chapter, when walking past the tentacles.

I thought that his walking slowly didn't attract noise, but when I tried doing that myself, the Tentacles pounced on me like a Hobo who has just found a crate of Wine.

As I was running away screaming madly, I realized that Ross had just used NoTarget for that section, and that was by last thought before I realized that my lower body was now at the opposite end of the room from me.

Well played, Ross. Well played.

Good episode Ross ;)

He'll destroy it with his mind.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Good episode Ross ;)

I never godmode in HL1, and I always shoot down the heli with the tau and slide down the dam.

No, what I meant was that Ross uses godmode so that he doesn't die constantly and has a smooth recording, which brought me to believe that he could just jump off the dam