Name Changes No Longer Allowed

What's to stop anyone from abandoning an old name and creating a new account with a new name? Not to cause confusion but... just sayin.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

What's to stop anyone from abandoning an old name and creating a new account with a new name? Not to cause confusion but... just sayin.

Well, iirc, multiple accounts is already against the rules anyway, and admins can track IPs, so there's that.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Well, iirc, multiple accounts is already against the rules anyway, and admins can track IPs, so there's that.

But can't someone explain away the IP by saying it's a family member or room mate?

non-euclidean fuck machine

Sure they could. Ultimately, it's up to the mods or admins whether they are believed or not.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

shit, I'm scared now, man

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

What's to stop anyone from abandoning an old name and creating a new account with a new name?

Common sense maybe? Who in their right mind would go through that trouble and risk getting banned just to have a different user name? I fear for the well being of people with that sense for priorities.

Any ways, suddenly I know this community again. Nifty.

I'm not suggesting it. Just asking. It really wasn't that hard to sign up for me so i'm not sure what trouble you're talking about. I typed a name and BAM! here i am....and uh, as far as the IP stuff, just renew your IP from the isp. Reboot your DSL modem.

but AGAIN. not suggesting it. Just like playing 'words with friends' on the runway...NOT suggesting it.

and for the record. I started with Aldibar, stayed with Aldibar, will stay with Aldibar. :-)

Now let me see some of that glorious positive reputation!! WOOOOooooooo hu

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

I'm not suggesting it. Just asking. It really wasn't that hard to sign up for me so i'm not sure what trouble you're talking about. I typed a name and BAM! here i am....and uh, as far as the IP stuff, just renew your IP from the isp. Reboot your DSL modem.

It isn't that simple. IP masks can be employed, as well as one-time-use email addresses during registration. And you did not answer the point of my post; why would you even do this for such a pointless and trivial gain?

There are so many more pointless things people do. Why do they do the things they do? The simple answer is because they can.

Use a gmail account, yahoo account, hotmail account to get around the duplicate email thing.

My point is not why, but just that it could be done. My question was originally 'What is to stop someone from doing it?'

"Security is just a maze where a straight line should be." - unknown

There are so many more pointless things people do. Why do they do the things they do? The simple answer is because they can.

Use a gmail account, yahoo account, hotmail account to get around the duplicate email thing.

You can actually register many email accounts from the same provider, gmail in particular makes it very easy for spambots to crowd forums all over the internet.

But you are correct, a thing more limitless than the capacity of our email banlist is the person's lack of common sense.

okay okay. I have no common sense. Close this damn thread. it was just a question. Or ban me and i'll make another account, on another computer, which is another way of changing your name.

Or ban me and i'll make another account, on another computer, which is another way of changing your name.

It is also disobedience, which is not an effective way of learning from your mistakes. If you get banned some day there likely was a good reason for it, and you should respect that and just wait it out and return a better person like any decent person would.

I never mentioned you specifically having lack of common sense btw, I don't even know you. Despite your unusual statement in the above quote you seem rational and well-behaving to me, so I don't expect we will have a reason to ban you.

Ban reason for the D3vine build server: Faggot

Ban reason for Sn1pe buildrp server: Arguing with admin

Ban reason for prizm RP server: Lol gtfo

Ban reason for this one random server I joined: ponyfags got no brain

Also known as "Username"