[Release] Cole's SRCDS Content Manager v1.85

Sign in to follow this  

logouokd.png

Considering this program I made was originally intended for gmod and synergy servers, and maybe HL2 Deathmatch servers, you can use it for whatever you need it for, regarding source content, for machinima sounds or whatever.

What does it do?

This program automatically extracts all required GCF content for HL2 and/or EP1, and/or EP2, in proper file order. to the SRCDS directory as well as allows updates and server download installation, utilizing HLDSUpdateTool, HLEXTRACT, and HLLib.

This program saves a LOT of time and frustration of manually extracting all the required content, for say, Synergy and Garry's Mod, as well as simplifies updating.

Featured Perks:

-Status box that show what GCF is currently being extracted from, and what files of that GCF are being extracted.

-Automatic Steam folder detection. (With option to manually locate it)

-You can now check it out via SVN.

Screenshots:

Main Window & Extraction Pop-up Window:

1qNjL.pngRbKQf.png

extractionprogress.png

Requirements:

-For content extraction, you need HL2, EP1, or EP2, or all of the above installed in Steam, in order to extract them respectively to the SRCDS folder.

-.NET Framework 4.0 [included]

-All files in the program's folder.

Changelog v1.85:
-Added Portal content extraction
-Redesigned the extraction selection list to mimic server selection list
-Tweak minor bits of aesthetic code.
-Fixed the Flickering Page Tabs
-Fixed a bunch of element background transparency issues.
-Minor UI changes.
-Fixed a bunch of internal code.
-Removed the progress bar in favor of having text-based progress indicated. (This is more accurate, and takes up less screen space.)
-Main program is smaller now. (Screen-space-wise)

[b]Changelog v1.81:[/b]
[i]-Added Error Handler to prevent the program from crashing if the user does not select a server type from the server list before choosing to generate a launch script or installing the server.
[t]http://i.imgur.com/n6URD.png[/t]
-Fixed minor text issues.
-Added tooltip hints to the page tabs.[/i]

[b]Changelog v1.80:[/b]
[i]-Added Generate Script button to automatically generate a script to use to launch the server.
-Fixed some content not properly extracting.
-Added Day of Defeat: Source to the server download list. (and the script generator button functionality)
-Major UI changes, (Hopefully more intuitive usage this time around.)
-A prototype disabled downloader button for giving server operators an option to download content from Valve to add to the server rather than extracting the content from a preexisting Steam client installation.
-Script generator now appends the server type onto the end of the batch script created, for easier identification and organization.
-Other miscellanious minor changes.[/i]

Download Version 1.85:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ehl5xglsouue0pi

Oh wow this actually is very useful because gcfscape was being really buggy for me on windows 7, Thanks!

Oh wow this actually is very useful because gcfscape was being really buggy for me on windows 7, Thanks!

I appreciate it, if you or anyone come up with useful features to add to it, I could implement them.

On another note, you can try updating it via their website since the HLEXTRACT and HLLIB modules contained in this program were created by the creator of GCFScape.

A note to all users: Version 1.46 has just been released, due to me noticing that the Hl2 Pre-2007 source engine maps were failing to extract due to a missing extension in the extraction code.

The maps will now extract properly. ALSO: Version 1.5 just came out now, with a major GUI overhaul as seen in the first post. Checkout the SVN to update to it.

Old news relative to Facepunch Forums, but new news to here:

In case someone wanted to use the program, it has been majorly updated, and most of the information in this post is a mirror copy of what was said on the Facepunch Forums.

1qNjL.pngRbKQf.png

extractionprogress.png

Changelog v1.85:
-Added Portal content extraction
-Redesigned the extraction selection list to mimic server selection list
-Tweak minor bits of aesthetic code.
-Fixed the Flickering Page Tabs
-Fixed a bunch of element background transparency issues.
-Minor UI changes.
-Fixed a bunch of internal code.
-Removed the progress bar in favor of having text-based progress indicated. (This is more accurate, and takes up less screen space.)
-Main program is smaller now. (Screen-space-wise)

[b]Changelog v1.81:[/b]
[i]-Added Error Handler to prevent the program from crashing if the user does not select a server type from the server list before choosing to generate a launch script or installing the server.
[t]http://i.imgur.com/n6URD.png[/t]
-Fixed minor text issues.
-Added tooltip hints to the page tabs.[/i]

[b]Changelog v1.80:[/b]
[i]-Added Generate Script button to automatically generate a script to use to launch the server.
-Fixed some content not properly extracting.
-Added Day of Defeat: Source to the server download list. (and the script generator button functionality)
-Major UI changes, (Hopefully more intuitive usage this time around.)
-A prototype disabled downloader button for giving server operators an option to download content from Valve to add to the server rather than extracting the content from a preexisting Steam client installation.
-Script generator now appends the server type onto the end of the batch script created, for easier identification and organization.
-Other miscellanious minor changes.[/i]

Known Bugs:

-The program will not work properly in Windows 8 unless you run the program as an administrator, to give it elevated command line access.

Download Link Version 1.85:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ehl5xglsouue0pi

Facepunch Thread:

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1044633