Aperture Science spares no expense...

Sign in to follow this  

Aperture also has a significant lead in one vital area: exits. Portal 2 showed us several exits from the Aperture facility. Sure

most

of them were condemned, but they existed. I know that upon reaching those things in Portal 2 the first time my immediate reaction was the imagine how insanely overjoyed Freeman would be to see them, followed by how crushed he would be at them being inaccessible.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

By that I mean, that at a certain point in his life, he made the decision that the tests subjects were expandable.

Somehow I think Expansion Gel didn't sell all that well as a dietary supplement.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

It depends on your point of view. If by exits you mean "outside the facility", then Freeman did reach the Surface a few times.

Unfortunetly... since the base is located in the middle of a desert, were heavily armed gunships and soldiers patrol... I'd count these as "being inaccessible." But sure, exits did exist. :D

Somehow I think Expansion Gel didn't sell all that well as a dietary supplement.

Something els that didn't sell very well was telling people you'll give them 50$ for the internal organs they have. Because, you know, they don't need them anyway.

I will not stop until all of my foes go down in flames.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4950/flamingsigld7.jpg

I wouldn't exactly count crawling through sewage pipes and abandoned mechanical systems as exits . Aperture had them clearly available and marked as doors for the express purpose of leaving the facility.

Aperture science keeps working after the apocalypse whereas Black Mesa causes the apocalypse.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Aperture science keeps working after the apocalypse whereas Black Mesa causes the apocalypse.

Imagine what would of happened if a corporation like Weyland Yutani or OCP existed in the Half Life Universe. I don't dare say Umbrella though. Zombie zen? Already done.

No, it is Blappeture Mesa

http://www.blappeture.com/

God, that cracked me up, I had never listened to it before.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs