What is Your Favourite Freeman's Mind Quote/Episode/Moment

Check my signature for one of my favorites. After that is the supressive fire in supressive fire out and then the damn dam monologue.

Also the one where the scientists jump into the vent and fall into the fan.

I've mentioned it before, but I still enjoy the underwater mumbling while Freeman is swimming around after crashing the tram into the water.

"What the hell is that? It looks like a prison guard tower. I don't get it. This place makes no sense. [underwater mumbling]--it's unconstitutional--[underwater mumbling]"

That "it's unconstitutional" really makes me laugh.

"Oh a jack in a box" when a scientist pops out of a dumpster

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!

I'm thinking that Freeman would have some series-long beef with GMan over how he wasn't put in the first class train at the start of HL2. It would likely flare at each sighting of him that Gordon actually achieves.

"What the hell?! We install bullet-proof glass on our exit doors?! How retarded are we?! I don't know anymore!"

this one for sure.

freeman's mind has one of the few distinctions in the entire world of being a series that is consistently good with every episode (same with Civil Protection. So i just assume Ross is particularly skilled at making a quality product everytime.). so picking one is a monolithic task.

that speech about wiping your ass after being told how to climb a ladder in episode 0....heck, all of episode 0.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

There are 5 that always get me. Paraphrasing:

"That's good, teleport in more creeps, this place isn't CRAZY enough yet......

WHAT THE FUCK?! Why do all these catwalks suck so bad!"

Or:

"This must be our box smashing room".

... What do the employees just ride over to the other side like a ski lift?"

... "Okay, Extreme Hopscotch!"

Or

"Why do you have an ladder inside an elevator shaft... to fix the elevator!

How do you get to the ladder?

You take the elevator that doesn't work!

Who thought this one up?

JESUS CHRIST!"

Or:

Scientist: Do you know who ate all the doughnuts?

Gordon: "No! Do you know if leptons are really compound particles? Freaking doughnuts..."

Last

"....Free Haircut and Lobotomy".

Scientist: I hope those people in the Lambda lab can get this under control.

Freeman: Well if they're anything like poindexder back there, I think we're on our own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell! I said no tag backs!"

"This must be how old people feel in the stairs!"

"Yeah, I don't have to worry about coyotes digging in the trash around here."

"That security guy said this track would take me to the surface. Okay, now what was the long way to the surface?"

"You want to eat me? I'll give you something to eat. You think I work at SeaWorld, giving you free food all day? You're gonna have to pay for this meal."

"The mailman's not spying on you, Freeman, you're just being paranoid."

"Well... it didn't work Heather!!!"

I also love the musings that reveal just what kind of person Freeman is. Like from Episode 28:

"Hm, I really am bummed they've identified me, though. That means I'm a fugitive now. So, they've probably frozen my bank accounts. I need to get back to Massachusetts. I have about $10,000 in gold buried in Harold Parker State Forest that I put there for exactly this kind of situation. Now, I didn't anticipate I was going to get framed like this. I put it there so in case I got embezzling, I'd have some sort of exit strategy.

"Now, granted, $10,000 will only get me so far here. But, if I can make it to India, I can live like a king with that kind of money. The American dollar goes a lot farther there. Maiṁ apanē na'ē bhagavāna hūm̐ . Mērē sāmanē ghuṭanē. I'm going to need a fake ID. I'll check in with Eddie once I get out of here. He can probably hook something up for me. I'm going to need a car, too, but that shouldn't be too difficult. I can just take some motorist hostage with my machine gun and drive to Massachusetts that way. Going to be a long drive."

This is a very long quote in comparison to others posted here and probably not the funniest or anything (after all, Freeman is basically just walking through nondescript tunnels at this point), but what I see here is a lot of character building for what Ross is trying to make Freeman into: a self-centered asshole with delusions of grandeur, which runs in stark contrast to the kind of character Half-Life 2 creates for Gordon as "The One Free Man" and looked up to as some sort of messianic figure.

I adore that kind of thing. :)

favourite quote?

*writes down entire Freeman's mind text*

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

The Marco/Polo thing had me laughing so hard. Just sticks out like a wildfire whenever I try to recall any FM.

Mine is "Hey, why is the guard dead? You Kill him? I want some answers!"

Just the way he says it! Episode 5

Though there are so many epic quotes.

tbh, this whole series is excellent, but

my probably most favourite part is in ep 44, when Freeman rants about mind control, looks into tube, facehugger jumps out and right after that, Freeman dodges it, so that facehugger falls... "YEAH! Burrow that, mother***er! SPLAT!"

the sound that facehugger does, is just too good as is Freeman's reaction after that

btw whole episode brought out my fear of heights..

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"