Why I always play Half-Life 2 on hard

Sign in to follow this  

Try the cinematic fakefactory mod. I'm playing it on normal and it's so much harder than anything I've ever played. Enemies have greater accuracy, probably have as good of accuracy as Gordon Freeman. One second delay and you've already lost 50 of your health. No joke. You'll be saving every chance you get, especially if you play it on hard. I don't dare play it on hard.

I've beaten HL2 on all difficulties enough time that I think I can justify using cheats to mix it up.

In fact, I'm dedicated to completing the mod MINERVA on hard and that makes HL2 hard look like a kiddie ride at disney land. I seriously never thought any HL material, mod or canon, would actually have me saving before each fight, and constantly reloading simply so I have enough health/ammo left afterwards to keep going. 1 revolver miss, 1 wasted grenade, 1 tiny mistake in a fight and you're probably in trouble.

The thing is, you don't have any ass-kissing npc dialog to break up the fights.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

What about ass-kissing NPC faces? There's lots of ass-kissing NPC faces. :P

Since I ever began the saga, 'Hard' has been my first and only choice, which has made me thankfully see it as the standard in pretty much all past and future Valve games and other third-party shooters.

Yes, "third-party" is anything non-valve-related.

Half-Life: The "Super Meat Boy" of FPS games.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

I just play it on default settings. No altercations whatsoever, save a FoV increase.

Isn't the default fov of 90 enough?

Nah. First off, human vision has an FoV of around 200. I go with an FoV of 120. That's the best bang for your buck without distorting your screen.

Oh, and I don't think Half-Life is THAT hard that you can compare it to Super Meat Boy. I make it through the tough parts of that game in 3 lives or less. Super Meat Boy, I quit after 3 levels of Hell.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time