Freeman's Mind 2 Reactions

Barney: Good job, Gordon. Throwing that switch and all. I can see your MIT education really pays for itself.

Gordon: Hey, screw you! At least I have an education!

I had my own reaction for that in SMOD.

Barney: Good job, Gordon. Throwing that switch and all. I can see your MIT education really pays for itself.

Gordon: *Hits Barney with shovel*

Satisfactory but not relevant to Freeman's Mind.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Maybe for an April fools episode when Ross gets to that point in... April 2092?

That or as something Freeman thinks of doing, but doesn't really do.

Freeman: * Fantasizes about hitting barney with shovel * No, no... I don't have a shovel, and he still owes me a beer...

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I think it would be great for him to start the game still thinking he was in Black Mesa.

"Uggh... My head... where... What's with these's outfits? Am I on the janitor tram? What the fuck?! I DON'T BELONG HERE! I HAVE A DOCTOR'S DEGREE!"

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Breen (recording): "Welcome! Welcome to City 17."

Freeman: "I know that voice..."

Breen: "You have chosen or been chosen to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers..."

Freeman: "Yeah, the old administrator hasn't changed one bit. Thinking he runs the joint. But I have news for you, buddy: I just killed a giant space fetus. What have you done? Can you name even one thing? I thought not.* Yeah, I'm the man." (sees vortigaunt sweeping) "Christ, it's one of those things! Where's my gun?!"

* ...then when Breen says the same thing a lot later, Freeman can respond with one of those "We're not so different, you and I" realizations. ;)

Breen: "You have chosen or been chosen to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers..."

Freeman: "Yeah, the old administrator hasn't changed one bit. Thinking he runs the joint. But I have news for you, buddy: I just killed a giant space fetus. What have you done? Can you name even one thing? I thought not.* Yeah, I'm the man." (sees vortigaunt sweeping) "Christ, it's one of those things! Where's my gun?!"

* ...then when Breen says the same thing a lot later, Freeman can respond with one of those "We're not so different, you and I" realizations. ;)

Either that or he would think of it as a coincidence...

START OF FINAL LEVEL

Mossman: Don't Struggle, There's no use.

Freeman: I'LL STRUGGLE AS MUCH AS I WANT!!!

Mossman: Until your where he wants you theres nothing you can do.

Freeman: Oh Yeah?! *Makes a Spitting Sound* Great, I missed!!

Freeman shouldn't genuinely care about Alyx until she proves her worth to him somehow, but he SHOULD hold Eli, Kleiner, and Barney in SOME regard.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

Freeman shouldn't genuinely care about Alyx until she proves her worth to him somehow, but he SHOULD hold Eli, Kleiner, and Barney in SOME regard.

Absolutely. People seem to be forgetting this:

Barney and Gordon have been friends since Black Mesa. Both would race into Dr. Kleiner's office via the air ducts when he would lock himself out.

Can't quite remember when this is actually mentioned in the game, so I took the quote from Half-Life wiki.

Absolutely. People seem to be forgetting this:

Barney and Gordon have been friends since Black Mesa. Both would race into Dr. Kleiner's office via the air ducts when he would lock himself out.

Can't quite remember when this is actually mentioned in the game, so I took the quote from Half-Life wiki.

I don't think it actually is mentioned in-game since by the time Half-Life was made and released, Valve had no official storyline or backstory actually IN the game and everything was either mentioned in a manual or something.

I don't think it was until Half-Life 2 was made they tried to expand on single characters since HL1 didn't have any single character NPC's outside Gordon and G-Man and all the other NPC's were just clones of each other with identical clothes, looks and voices and there were probably a maximum of 3-4 base models used for scientists and just 1 used for guards (Barney), with one more guard being added in the Opposing Force pack (Otis).

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

* Now about that beer I owed you*

* Hey! I know you! You're that sucker I saw back in Black Mesa!

* Sees Jeep*

* What the fuck is this? This isn't a car! It is a heap of scrap metal on wheels! And you expect me to drive that? Forget Nova Prospekt, Im lucky if this piece of shit last me to a town*

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.

- Karl Pilkington

Is it me, or does it seem like someone is just setting up these puzzle just to watch me solve them? Because I seem to be running into a lot of them lately.

I wonder how would he react to Combine Advisors...

I think it'd be really funny if after realizing the vortigaunt is just standing there sweeping, we will go on to think that humanity actually did win the alien invasion, and enslaved the aliens. And of course he would take credit immediately.

Also, it might be funny for him to take a while to realize the whole Combine situation, and just assume that everything is different just because its the future.

(Also, Chrome seems to think vortigaunt should be spelled "unsporting". Uhhhhhh.......)

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

"Pick up that can."

"Wait...what? He wants me to pick up a can? Is that all that's required to move through this ga-"

"Pick. Up. The can."

"Alright! Jesus fucking Christ..."

"Now, put it in the trash can."

"...Seriously? Trash pickup? Alright, but I better get paid for this. Jesus, I shouldn't be doing this, I have a doctor's degree..."

"Alright, you can go. Hahaha..."

"Did he just laugh at me? I don't know, but I think that guy was just screwing with me. I could go through here, and there would be a dozen cops on my ass. Fuck it, I'm gonna go in. I may as well die, anyways, I should've killed myself hours ago! ...Wait, no one's waiting for me! I wanted to die fighting! This police force SUCKS!"

He who fights drummers

I think he'd probly do what I do, throw the can at the cop, then dodge around him, and jump over the civilian line and wait for the cop to give up, then shout: "YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT, YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE FREEMAN!"

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think it would be great for him to start the game still thinking he was in Black Mesa.

Actually, that would be kind of funny.

"Don't drink the water, they put something in it. To make you forget. I don't even remember how I got here."

"Oh man! I KNEW drinking from the water fountains was a bad idea!"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I don't think it actually is mentioned in-game

It is, Alyx mentions this in episode 1 in the tunnel, storage room with a pistol.

The vortigaunt is going to be the least of his worries after he sees the strider.