Freeman's Mind 2 Reactions

"I think you dropped this back in Black Mesa."

"...Are you fucking with me?"

"Good luck out there buddy. You're gonna need it."

"Yeah, sure...don't give me a GUN, or anything. Give me this crowbar so I can try beating armed cops up close while I have an exposed head."

He who fights drummers

"Yeah, sure...don't give me a GUN, or anything. Give me this crowbar so I can try beating armed cops up close while I have an exposed head."

Isn't Freeman's reaction to that scene already in Freeman Across The Universe?

So is Freeman yelling at a random scientist, a scene which isn't in Freeman's Mind.

He who fights drummers

Gordon: So what's your story, morning glory?

Alyx: ... Not much of a talker, are you?

Gordon: What? I just said -- wait. Wait, I get it. This is some kind of tactic. Make me think I've gone mute as WELL as insane enough to believe I am still talking until I believe it and STOP talking. Well it won't work, sister!

A nod to my older post

[Freeman's mind intro]

"Okay, now shit is DEFINITELY getting real. If I understand this correctly, aliens from another planet have invaded and have taken over the world, and I, out of some freak coincidence, am it's only hope. What form of meth am I on where aliens can take over the world in seven hours? What am I going to do? I can't exactly escape to Massachusetts if the entire world is enslaved. Hmm, if i'm right about this, city 17 might be in the middle of some sort of eastern European country I've been seeing a lot of signs and posters with some sort of Russian letters. I can probably make my way to Bulgaria, I have a couple buddies there who can help. If I can find eddy he can probably smuggle me across the country, give me some weapons. I wouldn't doubt he has a SPAS-12 up for sale. That man can smuggle anything anywhere. Man I miss my shotgun, the satisfaction of punching 12 gauge into someone's abdomen is so overwhelming."

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"

A nod to my older post

[Freeman's mind intro]

"Okay, now shit is DEFINITELY getting real. If I understand this correctly, aliens from another planet have invaded and have taken over the world, and I, out of some freak coincidence, am it's only hope. What form of meth am I on where aliens can take over the world in seven hours? What am I going to do? I can't exactly escape to Massachusetts if the entire world is enslaved. Hmm, if i'm right about this, city 17 might be in the middle of some sort of eastern European country I've been seeing a lot of signs and posters with some sort of Russian letters. I can probably make my way to Bulgaria, I have a couple buddies there who can help. If I can find eddy he can probably smuggle me across the country, give me some weapons. I wouldn't doubt he has a SPAS-12 up for sale. That man can smuggle anything anywhere. Man I miss my shotgun, the satisfaction of punching 12 gauge into someone's abdomen is so overwhelming."

I'm Bulgarian and i find this awesome.I would definitely help The One Free Man on his quest.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Here's my attempt in doing a FM2 reaction. It ain't much, but it's the best i can do.

GF: Zzzzzz..... Zzzz..... oxycodoooone.....

GMan: Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman. Rise and shine.

GF: Who said that? Oh, it's you. Shit, i must have slept again. There goes my job, i guess

GMan: Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest. And all the effort in the world could have gone to waste until...well, let's just say your hour has come again.

GF: My hour? What the fuck are you talking about "my hour"?

GMan: The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

GF: Look, can you cut the ominous crap and tell me what the hell is going on?

GMan: So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes.

GF: Wait, COME BACK HERE! Wait, why am i in this train? What the hell am i wearing? WHERE'S MY SUIT?!?! The bastard. He said i earned that suit. First, the helmet, now the entire damn suit. How am i going to survive being shot, and prove to everyone i'm awesome if all I have is this blue pajama that everyone here in this train is wearing?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Welp, now what?

I'm pretty sure Ross wouldn't make the same joke twice.

I'm Bulgarian and i find this awesome.I would definitely help The One Free Man on his quest.

I'm sure you would, and thank you. But what I was referencing was the fact that Mike and Dave from Civil Protection are (possibly) stationed in Bulgaria and were also mentioned in Barney's Mind as being barney's "Friend's from Bulgaria"

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"

Metro-Police: Pick up that can.

Gordon Freeman: Fascist! You pick up that can!

Metro-Police: Pick it up and put it in the trash can.

*Picks up can and throws it at Metro-Cops head.*

Gordon Freeman: Hahaha! Come and get me fascist!

I think he'd probably call the Combine fascists or communists.

Also...

Vortigaunt: It is the FREEEEMAAAN isn't it?

Gordon Freeman: I remember you bastards from Black Mesa and from that planet.... That's it! I'm not getting ZAPPED ANYMORE!!!! *pulls out Pistol and starts shooting at it* DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!

*kills Vortigaunt*

Also there should be references to 1984 as in the book... not the actual year. Thought Police...

Also there should be references to 1984 as in the book... not the actual year. Thought Police...

From what was seen in game, City 17 operates more like Poland under Soviet/Nazi occupation than Oceania.

From what was seen in game, City 17 operates more like Poland under Soviet/Nazi occupation than Oceania.

So then maybe he should say...

"Oh shit... maybe the Soviet paratroopers really did land."

"You know, I really can't decide how I feel about these resistance guys. I mean, on one hand, they're like the only people I've met so far that haven't shot at me. Then there's the fact that they give me the respect I deserve. I haven't heard a single "Mister Freeman" since I got here; it's always "Doctor." Even back at Black Mesa most people didn't do that.

On the other hand, it seems like every time I talk to one of them, the fucking feds show up thirty seconds later and start shooting. I guess it could be a coincidence, but seriously, is this some kind of double act? They play nice to lure me in, then sell me out to the aliens in exchange for... a quick death by bullets? I guess that doesn't make sense, but seriously, there's something really off about this.

Maybe it's like how during the Cold War, one in ten members of the Communist Party were actually undercover FBI agents. So maybe there's a Combine plant in every rebel group, and that's how they keep finding me. You know, I never thought I'd say this, but compared to this I actually liked how the soldiers back at Black Mesa ran things. At least they weren't using spies. I actually feel more comfortable when everyone who wants me dead just tries to shoot me straight-up. I mean, being shot at in the first place really sucks, but at least it was always obvious who I needed to kill."

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

"You know, I really can't decide how I feel about these resistance guys. I mean, on one hand, they're like the only people I've met so far that haven't shot at me. Then there's the fact that they give me the respect I deserve. I haven't heard a single "Mister Freeman" since I got here; it's always "Doctor." Even back at Black Mesa most people didn't do that.

On the other hand, it seems like every time I talk to one of them, the fucking feds show up thirty seconds later and start shooting. I guess it could be a coincidence, but seriously, is this some kind of double act? They play nice to lure me in, then sell me out to the aliens in exchange for... a quick death by bullets? I guess that doesn't make sense, but seriously, there's something really off about this.

Maybe it's like how during the Cold War, one in ten members of the Communist Party were actually undercover FBI agents. So maybe there's a Combine plant in every rebel group, and that's how they keep finding me. You know, I never thought I'd say this, but compared to this I actually liked how the soldiers back at Black Mesa ran things. At least they weren't using spies. I actually feel more comfortable when everyone who wants me dead just tries to shoot me straight-up. I mean, being shot at in the first place really sucks, but at least it was always obvious who I needed to kill."

You know what, Ross should legit hire you. Not just for Freeman's Mind, for his videos in general.

He who fights drummers

You know what, Ross should legit hire you. Not just for Freeman's Mind, for his videos in general.

Seconded. Colour me impressed.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Here's another one:

Upon trying the gravity gun:

GF: What does this do *pulls object* Awesome! i gotta have this on my apartment. This will come in handy. Now how about this other trigger *launches object to the air* WOW! This is even better than my butane-powered tennis ball cannon i made when i was six.

(i read somewhere in Combine Overwiki that Gordon made a butane-powered tennis ball cannon at the age of six, so i thought i'd throw it in)

Playing fetch with D0g:

Alright! Extreme hi-tech fetch. Let's do this!

Welp, now what?

Rebel: Don't forget to reload, Dr. Freeman!

Freeman: I'm using a crowbar YOU ASSHOLE! THERE'S NOTHING TO RELOAD! Unless...wait, have I been using this wrong? I have been out of it a long time. Did we actually waste time making re-loadable crowbars with aliens running around? I guess if it was made by Black Mesa it wouldn't surprise me. How would it even work?

Sigh* No, no I was right, and he was just an idiot. Like always. I don't know why I ever give people the benefit of the doubt.

I really can't wait to see Freeman's reactions to Ravenholm!

Well then it's a good thing you don't have to! I think.. :?

I really can't wait to see Freeman's reactions to Ravenholm!

"Fucking road runner zombies, man! The other ones were annoying, but these clock in at like forty k-p-h! How the hell do they even run that fast? They don't have any muscle mass! They look like they were bred in a lab, then dipped in vats of acid before being released into the wild.

You know, I have to respect what seems to be the evolutionary process here. I mean, just look at the old ones. They have those huge claws, so they're clearly supposed to be predators, but they're also slow, clumsy, and make a lot of noise, which makes them really shitty hunters. When you look at it that way, it actually makes sense that they'd die out, and either the species goes extinct or they're forced to evolve into something that's better suited for survival.

But the thing is that should take thousands or millions of years! I was supposed to be dead before these things evolved to the point of being a threat! This is just another example of how reality is fucking with me; even evolution is moving faster than it should just so the universe has a better chance at killing me."

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun