Freeman's Mind 2 Reactions

"I'm Alyx Vance. My father worked with you, back in Black Mesa. I'm sure you don't remember me though. Man of few words, aren't you?"

How are you supposed to respond to that?

Wow, this is certainly an exercise in Improv comedy.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

"I'm Alyx Vance. My father worked with you, back in Black Mesa. I'm sure you don't remember me though. Man of few words, aren't you?"

"I just had a near death experience. Again. Then you threw a flash-bang in my face! Thanks for saving my life and all, but don't expect my whole life story after that. I'm stressed. I need some pills..."

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

*Running across the rooftops, getting shot at by Civil Protection.*

Freeman: "This is -OW- just like that one time in New Orleans, except it's morning, and I'm not stark naked in a trashbag poncho."

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

Barney: "Now, about that beer I owe you."

Gordon: "What?"

Barney: "It's me, Gordon. Barney, from Black Mesa."

Gordon: "I don't know who you are, but you have beer? Where is it?"

Gordon should know who Barney is.

- Gordon Freeman

I think it would be funny for Barney to remember Gordon but Gordon not paying Barney (whom he would consider beneath him and just another security guard or something) any notice during his time at Black Mesa. I don't know; I thought that Barney basically believing that he and Gordon being best friends while Gordon not even knowing who he was would be hilarious. ("You guys all look the same to me anyway.")

Oh well. :)

I hate it when he does that.

- Gordon Freeman

Barney: "Now, about that beer I owe you."

Gordon: "Wait, you're that bastard that sent that soldier to kill me, aren't you?"

Barney: "It's me, Gordon! Barney, from Black Mesa!"

Gordon: "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I shot you. But if you think that and a beer is going to make up for trying to kill me, you're wrong."

On the train at the beginning of the game:

After all of that, all I want is some calming music and enough beer to forget two days' worth of memories.

God I really hope I'm in a coma and for all of this to be a dream.

I think it would be funny for Barney to remember Gordon but Gordon not paying Barney (whom he would consider beneath him and just another security guard or something) any notice during his time at Black Mesa. I don't know; I thought that Barney basically believing that he and Gordon being best friends while Gordon not even knowing who he was would be hilarious. ("You guys all look the same to me anyway.")

Oh well. :)

I guess you can argue that the boot to the head in "Apprehension" is why he doesn't recognize Barney...

(Freeman: [seeing Barney Calhoun banging on a locked door] "Ahh, I'm not the only one who's late! SUCKER! Ha ha!")

...but it still annoys the hell out of me.

- Gordon Freeman

Haha. You all think you can predict Ross.

It's more like coming up with funny quotes while waiting for the next episode rather than actual predictions hahaha

Maybe he could say before this quote, "I"m not talking to you." Then Alyx could say her thing and, after she says "Man of few words, aren't you?", Freeman could launch into a tirade, talking over her. ;)

(normal voice)wait you dont mean the guy who told me to go to the surface and get help and ended up sending me into that (shouting)hell hole maze of cut corners, cheap materials, incompitent handling of (pause)everything and blatent waste of goverment money black mesa dared to call a functioning research facility do you? (breathes for a second. normal voice)granted i did eventually get out, but still its his fault i had to go through all that in the first place.

*After Eli's death*

Freeman: "Fan-fucking-tastic. Now I'm obligated to provide some form of emotional support. I'll look like a huge prick if I don't. But because of my connection with her, everyone will think I'm her boyfriend or something."

"Damn it, Eli! I need my training wheels back! I still don't know how to ride this thing! Oh wow, that sound wrong."

- Gordon Freeman

Barney: Good job, Gordon. Throwing that switch and all. I can see your MIT education really pays for itself.

Gordon: Hey, screw you! At least I have an education!

Barney: Good job, Gordon. Throwing that switch and all. I can see your MIT education really pays for itself.

Gordon: Hey, screw you! At least I have an education!

I had my own reaction for that in SMOD.

Gordon: *Hits Barney with shovel*