Call of Duty

Call of Duty is to the game industry as pop music is to the music industry. Real music fanatics aren't listening to the bubblegum pop that plagues the music charts, and real gaming fanatics aren't wasting their money on the "new" call of duty game.

+rep

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Call of Duty is to the game industry as pop music is to the music industry. Real music fanatics aren't listening to the bubblegum pop that plagues the music charts, and real gaming fanatics aren't wasting their money on the "new" call of duty game.

+rep

-rep. :D

Think of Half-Life as Queen or Scorpions or one of the other good artists, and think of CoD and Halo as Justin Bieber.

Also known as "Username"

and think of CoD and Halo as Justin Bieber.

The original Halo wasn't that bad. More like Nirvana... Short duration of cool, but never got better. The rest of the series I would put in your analogy though.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

FJLYw_fullsize.jpeg?91c651f8

Bout as much as this series means to me. I still play MW1 though, when I absolutely need to shoot things that die easily.

Retired Forum Moderator

Serious Sam is fun killing people wise.

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

Just downloaded Modern Warfare. Might give it a try, and if I like it, I might buy it. Not sure though since I'm mostly busy with Deus Ex HR and later on Rage.

1 or 2. MW1 is awesome, MW2 is just repetitive.

Hi Friend.

i'm an avid player of modern warfare 2(Xbox360) i'm level 70 3rd prestige. i mainly use the Cheytac Intervention sniper rifle, and the Barret .50cal. when things get a little Fubar i use the ACR with the red dot. my load out for snipers include slight of hand, stopping power, and commando, or steady aim. (depending on situation). for the ACR i use scavenger with stopping and commando. i'm a proficient quickscoper with the Cheytac.

i generally play either Team D or domination/ground war. my kill/death ratio is 1.04 so i'm not bad but there's room for improvement.

I'm not a fan of Call of Duty as you probably know. But I've learned not to trash what other people like in hopes they do the same. CoD's success is likely due to it's simplicity much the same as Halo. Typically little tactics between players and a low skill requirement, which makes it a game more open to new and/or casual gamers, but still maintaining the feeling of a more demanding game. Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, I have little doubt that MW3 will still be more successful than Black Ops, and still more successful than BF3. BF3 has alienated itself from part of the PC market by trying to shove origin down it's throat and isn't the simple shooter that the majority of "casual" gamers are interested in or are aware of. The demand for an unoriginal, thoughtlessly simple to play but still fun nonetheless FPS will never die, almost assuring CoD's future.

Note that all current military FPSs are unoriginal and in many cases thoughtlessly simple to play. This includes BF3, which in the end will still be a partially updated clone of BFBC2. The main differences between BF and CoD are: vehicles, classes, a larger requirement for teamwork and BF's slower pace. Otherwise they're similar. I'm not saying that Call of Duty players don't have any skill and that they're all casual gamers, but I am saying that the skill requirement is lower than some other games, which makes it an easy option for the hordes of terrible players.

And that's my rant.

If you have ever played MW2 multiplayer, you know it is 10% skill and 90% pure luck. But to be honest, i don't play any CoD MP to win anymore. I usually just screw around. Which MW2 is actually very good for.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And thanks to EA I no longer care about MW3 or Battlefield 3. TBH I don't think I'm missing out on much with COD being the same as the last 3 games and Battlefield being BFBC2 with extra MP camping and even more dust.

MW2 can be very fun when your on a long streak of killing people without dieing, but it can be equally frustrating. I have a love/hate relationship with MW2.

Black Ops I never got into, Infinityward is just a better game developer then Treyarch. I look forward to playing MW3. Although I will give Treyarch this, they support their game much better then most companies will providing tons of content and being very proactive with the community. :clap:

Maybe its because I'm not such a hardcore gamer, that I connect best with CoD because its fun and simple (and when I was a much more hardcore gamer, I was playing MW2 or the earlier cod titles)

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

MW2 can be very fun when your on a long streak of killing people without dieing, but it can be equally frustrating. I have a love/hate relationship with MW2.

Black Ops I never got into, Infinityward is just a better game developer then Treyarch. I look forward to playing MW3. Although I will give Treyarch this, they support their game much better then most companies will providing tons of content and being very proactive with the community. :clap:

Maybe its because I'm not such a hardcore gamer, that I connect best with CoD because its fun and simple (and when I was a much more hardcore gamer, I was playing MW2 or the earlier cod titles)

Its too easy because of stackable killstreaks. Get 5kills and your pretty much guaranteed to get another easy 20kills right after. Also MW2 isn't even made by the real infinity ward.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MW was pretty good, though the plot felt a bit confusing. I can see why people play it more as a multiplayer game.

Its like pirates of Caribbean 2 bridging over to something bigger, lets just hope that the 3rd one isn't as messy as Pirates 3.

Its too easy because of stackable killstreaks. Get 5kills and your pretty much guaranteed to get another easy 20kills right after. Also MW2 isn't even made by the real infinity ward.

Which makes its great for the casual gamer, and is a game you can play at parties with regular folks. Explain how it isn't made by the real infinity ward please, because I thought it was. Is this like a clone? :wtf:

MW was pretty good, though the plot felt a bit confusing. I can see why people play it more as a multiplayer game.

Its like pirates of Caribbean 2 bridging over to something bigger, lets just hope that the 3rd one isn't as messy as Pirates 3.

Which makes its great for the casual gamer, and is a game you can play at parties with regular folks. Explain how it isn't made by the real infinity ward please, because I thought it was. Is this like a clone? :wtf:

I know and i agree. CoD is a casual game.

After the MW2 lawsuit all the important people of Infinity Ward left to join Respawn Entertainment or left altogether. What is now Infinity Ward is mostly just new people, not the Infinity Ward that made Cod, Cod2, Cod4 and MW2.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After the MW2 lawsuit all the important people of Infinity Ward left to join Respawn Entertainment or left altogether. What is now Infinity Ward is mostly just new people, not the Infinity Ward that made Cod, Cod2, Cod4 and MW2.

Exactly... These new people might actually make a good game though.

Hi Friend.

Exactly... These new people might actually make a good game though.

As much as people like to hate on Call Of Duty. So far Infinity Ward made the better games. As a comparison. After Cod2 IW completely changed the way the Multiplayer worked, with custom classes, killstreaks, perks, attachments ect. Treyarch on the other hand has did nothing but either reskin(WaW) or slightly change(BO) what IW had made.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well I heard about that, but you said that MW2 wasn't made by the real infinityward.. and then in your next post you said they did make mw2.