Call of Duty

Battlefield being BFBC2 with extra MP camping and even more dust.

There is a lot more than those puny things in there... (and why is camping a bad thing, unless you're talking about spawncamping)

Completely destructible environments (BC2 it was just trees, walls/fences, and buildings), more vehicles, more weapons, better graphics, better performance, fewer bugs...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

And looking more and more like COD every time a gameplay video is released.

Um, no?

If you think it looks like CoD, then you must be blind...

It does look like it's trying to be Call of Duty. Remember the first 2 battlefield games? They had these kind of endearing characters telling jokes and sometimes making fun of CoD. The new B3 trailers look way more "serious", with heavily armored soldiers walking through desert streets saying "Shit man, I hope I see my family again..." or "We got a tango in Delta sector due south to the LZ" :roll:

That's because they're going for extreme realism now... Not just gamelike realism.

And looking more and more like COD every time a gameplay video is released.

Um, no?

If you think it looks like CoD, then you must be blind...

I think you're blind with fanboyism TBH.

Being a fan of a good FPS game isn't as bad as being a fan of one of the shittiest FPS games ever.

That all depends on the person. I can't be bothered with either of them so I'll be sticking to games that look unique or innovative i.e. Deus Ex and Skyrim.

Check out this super-hyperventilation-MLGstyle MW3 multiplayer analysis i have found.

MRd1N3YG1qM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unique & innovative?!? Skyrim?!?

I hope you aren't implying Battlefield 3 is going to innovate.

Btw, Have you ever played a game like Skyrim that isn't just another game in the Elder Scrolls series?

runaway_train_derailed_thread_soul_asylum.jpg

I believe that Call of Duty is highly overrated.

MW3 will be just like any other FPS/CoD game.

That is all.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Unique & innovative?!? Skyrim?!?

_Rav9ijyyZk

This is my last off topic post but yes, Skyrim is going to be very unique compared to all the other games coming out this year. The only game that's similar to Skyrim is Oblivion, Battlefield 3 is just trying to be another COD along with every military FPS that has been released since MW2, scratch that, every MP FPS that has come out.

Now for me to join on the hate train. Call of Duty as a series has only 2 plausible roads it can go down in the next few years.

1.They continue doing what they're doing. Making short as crap campaigns that are just some linear levels full of explosions and terrorism, because they know the multiplayer is all people give a shit about. Each yearly installment has either negligible or bad changes done to the gameplay from the last game, but will overall play exactly the same with each gun in a certain gun class being almost the same fucking thing. People eventually realize just how stagnant the series and its gameplay has been since around '07 or '08. That year's installment and possibly the series as a whole crashes, burns, and has its grave pissed on by much better FPSes that come out around the same time. Possibly even getting a good Mighty Boot from the new Duke Nukem game if the timing really ends up that good.

My reaction: Smug pleasure in the fact CoD is getting what it deserves, but feeling sad for all the people who would inevitably get laid off.

2. They realize number one is going to happen if they don't get shit together and actually change something. Series possibly takes a hiatus so they can go back to the drawing board to see how they can improve everything. Mod tools, map editors, and other such side things could possibly result. The eventual CoD game resulting from this will most likely be very innovative or at least have much more depth within the gameplay compared to most previous CoD games. Most likely not Deus Ex depth, but too much innovation in one go might make most of the fanbase's heads explode from too much genuine awesome at once. The series still sells well, but now is more deserving of the love.

My reaction: Better games and people keep their jobs. The preferable choice.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Series possibly takes a hiatus so they can go back to the drawing board to see how they can improve everything.

And go an entire year without a billion dollar game? That's not how Activision rolls.