FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 42

Sign in to follow this  

The Combine Overwiki is not run by Valve. I don't think there's any in-universe evidence for them being a special forces branch of the Marines. True, it lists as such in Opposing Force, but OF was not made by Valve.

Besides, this is the mofo-ing Freeman. Do not question the abilities of the One Free Man!

do you think they had the time and money to armor their helicopters for that? Remember, this is the HECU, not the regular military.

http://www.half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Hazardous_Environment_Combat_Unit

They are a special forces branch of the Marines... Why would they not have military grade equipment and vehicles?

If we gonna follow that line of thought, we could as well remember where Ross got his sub-machine gun and most of his ammo, from the soldiers themselves, who knows, that ammo could have been some nasty bullets capable of piercing through metal if fired at close range.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

The Combine Overwiki is not run by Valve. I don't think there's any in-universe evidence for them being a special forces branch of the Marines. True, it lists as such in Opposing Force, but OF was not made by Valve.

Besides, this is the mofo-ing Freeman. Do not question the abilities of the One Free Man!

Valve has never stated what is canon so technically it doesn't really matter if OF wasn't made by Valve. And would Valve publish the expansions if they weren't okay with the content or wanted the content to go with HL1? If Valve didn't want the expansions to count as canon they could easily remove them from Steam or not publish them at all.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Valve seems to have a policy of "whatever the hell we said most recently is canon" so as far as I'm concerned as long as it's not later contradicted, it's canon. Also, the MP5 could've killed the pilot (who I guess hit a self-destruct button or something as he was dying). Of course, the HECU is having trouble taking down an untrained theoretical physicist, so maybe the chopper is made of cardboard.

Anyway, good (but brief) episode, and a lot of damn dam puns. But I know there is a feature-length film in the making, so the brevity doesn't concern me too much.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

do you think they had the time and money to armor their helicopters for that? Remember, this is the HECU, not the regular military.

They are a special forces branch of the Marines... Why would they not have military grade equipment and vehicles?

I'm gonna go with the assumption Freeman got a lucky shot.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

We'll see how lucky he's going to be against NEXT helicopter :D

p.s. Pinkie Sense just slipped my mind. Would be hilarious to cross Pinkie Pie and Gordon Freeman.

Pretty dam good episode, Mr. Scott!!

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

That was a very DAMN good episode Ross. The secene with the dam was so DAMN good especially when freeman fired his god DAMN gun at all those guys and such. That DAMN sound editing for god DAMN forever but it was DAMN worth it for the wait. That DAMN water was everywhere i don't like how no one has DAMN stuff for the one Freeman. This DAMN world is against him. PS: God DAMN i love you Ross.

Nyao nyao~ 子猫は幸せです

That was a very DAMN good episode Ross. The secene with the dam was so DAMN good especially when freeman fired his god DAMN gun at all those guys and such. That DAMN sound editing for god DAMN forever but it was DAMN worth it for the wait. That DAMN water was everywhere i don't like how no one has DAMN stuff for the one Freeman. This DAMN world is against him. PS: God DAMN i love you Ross.

Sorry, but that joke is so DAMN played out by now that it's not really funny anymore. :?

Sorry, but that joke is so DAMN played out by now that it's not really funny anymore. :?

I know, seriously, da- I mean... shit.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

It's pretty dam funny though. ;P

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Yes, yes it is. Especially since it's so ironic, given how much Gordon hates puns.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

What did Freeman say, when he ran into a concrete wall?

Dam!

:lol:

:ROFL :mrgreen::mrgreen:

This was probably one of my most favorite Episode's because I personally like the Dam in the game since all I usually do in video games is stare at water... And shiny things...

Don't judge me!

I just... I don't even...

p.s. Pinkie Sense just slipped my mind. Would be hilarious to cross Pinkie Pie and Gordon Freeman.

Gordon+_d4cd5e9fd9e3dab9d184ef3bd11f0dcf.png

Close enough?

I created an account just for this.

The full image has been my desktop background FOREVER.

I can go with that, as long as people don't keep saying that it was a lucky kill of the pilot. Only way any SMG (even with AP rounds) could've killed that helicopter would be to get a couple dozen rounds into the engines.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.