Accursed Farms Meetup 2012

Looking forward to being able to go to the meetup and be all like FIRST

AF meet-up!

Horrid jokes that probably deserve to get me banned (and don't even really work) aside , I'm not looking forward to the drive down from Mass (you're not the only one, jamie), but this is definitely going to be great. The best part is that between a lack of travel ability most of the year and lack of knowledge about closer such things, the first AF meet-up will be my first meet-up for internet thingies. I've been wanting to go to such things for years, and I SUPPOSE Accursed Farms might an acceptable start.

I believe that most people here know how to act in public situations, especially around other people.

...or, at least I hope so!

I hope someone takes a camera, still or preferably video, so that people that can't make it can live vicariously through those that can, if just for a little while. :D

... I'm not looking forward to the drive down from Mass (you're not the only one, jamie), but this is definitely going to be great. The best part is that between a lack of travel ability most of the year and lack of knowledge about closer such things, the first AF meet-up will be my first meet-up for internet thingies. I've been wanting to go to such things for years, and I SUPPOSE Accursed Farms might an acceptable start.

Cool, another one from MA! I've never done this sort of meetup either, although I saw a live production of Potter Puppet Pals a few years ago, and got to say Hi to the guy who does that.

Btw, I'm basically taking the route that Google Maps generated, except near DC I dragged it out to 495 past Andrews AFB, hoping to avoid some traffic near the center. Last time I tried to drive through DC it was at night and I got really lost, ended up in the Capitol parking lot at 2am, quickly chased out by the cops. That was no fun at all.

Having the meetup at an amusement park, and not something like a sports bar, is a great idea, and kid-friendly by default.

I will definitely have a camera, even if its just my crappy iTouch.

Awesome. I've been looking for a reason to go to Carowinds. I live less than 2 hours away.

Advice:

1) The park will be PACKED on weekends.

2) Locker rentals for $10-20 depending on size. (Subject to change)

3) Park is about 398-acre total

Currently searching for cheap parking areas!

WARNING. It has gotten upwards into the 100's as far a temperature goes for the past month.

You know what is sad, I live in Charlotte, drive past Carowinds all the time, but I'm not coming cause that is just too much money... couldn't you have just had it at a bar?

If you want to come, but can't buy the park tickets no problem! we're going to meet OUTSIDE the park first for a couple hours. Meet us there, grab some breakfast (or meet us on our way out once the park closes) and just have fun.

For our North Meetup we raised quite a hullaballo at Dennys in the morning, and then returned and partied there till 1am afterwards.

Also get a T-Shirt!