Accursed Farms Meetup 2012

I have a confirmation from Carowinds about the reduced ticket price. They'll be $36 if you use the link provided in the post. Still waiting on information from King's Dominion, but I should hopefully have an answer soon.

One thing that sucks is that BOTH of these places seem to have a parking fee of $12. I'm trying to brainstorm if there's an alternative to this for people who don't want to get gouged by this. I did see this link:

http://coastercrewnetwork.com/blog/kings-dominion-reaches-record-numbers/

Where some guy says he parked in a nearby soccer field. If anyone lives in the area and has suggestions about evading the parking fees, feel free to post here or contact me.

Yeah, NC is a bit too far for me, maybe 2013.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Post updated for King's Dominion discount. Still figuring out the parking situation

I for one would gladly sacrifice people by the truckload if it meant I could get better parking! :lol:

I've never been to Kings Dominion and I generally have a rule where I only go to amusement parks on cloudy Tuesdays, but I may have to make an exception here! Do you know if it is generally pretty crowded?

What times are we thinking for both? I'm hoping to make it to Virginia, but from Massachusetts, that's a bit of a distance, so Sunday really depends on the time. As for NC, that's the back-up for me, and while easier due to being a Saturday, times would still be useful.

If there isn't anything set, either by Ross or a community consensus on a thread I missed, anyone got any estimates?

What times are we thinking for both? I'm hoping to make it to Virginia, but from Massachusetts, that's a bit of a distance, so Sunday really depends on the time. As for NC, that's the back-up for me, and while easier due to being a Saturday, times would still be useful.

If there isn't anything set, either by Ross or a community consensus on a thread I missed, anyone got any estimates?

No I'm just waiting on getting final details, I plan on making an announcement soon. It's going to something like this:

Probably 9 - 11 meetup somewhere outside of King's Dominion so people who don't want to pay parking fees and buy a ticket don't have to

11 - meetup up for a little while in King's Dominion parking lot

afterwards - go inside King's Dominion and latecomers can track me down (I'll wear something with high visibility)

1,162 miles. By bicycle. 107 hours. Oh boy.

Yeah, I don't think I'll make it this time. Maybe a south-central one sometime?

I'll take a T-shirt though.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

I think that he should just wear an Accursed Farms (or Civil Protection/Freeman's Mind) shirt. Maybe something like "I am Captain Gordon Freeman of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes" or something. ;)

And a ridiculous tie.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

500 miles from Massachusetts. Although it would be a good excuse to visit my brother in Charlottesville. And my absolute favorite band in the world Clutch is playing in Richmond the very same night.

p.s. Cool hair, bro.

http://66.228.32.219/dl2/jamie.jpg

That's a tad uncanny.

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

I'm kind of afraid that if I went, it would be like Chris Farley (me) talking to Paul McCartney (Ross). "Remember, when you made the Civil Protection episode 'Aliens'? Heh, that was great... (stupid, *stoopid*)". Plus I'm 43 so I'm probably twice as old as everyone else, and that would just be weird. I guess if I bring my kid (who loves HL2 and Civil Protection), our ages would average out to around 20, and I'd feel a lot less creepy. I'll have to check with the wife....

I'm kind of afraid that if I went, it would be like Chris Farley (me) talking to Paul McCartney (Ross). "Remember, when you made the Civil Protection episode 'Aliens'? Heh, that was great... (stupid, *stoopid*)". Plus I'm 43 so I'm probably twice as old as everyone else, and that would just be weird. I guess if I bring my kid (who loves HL2 and Civil Protection), our ages would average out to around 20, and I'd feel a lot less creepy. I'll have to check with the wife....

Oh wow. I think there is no need to feel shy about your age. It's important that you enjoy Ross's videos. This is why we are here in the first place. Besides it means that you are young with your spirit ;)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Oh wow. I think there is no need to feel shy about your age. It's important that you enjoy Ross's videos. This is why we are here in the first place. Besides it means that you are young with your spirit ;)

Thanks for that. :) You are right, it is about being a huge fan of the videos, and a rare opportunity to go on a somewhat crazy road trip. As Ross said, better to regret what you have done than what you haven't.

Also, my kid was thrilled with the idea when I mentioned it to her, so I will have a travelling companion. :D:D

Alright, then. Hotel booked, epic road trip begins Saturday, we'll be at the park Sunday morning!

Thanks for that. :) You are right, it is about being a huge fan of the videos, and a rare opportunity to go on a somewhat crazy road trip. As Ross said, better to regret what you have done than what you haven't.

Also, my kid was thrilled with the idea when I mentioned it to her, so I will have a travelling companion. :D:D

Alright, then. Hotel booked, epic road trip begins Saturday, we'll be at the park Sunday morning!

Yayyy! :D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^