What should the reputation system be?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should the reputation system be?

• Same as it is now
    • Post-based ONLY
    • Post-based and user based (reputation and thanks)
    • Reputation should be mod-only
    • Post ratings (funny, dumb, useful, etc)
    • Post ratings and user ratings (as above)
    • Other (please post)

I just coded reputation quickly and added it. You can only give reputation once every 5 minutes.

If you saw it before, I put it up but then had to go so I had to reset the table.

Anyway, any suggestions for this?

This is kind of a replacement for post counts, where people get reputation from users instead, so it's based on quality not quantity!

About the poll: obviously the results will matter, but we'll have to run it by Ross first, of course.

I just coded reputation quickly and added it. You can only give reputation once every 5 minutes.

If you saw it before, I put it up but then had to go so I had to reset the table.

Anyway, any suggestions for this?

This is kind of a replacement for post counts, where people get reputation from users instead, so it's based on quality not quantity!

cool, i never liked the idea of post counts showing next to the post. This will decrease spam

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think this is a good idea as long as people cannot rep themselves.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Yep, i can give myself 1rep every 5minutes xD(though i got 1rep from someone else )

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aah crap, that's a quick fix but I forgot about that xD

He, he. I just gave you 1 reputation point for that

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Another few more suggestions, I don't know if it is posible, but I think it would be nice to give a little description with the reputation you give, like you hit the '+' button and then type 'Helpful post ^^'. Along with this, or as an alternative to this, it would be nice to be able to view this description or a link to the particular post you got repped for from your own user profile, along with the date and possibly time it was given. Kind of like how the reputation system works on the Steam forums.

Another few more suggestions, I don't know if it is posible, but I think it would be nice to give a little description with the reputation you give, like you hit the '+' button and then type 'Helpful post ^^'. Along with this, or as an alternative to this, it would be nice to be able to view this description or a link to the particular post you got repped for from your own user profile, along with the date and possibly time it was given. Kind of like how the reputation system works on the Steam forums.

Meh, I could do that I guess... Actually I just rethought the whole system, woop.

Added something. Give me reputation to see what it is.

Also you can now do it as often as you want, but only once per post, I did this like yesterday, but I did just add something a second ago!

We've all got a train to catch, apparently.

EDIT: Nice, the quotes seem to change.

EDIT2: You can't remove reputation from a post you've given rep too though (it says you've already given rep to it). I suppose when giving rep you need to be sure so accidental repping shouldn't happen. Hopefully.

I love it great idea

I've been working on the railroad! Every pointless day!

I've been working on the railroad, while my life gets pissed away!

Can't you hear the whistle blowing? Shatter my dreams in the 'morn!

Can't you hear the captain shouting? Wish I was never born!

You can't give yourself reputation!

Just wondering is it possible to go negative ?.

I kinda like the Steam forum reputation system where you can't subtract rep.

A somewhat tedious suggestion I have would be to make it ajax. Giving rep to someone shouldn't be as drawn out as loading a whole other page. The forum I coded as an experiment a while back used this method, and worked wonders.