"Busted mic" - Suggestions

I was hoping for an isolated sound file, it's not as helpful for me hearing stuff that's been processed and mixed in with everything else. Again, I'm trying to get a feel for different mics seeing what they sound like when a person is absolutely being as loud as possible into them.

Alrighty. Just sent it.

Good news everyone! A friend of mine has an AKG D88 S and I tested it out and it sounds great. He's willing to sell it to me for not too much. With this mic I think I'll still need a pre-amp, but it's such a relief to find one that I know will sound like what I need.

I sent you an email on the 26th with an audio clip of me talking normally and then briefly yelling, but it may have been buried under other emails if you get lots on a daily basis.
I got it, I was referring to Chuck's sample, he sent me a new one. Sorry for the confusion. Would you recommend the pre-amp that you're using?

Good news everyone! A friend of mine has an AKG D88 S and I tested it out and it sounds great. He's willing to sell it to me for not too much. With this mic I think I'll still need a pre-amp, but it's such a relief to find one that I know will sound like what I need.

I sent you an email on the 26th with an audio clip of me talking normally and then briefly yelling, but it may have been buried under other emails if you get lots on a daily basis.
I got it, I was referring to Chuck's sample, he sent me a new one. Sorry for the confusion. Would you recommend the pre-amp that you're using?

Well it's the only preamp I've ever used, but I've had no problems with it whatsoever.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

If you're still looking for a preamp I suggest this interface : Digidesign MBOX with Focusrite Preamps

The Preamps in that interface are great, and powerful. It's not only a preamp but also an external sound card, it has it's own DAC and is pretty good, my dad uses it for his radio and tv advertising. It doesn't have native support for Windows 7, however a german company called PloyTec developped drivers for it to be used on windows 7 64bit & 32bit. I'm currently using one just as an external DAC with those drivers and it works amazing. My dad's been using them too with a Blue Bluebird with no issues, and excellent sound.

Highly recommended.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs