I wish Gina Cross and Judith Mossman were the same person

It'd be awesome.  

16 members have voted

1. 1. It'd be awesome.

• Awesome.
    • Meh.
    • Not Awesome.

Sign in to follow this  

I wish Gina Cross and Judith Mossman were the same person the entire time.

That'd be awesome. It would have made her rivalry with Gordon more prominent.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

meh, wasn't Dr. Cross from a spinoff title that's mostly forgotten and was really just HL 1 with a co-op gimmick? HL Decay? I just don't consider her prominent enough to be retconned into Mossman.

Besides, Valve, do something new with Half Life, please.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I was worried it was too stupid

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

meh, wasn't Dr. Cross from a spinoff title that's mostly forgotten and was really just HL 1 with a co-op gimmick? HL Decay? I just don't consider her prominent enough to be retconned into Mossman.
The whole relationship with Dr Mossman in HL2 was a scene that we tried to do in Half-Life. We'd done a whole bunch of stuff for this scene where there was a betrayal by a woman scientist; at that point in the story Freeman was being hunted and you think that the scientists are all your friends, so this scientist says she's going to get you help and tells you to stay in the room you're in - and then she calls the guards. We couldn't do that in Half-Life - we didn't really have characters on that level - so it was cool in HL2 when we had characters who were far enough along...

Not just any scientist, Gina Cross: Holographic Assistant model, and fellow Player Character.

Besides, Valve, do something new with Half Life, please.

Think of it this way: Until an unprovoked acknowledgment is made, Half-Life is dead.

- Gordon Freeman

Gina Cross and Judith Mossman are still completely separate people, I think that's obvious.

Why couldn't it work? What couldn't be easily retooled?

- Gordon Freeman

Why couldn't it work? What couldn't be easily retooled?

Names, memories, fan opinions...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It's also unnecessary. They don't even look alike, and the fact that they are deliberately different people. I really don't get why you're such a fan of this. I mean, what's the point? They're completely different people.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

When you first meet Mossman in the decontamination chamber, she says, "I'm Dr. Mossman, Dr. Judith Mossman. I've been hearing of you since long before the Black Mesa incident. Ohh, Black Mesa... I do so envy you working with Eli and Dr. Kleiner when they were at the top of their field."

Later, Alyx complains about Mossman saying that she goes on and on that "it should've been her in the test chamber that day". It appears that Mossman applied for a job at Black Mesa and was in a dead heat with Gordon but he had more experience so got the job over her and she held resentment towards Gordon until at least she meets Gordon at Black Mesa East.

Gina Cross apparently was already working at Black Mesa enough to at least film for the hazard course hologram. Maybe Mossman went to work for Aperture Science until she realized that GLaDOS was insane and escaped just in time before the neurotoxins killed everyone.... ;)

^What this guy said (except for the aperture part), it was pretty obvious that Mossman didnt get a job in Black Mesa, and Gina Cross was a veteran at Black Mesa, it would have been a major retcon merging those characters.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I can't find the page just now, but Gina Cross was actually said to be Gordon's wife in a 1998 or '99 Valve interview.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.