Marijuana

Sign in to follow this  

This may not seem like a serious issue but I'm young-ish and a lot of my friends do marijuana. I need some opinions on this because I honestly feel really sick and suicidal every time I find out a friend has used it. Can some people help me out with this?

Marijuana is a fairly harmless psychoactive drug as it's not physically addictive like stronger drugs such as cocaine and heroine are, so even if you smoke a joint, you won't feel that physical need to have another. It is however illegal and if it's grown in bad soil it can carry some bad stuff.

But I don't think you need to feel worried unless it becomes a problem for your friends.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I honestly think it might be. I'm suspecting that said friend is getting withdrawal. I might be wrong, but what are signs of this?

I'd say - stay away from drugs, weed including.

There's plenty of other pleasant stuff around to not bother with that crap. Wine, beer, spirits - as long as you learn to enjoy the taste and not just drink to get plastered. If you want to smoke - smoke tobacco.

Regards

This honestly isn't about me. I just knew that this forum is full of competent people and I wanted to know what you guys had to say about it. I have no interest in using it.

friend is getting withdrawal .... what are signs of this?

I don't know about cannabis. When I quit smoking the first week I was restless, irritated by minor things, snapping at people and drinking lots of coffee. Also, kind of excited and puzzled that I could be such an idiot as to voluntarily go through anything like that... By the end of the first month I grew used to the new situation and cravings, while never disappearing, were becoming easier to ignore. Month 2 - I thought I was out of the woods then - back to normal self and no problems. Month 3 - back to cravings again. Worse than month 1 except for the first week. I had dreams of me smoking, was waking up in sweat thinking that I've failed, before realising that it was just a dream. After month 3 that was it - no problems ever since.

That seems to be the pattern with other people as well - few of my colleagues tried to stop smoking at about the same time. They've all thought they've done it after 3 months, all failed during month 3.

Regards

Marijuana - a useful tool of The Man, intended to keep the underclass rabble high and complacent in their oppression. As corporate/government control increases, expect to see greater demand for its legalization.*

*This is, of course, the Evil Overlord point-of-view. All I'm saying is if I ever take over, pot smoking will be MANDATORY for the lot of you. Obedience brings victory. Victory is life.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Marijuana - a useful tool of The Man, intended to keep the underclass rabble high and complacent in their oppression. As corporate/government control increases, expect to see greater demand for its legalization.*

*This is, of course, the Evil Overlord point-of-view. All I'm saying is if I ever take over, pot smoking will be MANDATORY for the lot of you. Obedience brings victory. Victory is life.

Well thank god you're not in any position of power. XD

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Well thank god you're not in any position of power. XD

Yes, you should.

On the other hand, now you're on the "Purge" list. :lol:

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Drug is a drug, If you wont addict to it, it may destroy or crush your brain, or other... things inside your body like DNA.

My advice: keep away from them and people that use to use them. No matter if they are your friends, family or whatever.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Yes, drugs can destroy your DNA. If you are one of the many persons to snort plutonium.

Basically, Alyxx is right, marujuana isn't addictive physically. But this doesn't mean that you can get addicted psychologically. And, believe me when I say I have seen it too often, long-term marijuana use in higher doses and frequencies than your Friday-evening joint can heavily affect one's body and mind. I knew people smoking marijuana like regular cigarettes, and they were pretty wasted at all times.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like the consumption of your friends has escalated that far, so I would say there is nothing to worry about, as long as they don't get poisoned buying the really cheap stuff.

And I think you shouldn't simply stay away from people that do drugs. If they are seriously addicted they need help - addiction is an illness, and very few people can fight that ilness without the help of others.

Best,

Simon

I've never once regretted being a nasty, greedy, cold-hearted, avaricious money-grubber... conservative.

Marijuana = bad major friendship and or relationship breaker. Goes against my straight edge lifestyle.

But if you wanna destroy your life have at it. I just want no part in it.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Marijuana = bad major friendship and or relationship breaker. Goes against my straight edge lifestyle.

mary jay does not destroy your life if anything it inhibits your life.

unless you move onto harder things, but that speaks more to the person then it does to the drug itself.

anything can be addictive to the point it destroys your life(even gaming)

but it doesnt affect everyone the same way

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.

mary jay does not destroy your life if anything it inhibits your life.

unless you move onto harder things, but that speaks more to the person then it does to the drug itself.

anything can be addictive to the point it destroys your life(even gaming)

but it doesnt affect everyone the same way

I agree completely. In my opinion, marijuana can be okay if it's used in moderation and for good reasons, like if you have anxiety issues. It's when you overdo it that it becomes dangerous.

thank you!

and i may say something controversial but that can be said for all drugs, thats why even illegal drugs are still prescribed today!

because they have clinical values, its just the people who abuse it that ruin it for the people it can help

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.

thank you!

and i may say something controversial but that can be said for all drugs, thats why even illegal drugs are still prescribed today!

because they have clinical values, its just the people who abuse it that ruin it for the people it can help

Yeah, for sure. Hell, Morphine is just as addictive as cocaine and hospitals still give it to patients for pain relief.

and yet the people that dont abuse it are helped by it

and yet the people that dont abuse it are helped by it

Unless they're riding a train or bus driven by someone who is abusing it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.