Marijuana

Sign in to follow this  

How many of those are naturally in tobacco, and how many were added once the companies got ahold of it?

Incidentally, somewhere there's a list of the 400 chemicals in marijuana, including hydrogen CYANIDE, but I was supposed to be asleep 2 hours ago, so find it yourself. ;)

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

None of those are naturally in tobacco. All are ADDITIVES.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

A new and most complex and accurate study yet, which was started 20 years ago with volunteers sums up marijuana and it's IQ/memory related effects like this. If you strat smoking marijuana before you are 18 and your brain is not developed yet, "heavily" (at least every day I guess) the study showed that on average people tend to lose 8 IQ points after 20 years and have some short term memory problems when relatives where asked. If you smoke Marijuana after you are 18 "heavily" no permanent effects on brain were noted.

So that's that. I imagine if you smoke marijuana "ligtly" before you are 18 you won't lose any significant amount of IQ or memory.

Now there is also physical damage which would be similar to yet somewhat lighter then Smoking in most categories.

I'm not even going to argue whether to legalize it or not, because I won't prove the opposing side wrong, as drugs is one of those topics that people are just against or for from the beggining and very rarely they change sides. I'm just here with the facts, you decide.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Alcohol and sugar are stronger than marijuana and ARE LEGAL!!!! YEEEEHAAA!!!!!!!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Incidentally, somewhere there's a list of the 400 chemicals in marijuana, including hydrogen CYANIDE

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this part...

From Wiki...

HCN is obtainable from fruits that have a pit, such as cherries, apricots, apples, and bitter almonds, from which almond oil and flavoring are made. Many of these pits contain small amounts of cyanohydrins such as mandelonitrile and amygdalin, which slowly release hydrogen cyanide.[12][13] One hundred grams of crushed apple seeds can yield about 10 mg of HCN.[citation needed] Some millipedes release hydrogen cyanide as a defense mechanism,[14] as do certain insects, such as some burnet moths. Hydrogen cyanide is contained in the exhaust of vehicles, in tobacco and wood smoke, and in smoke from burning nitrogen-containing plastics. So-called "bitter" roots of the cassava plant may contain up to 1 gram of HCN per kilogram.[15][16]
Hydrogen cyanide has been discussed as a precursor to amino acids and nucleic acids. For example, HCN is proposed to have played a part in the origin of life.[17] Although the relationship of these chemical reactions to the origin of life theory remains speculative, studies in this area have led to discoveries of new pathways to organic compounds derived from the condensation of HCN.

Doesn't look like it's that big of a thing to be able to get cyanide out of it...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Lol Doom Shepherd using a variation of the famous Dihydrogen monoxide hoax ;)...

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I live in Colorado and marijuana is technically legal here (not legal but not quite illegal)(federal cops can bust you for it but state and local cannot) and I see it flipping everywhere. More students at my school smoke weed than cigarettes. About half get it from dispensarys and half get it in the school parking lot during class. I literally look out the window during my stat class, see a car pull up, 10 or so people walk up to it things are exchanged and people head back to class. In class someone always walks in 10 minutes late smelling so badly of weed my eyes water. and the tobacco problem is nothing compared. I see what it does and I just have to say that unless you have a reason for it you shouldn't be taking it (not on a supervisory level but a personal level). I still believe in legalizing it and controlling it because if this was legal it would be harder to get at. and yes weed can be a food additive, but I don't know a single case at my school where they don't smoke it.

What your not crazy too?

Alcohol and sugar are stronger than marijuana and ARE LEGAL!!!! YEEEEHAAA!!!!!!!

Also cigarettes, chocolate, coffe. But marijuana is shit.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I smoke it with friends, it's perfectly fine. Of course if I wanted to take it in the most healthy way possible I could eat or vape it but I prefer the flavour of a ice cold bong hit. I'm all for legalization although that opens me up to the "you just want it legalized so you can smoke it" argument.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the harms of criminalization. Legalizing weed (and other drugs) would strongly weaken the black market, those jackasses who sell brown shit to 12 year old kids (not to mention they rip them off but they kind of deserve it), fool hundreds into crossing the border with drugs on them (resulting in prison or muder) and drug related violence in cities like Tijuana (a very clear example to all of us) and many, many others. The Dutch government even had to close prisons when weed was legalized, imagine how many of those stupidly spent resources could have gone to better causes.

If auto-consumption was also promoted people would have clean and organic pot if they'd chose it. No government-capitalist-conspiracy additives or really shady origins in your joint. People would have even better alternatives to traditional medecine.. I think the good side of legalization may be way bigger than the bad one if people were educated about the drug and didn't necessarily go buy "marlboro greens" when it gets legal.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.