Accursed Farms North Meetup

North

This meetup is coming up soon and I finally have all the information finalized. Here's the itinerary:

Date: July 22nd

Location: King's Dominion - Doswell, Virginia (near Richmond)

9:00am - 10:45am

Meet at Denny's Restaurant which is right next to King's Dominion.

Link to google maps.

I'll either be having breakfast or else be outside in the parking lot. T-shirts will be sold outside. If you don't want to pay for the amusement park ticket, here's your chance to meet up for free.

11:00 - 11:30

Arrive at King's Dominion, meet at the plaza area (near a flagpole?) in front of the gates. Here's a picture from google maps:

KDmeetup.jpg

If traffic is really bad, this time might get pushed back some.

WARNING: There is a $12 parking fee inside King's Dominion. You might want to try to park somewhere else and carpool with people.

11:30am - 2:00

Enter King's Dominion, go on rides. If you still need a ticket, here's the info to get a discount on it if you buy one online:

Price: $39 for July 22nd if you click on this link and follow these instructions:

Username: KDVAFUN04

Password: KDVAFUN04

Then buy the "multi-day" ticket (not what you think) for $33.99. They'll still add a BS $5 "processing" fee.

2:00 - 2:30

Meet at the Eiffel Tower structure in case more latercomers arrive or people get lost

5:00 - 5:30

Meet again at the Eiffel Tower structure.

5:30 - ?

More King's Dominion

- - -

I don't really have much in the way of plans aside from going to the amusement park, this whole thing will be pretty informal. I figure I'll just talk to people, you can ask questions, meet Craig Mengel and Fred Meixell in addition to myself. I can sign stuff if you want, if nobody has any ideas what to do I'll just make up stuff to talk about. I'm really not sure what to expect at this meetup. My guess is it will be something like this:

- - -

HOW TO FIND ME

Arriving late? No problem! I'll be wearing a bright lime green t-shirt like this:

2000_Lime.jpg

Also I should say to the dismay of many of you, I no longer look like Gordon Freeman. Unlike earlier photos, nowadays I look more like a backup Musketeer or something, judge for yourself:

Ross2012.jpg

If I look like I've only had 4 hours of sleep in this picture, that's because I have. And yes, the people with chainsaws behind me were doing their work the same time I was trying to record a lot of the dialogue for the last episode.

Anyway, if you arrive late, you'll just have to hunt me down at the park, like a real-world "Where's Waldo" book. I'll try and remain pretty visible and plan to be at the park all day. If you're colorblind, you should probably arrive on time.

Hope this works out!

If an epilepsy inducing shirt isn't enough for anyone, i'm sure you could just talk really loud. If that doesn't tell people you're you, then you could be that psycho firing flare guns at people ahead of you in lines...

My god, that was 4 years ago. Where does the time go?

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

love the Serious Sam shirt Ross.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Also I should say to the dismay of many of you, I no longer look like Gordon Freeman. Unlike earlier photos, nowadays I look more like a backup Musketeer or something

I dunno. Maybe after Gordon Freeman is all tripped out on peyote or something, I could imagine him coming into the test chamber looking like that. Just need the glasses and you'll be all set. :lol:

I hope everyone has a great time at Kings Dominion. I've actually been there many times myself but, in 2003, I moved to Seattle so I haven't been back since. :cry:

We need a PacNW meetup! Go to the Space Needle. Bang on the door at Valve for Episode 3 or Half-Life 3. It'd be great. :)

I've got a lot of respect for that man now after seeing that photo. Wish I could make it but I'm across the pond.

Ross2012.jpg

Handsome as usuall :D

Ross can't be a spoiler in any way! But I hid the photo. ;d

Lately I get impression there are only two ladies in the whole accursedfarms community! :roll: Which is good ;)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Ross, you look really scary. You would make a great real life Gordon Freeman (the psychopath version) :)

Too bad I'm on the bloody old continent.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

Ross, you look really scary. You would make a great real life Gordon Freeman (the psychopath version) :)

I think he looks just fine.

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

I think he looks just fine.

He looks great! :D

But... but that was a compliment. If I would say that he looks like a normal average-looking guy... that would be an insult.

But... but that was a compliment. If I would say that he looks like a normal average-looking guy... that would be an insult.

I wasn't sure... But if someone is scary, that means something negative for me. What do you mean by scary?

And it's a question without any irony or anything. I'm just curious :D

That... I could imagine him as an axe murderer or an serial killer with a really twisted mind.

A strange compliment, I know, but I am a strange person.

Will swag be on sale in the Kings Dominion lot at 11, or just at the Denny's? Wondering if I can sleep in...

Oh hey, the meetup is tomorrow. How about that.

lol send pics

You should remedy that situation by being here. Then there's no need to live vicariously through the pictures of others!

Remember, "vicarious" is awfully close to "precarious," and that definitely means something.

I can't wait to see the pictures! I hope people will post them today with their iPhones or sth :D