Accursed Farms North Meetup

Soooo...how went the meetup?

It was a really cool time. Met Ross and Craig, some of Ross's friends, and several other fans that showed up in the morning. Got some T-Shirts (not perfect, but unique!) and some signed prints (I love these). Heard some really interesting back stories and other tales. I split off early at the park to go on rides with my daughter, but made the 2pm re-meet briefly, and a few new faces were there. There was a group photo at the beginning, and probably others later that I missed. I have a few pictures on my camera, I need to fish out the SD card, I'll try and upload a few later.

Would recommend anyone on the fence about the South meetup, GO! And buy stuff. Even with my growing DVD collection, Netflix, and cable, I still find myself coming back to Accursed Farms productions maybe once a week, I just never get tired of it. So I'm happy to support AF by buying stuff, if that makes any difference. I got the sense from Ross that it really is about the art (story, characters) and quality of production for him, but hey, making a few extra bucks on merchandise can't hurt.

Great that it went well! What would you estimate the attendance was?

Yeah I'm really curious how many of over a thousand of people showed up there :D I was imagining 300 people trying to enter the restaurant or having a picture with Ross, all in the sam time :)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

That... I could imagine him as an axe murderer or an serial killer with a really twisted mind.

A strange compliment, I know, but I am a strange person.

Sorry for doubleposting but I have to reply to this one!

so, you'd be surprised or maybe not, what kind of faces Ross can do. You could get scared as hell ;)

And going back to the topic, pls people, send pictures :D

Where is EVERYBODY???????

Welcome to the forums, Jamie, and I'm glad to hear you had such a great time. I'd be interested in the photos whenever you can get them up!

Welcome to the forums, Jamie, and I'm glad to hear you had such a great time. I'd be interested in the photos whenever you can get them up!

Thx, ISCG. I never know what to expect in forums, people can be weird. But here I am, so does that make me weird? ;)

ChuckThe2nd, I think the 95% figure more accurately represents people who indicated they were going to show up, but didn't. I could count the morning turnout on my fingers and toes, including Ross and his friends.

I was hoping to see some posts from the others, to get a feel for whether they were Ok with having their pictures posted, but hey, it was a public meetup, after all. I only took a few pictures, will post 1 or 2 of the better ones. Unfortunately, due to abysmal 3G internet here in central PA (taking the long way home), even those pictures might have to wait, sorry.

Thx, ISCG. I never know what to expect in forums, people can be weird. But here I am, so does that make me weird? ;)

ChuckThe2nd, I think the 95% figure more accurately represents people who indicated they were going to show up, but didn't. I could count the morning turnout on my fingers and toes, including Ross and his friends.

I was hoping to see some posts from the others, to get a feel for whether they were Ok with having their pictures posted, but hey, it was a public meetup, after all. I only took a few pictures, will post 1 or 2 of the better ones. Unfortunately, due to abysmal 3G internet here in central PA (taking the long way home), even those pictures might have to wait, sorry.

Pictures would be lovely. I don't think there's any problem in that.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Soooo...how went the meetup?

Finally have a chance to hit a computer, especially nice after the abysmal Internet speed at the park.

The meet-up was really fun. It was extremely informal, but that was nice. For the most part, it was just hanging out and hitting the rides. It was cool getting to talk to Ross about how he makes his videos, even if a decent bit, or rather basically all of it, went over my head. Also, Craig (Dave from CP), Evan (the merchandiser), and "DaveD" (seems to have his hand in every aspect of the site, including putting together the forums) were there, so we got an interesting breadth of view into how AF comes together.

All in all, I think it was about 12 people that showed up that weren't there because Ross asked them to be. Not a large turnout, but not bad for a first time.

If anyone does have the chance to make it to the North Carolina one, I definitely recommend it. Hopefully there will be more in the future that people can make it to as well.

Good afternoon everyone!

The big fellow in the Freemans Mind shirt here, just stopping by to say the meetup was amazing. Ross stuck with the crowd the entire time and great fun was had by all. Afterwords we even crashed at Dennys where we overwhelmed the single remaining waitress and caroused there until well after midnight.

We stayed until final call, and had a ride on every roller coaster there. This included several insane ones, including the Tower of Death Drop, which Ross described as "giving him a direct and clear sense of his impending death."

Folks seemed to like the posters and shirts a lot, later I'll try to get some posts of the shirts online so you, the internet viewer, can comment on them. Please note they were made by hand after the shirt printing machine caught on fire. There is an extensive story there. We're going to try to get a store up soon.

Thanks again to everyone who came, more pictures to come soon!

PS Also the Kings Dominion Dinosaur Adventure was.. well lets just say I'm pretty sure its not worth 5 dollars.

Inlining the images blew up the page width, which is just rude, so I'll post links and you can click to view.

"Mike and Dave, behind the masks"

http://66.228.32.219/dl2/mikeanddave.jpg

Ross sharing tales of movie production with some fans:

http://66.228.32.219/dl2/afnorth.jpg

That's my kid on the right (clearly a fan of the Internet).

And I believe that's a velociraptor in the background.

Dear God, that second picture. I look awful. Of course, I do anyway, but damn. Glad you took pictures, though. I definitely should have brought a camera or something.

Inlining the images blew up the page width, which is just rude, so I'll post links and you can click to view.

"Mike and Dave, behind the masks"

http://66.228.32.219/dl2/mikeanddave.jpg

Ross sharing tales of movie production with some fans:

http://66.228.32.219/dl2/afnorth.jpg

That's my kid on the right (clearly a fan of the Internet).

And I believe that's a velociraptor in the background.

Dear God, that second picture. I look awful. Of course, I do anyway, but damn. Glad you took pictures, though. I definitely should have brought a camera or something.

I don't see anyone looking awful in the second picture :D

Well, the Velociraptor doesn't look very photogenic.

But he's a fan too! :lol: