Website issues and improvements.

I use mozilla Firefox on a 1920x1080 screen and the forums span my entire screen. That's not really a bug, and fortunately most people don't make lines 20 inches long, but it's kind of annoying to have to read such a long way from left to right... Is there any way you could make give the forums a fixed, say 1024 pixels broad at most?

What!? I hate it when forums squash everything in to the middle of my screen, I love the fact that the forum scales for the size of my monitor!

*plugs laptop into 72inch tv*

Won't adding the ability to use HTML in posts be abused horribly?

Now that you mention it, yes, it is a risk factor.

Haven't ever had any issues with allowing HTML code on any of the forums I've run/moderated/been a member of...

I use mozilla Firefox on a 1920x1080 screen and the forums span my entire screen. That's not really a bug, and fortunately most people don't make lines 20 inches long, but it's kind of annoying to have to read such a long way from left to right... Is there any way you could make give the forums a fixed, say 1024 pixels broad at most? Thanks a lot for your hard work on the forums by the way, it is appreciated : )

That's more of an aesthetic thing and it's a matter of taste. I doubt most people are as bothered by it.

I'm running on a 1366 x 768 screen, and when someone posts a pic that's too wide, it's really annoying to have to scroll side to side just to read the posts...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Won't adding the ability to use HTML in posts be abused horribly?

Now that you mention it, yes, it is a risk factor.

Haven't ever had any issues with allowing HTML code on any of the forums I've run/moderated/been a member of...

I use mozilla Firefox on a 1920x1080 screen and the forums span my entire screen. That's not really a bug, and fortunately most people don't make lines 20 inches long, but it's kind of annoying to have to read such a long way from left to right... Is there any way you could make give the forums a fixed, say 1024 pixels broad at most? Thanks a lot for your hard work on the forums by the way, it is appreciated : )

That's more of an aesthetic thing and it's a matter of taste. I doubt most people are as bothered by it.

I'm running on a 1366 x 768 screen, and when someone posts a pic that's too wide, it's really annoying to have to scroll side to side just to read the posts...

I second this. very large pictures should be auto resized and viewed at full size by clicking on them

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Can we create groups in the future? like the "Mike's fan club"or some thing like that

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

What about breadcrumbs at the bottom of each page?

EDIT1:

You should probably also deal with those spam registrations. Change the CAPTCHA to Q&A and add a few non-specific questions. But make sure the answers aren't google-able, as most bots can use Google nowadays.

EDIT2:

What about making links open in a new tab?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Q&A is the way to go, or trick math problems. As soon as we put this up on the other forum I visit the spam flood stopped completely.

Examples:

"What is eight times five, if eight is actually three in a disguise?"

"Freeman's X; replace X with the right word."

By the way, I'd still love an option to increase number of posts per page. . .

Is there any way you can move the edit button away from the quote button? I often find myself editing other people's posts by accident.

Can we create groups in the future? like the "Mike's fan club"or some thing like that

I like it. It's a good idea, but maybe later, right

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Q&A is the way to go, or trick math problems. As soon as we put this up on the other forum I visit the spam flood stopped completely.

I found this too was the case on a forum I run.

Examples:

"What is eight times five, if eight is actually three in a disguise?"

"Freeman's X; replace X with the right word."

But you have to make sure it's not too cryptic, for example if English isn't one's mother tongue they may have some trouble understanding a question which is too complicated. But I do love that maths one.

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but possibly allowing file sizes of 30kb up from 16kb for avatars? I had to get creative in photoshop just to knock the files size down the like .03 under the limit for my current. :x

Retired Forum Moderator

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but possibly allowing file sizes of 30kb up from 16kb for avatars? I had to get creative in photoshop just to knock the files size down the like .03 under the limit for my current. :x

I uploaded mine in gif format. The file was not even 7 kb with Local Selective colours.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I uploaded mine in gif format. The file was not even 7 kb with Local Selective colours.

Yup, mine too... 3.17K here.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So... are we experiencing some problems?

Things aren't loading well for you, either, I take it.

The glass is never half empty because I drink out of the carton.

So... are we experiencing some problems?

Things aren't loading well for you, either, I take it.

Same for me.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

back up now. It wasn't us but the whole damn Data Center

This Is A signature That is Working.

Yup, mine too... 3.17K here.

Well, guess I'll convert it over to a gif so I can have it in the full 100x100. Cuz I had to freaking lower jpeg quality to like half and knock the size down to 64x64.

Still would be nice to have a max quality 100x100 jpeg but meh, aesthetics.

Retired Forum Moderator