Website issues and improvements.

This a bit odd. I see, that links are coloured here, but over at soundtrack section they aren't. See my post - it contains both, BBCode, and non-BBCode link, and it appears in the same colour, as other text.

EDIT: no colours for me here too D:

White = visited links,

Orange = non-visited links

What about a News Section?

Surely that would be General News

Yeah but that's for Ross Scott to post info in. I mean a News News section

No prob

Can an admin tell me which version of the search indexer backend is being used? Native or SQL?

I'm guessing it's native, as the search is telling me that pretty much all words are too common to search

To fix that the Common word threshold should be reduced to like 1% (or turned off by typing 0), and the index recreated.

Or change to the sql indexing method, a much better option.

Quick link to search settings

Remember to recreate the index for either method

Maybe the ability to center text/images? like put it between

or something like that.

Or, if you're feeling complicated, let you align it more than just center like [align=left/right/center] or something. Bit of an aesthetics whore when it comes to my signature that's why I suggest it.

Plus it can add flash to important posts/events/whatever when used right.

Retired Forum Moderator

Is there actually a size limit restriction for how big images can be in signatures? I know there's a character limit, but there doesn't seem to be an image size limit...

Only I've seen the odd signature on this forum with rather large images in them.

There is a memory limit if that's what your talking about, 251 mb I believe

Is there actually a size limit restriction for how big images can be in signatures? I know there's a character limit, but there doesn't seem to be an image size limit...

Only I've seen the odd signature on this forum with rather large images in them.

Sorry didn't read your post properly ... I should probably think before I post.

Sorry didn't read your post properly ... I should probably think before I post.

Edit button, Axeldeath...

Anyway, are you saying users can upload attachments of up to 251mb to the forum!?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

are you saying users can upload attachments of up to 251mb to the forum!?

New file hosting site found! lol, JK. I wouldn't really do that to you...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Maybe the ability to center text/images? like put it between
or something like that.

Or, if you're feeling complicated, let you align it more than just center like [align=left/right/center] or something. Bit of an aesthetics whore when it comes to my signature that's why I suggest it.

Plus it can add flash to important posts/events/whatever when used right.

To expand on that post, here's the Custom BBcode needed:

BBCode:

[align={IDENTIFIER}]{TEXT}[/align]

HTML:

<div style="text-align: {IDENTIFIER};">{TEXT}</div>

Helpline:

[align=left/center/right/justify]Your Text Here[/align]

EDIT:

Another mod I recommend:

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/reimg_image_resizer/

That will stop the forum becoming stretched when someone posts a large image.

Won't adding the ability to use HTML in posts be abused horribly?

I use mozilla Firefox on a 1920x1080 screen and the forums span my entire screen. That's not really a bug, and fortunately most people don't make lines 20 inches long, but it's kind of annoying to have to read such a long way from left to right... Is there any way you could make give the forums a fixed, say 1024 pixels broad at most? Thanks a lot for your hard work on the forums by the way, it is appreciated : )

Won't adding the ability to use HTML in posts be abused horribly?

There's no risk with the BBCode I suggested, it uses the {IDENTIFIER} tag, which doesn't allow special characters

If there's ever a risk, phpBB will tell you

I use mozilla Firefox on a 1920x1080 screen and the forums span my entire screen. That's not really a bug, and fortunately most people don't make lines 20 inches long, but it's kind of annoying to have to read such a long way from left to right... Is there any way you could make give the forums a fixed, say 1024 pixels broad at most?

What!? I hate it when forums squash everything in to the middle of my screen, I love the fact that the forum scales for the size of my monitor!

I use mozilla Firefox on a 1920x1080 screen and the forums span my entire screen. That's not really a bug, and fortunately most people don't make lines 20 inches long, but it's kind of annoying to have to read such a long way from left to right... Is there any way you could make give the forums a fixed, say 1024 pixels broad at most? Thanks a lot for your hard work on the forums by the way, it is appreciated : )

That's more of an aesthetic thing and it's a matter of taste. I doubt most people are as bothered by it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com