Website issues and improvements.

hm... Alignment bbcode? like [align=center,left,right][/align]?

Only for aesthetic purposes, really....

Retired Forum Moderator

hm... Alignment bbcode? like [align=center,left,right][/align]?

I agree.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

BBcode of the youtube embedding sort?

That can actually cause significant slowdown of the site...

The day that the reputation system is abdicated and replaced by another system that can't be influenced by the majority is the day when this forum becomes about twenty percent cooler.

A spoiler BBcode, maybe? But make it so you can turn any line into a spoiler. not that "SPOILER TAG HERE! Click to open." but more of a tag that if you just put

it can say that, or you can do [spoiler=sup]spoiler text here

so you can have a bold and underlined text(or something) that says "sup" but when you click it, it reveals/hides the text "spoiler text here"

examples:

code: [spoiler=Click to reveal spoiler]This text was being hidden.

Normally looks like:

Click to reveal spoiler

When clicked, it'll look something like:

Click to reveal spoiler

This text was being hidden.

and revert back when you click again.

Or if you just leave it blank,

This text was being hidden.

It'll look something like:

Spoiler. Click to reveal hidden text and reveal "This text was being hidden." when clicked.

There was a forum I was on a while back that had this style, so I know it's possible, and Jexius is a coding god so I'm sure he can figure it out. :P

If you want to get really creative, you can make it so if you put an tag in the [spoiler=]

so it shows an image that when clicked reveals hidden text.

:P

Retired Forum Moderator

is it possible to rig some kind of full customization? like me being able to change the background color of the forum, text color, link colors, etc. and the changes only appearing for my profile?

How about adding spoiler tags? If you've lurked on The Escapist forums, you'll know what I mean. Basically, text imbedded in a spoiler tag will only show in a user's post as a button with some text like, "show spoiler"; when the button is pressed, only then will the imbedded text appear. The main reason for this is to discuss spoilers without hurting other people, but it has other uses e.g. on a joke telling thread, hiding the joke's punchline until the it's ready to be seen by the reader.

is it possible to rig some kind of full customization? like me being able to change the background color of the forum, text color, link colors, etc. and the changes only appearing for my profile?

It's possible. It's actually quite common on most forums.

I've only ever seen the option to select specific preset forum themes in the UCP, not the ability to customize every aspect of how the forum looks.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

You mean a customizable profile page? I'm not sure whether it's do-able or not.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I think he meant the ability to customize the entire forum skin, but only so he sees it differently.

Retired Forum Moderator

There should be a way to link to specific posts. Doesn't every post have its unique URL? I want to be able to reference someone to the first documentation of Archer's Law.

You can link to a specific post. Note the little orange paper icon next to the text 'Posted' at the top-right of your post. That's a direct link to your post. For example, your post's direct link is: viewtopic.php?p=90235#p90235

I think spoiler tags would be a useful thing to have.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Why do i get the sneaking suspicion that this thread isn't getting the attention it needs anymore?

Retired Forum Moderator

Because admin don't check it mebbe.

That would be my guess...

I just added a spoiler bbcode

[align=right]and a alignment bbcode[/align]