Website issues and improvements.

For some reason although the forum rules have their own thread, they also show up on the 'Accursed Farms Related' sub-section, but ONLY that sub-section and none of the others. Is this intended?

I remember adding them there after Ross asked me to, I can't remember if he wanted them everywhere or not.

It's impossible for me to send PMs, halp D:

I wonder if this has any relation to your browser not being able to download attachments on that System Shock forum...could your browser be erroneously redirecting you when you click things like the Submit PM button? What browser are you using? Have you tried a different one?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Just noticed that if you give or take reputation from users who no longer exist, just look at some of the oldests topics at the general news section, you modify the reputation of every user who no longer exist.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Just noticed that if you give or take reputation from users who no longer exist, just look at some of the oldests topics at the general news section, you modify the reputation of every user who no longer exist.

Doesn't really mattrr, but I'll fix that when I get home.

No need to bother about that, i was just saying a curious thing about the forum.

For instance, did you know Ross have 2 forum accounts?

1 we all know, but there is a inactive one (you can find it when he posts an answer on the ancient topics)

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

No need to bother about that, i was just saying a curious thing about the forum.

For instance, did you know Ross have 2 forum accounts?

1 we all know, but there is a inactive one (you can find it when he posts an answer on the ancient topics)

I did know that, but I didn't realise he ever posted with it.

Hey, I know its minor, but can we get it to where hitting the "top" button actually pulls up to the banner at the top instead of just to the top of the thread page? It would certainly save me a little scrolling to get back up to the index page now and then.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Mhmm. I have the exact same setup as Kirkreng (users can contact me by email: yes). I don't see the contact info for me or for Kirkreng. Check this out.

List.png

I also tried sorting by "E-mail", which should show all users that have it on (including me and Kirk) and still nothing.

My request lays forgotten and abandoned 4 pages ago. How sad :(

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

It's possible to abuse the forum view count system by making a thread, then continuously viewing it by navigating back to the sub-forum it's in and clicking on your thread again. I've done it successfully 12 times in a row without fault in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2679

Needless to say, this is farm-able and can be easily exploited to make it seem like a particular thread has more views than it actually has. I'm using Chrome, if that helps.

It's possible to abuse the forum view count system by making a thread, then continuously viewing it by navigating back to the sub-forum it's in and clicking on your thread again. I've done it successfully 12 times in a row without fault in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2679

Needless to say, this is farm-able and can be easily exploited to make it seem like a particular thread has more views than it actually has. I'm using Chrome, if that helps.

It's the same everywhere. I could patch that, but is there really any need? Views don't matter much anyway, and someone would have to have a lot of time on their hands to do that (unless they made a tool, which would be obvious, so we could ban them for that).

It's the same everywhere. I could patch that, but is there really any need? Views don't matter much anyway, and someone would have to have a lot of time on their hands to do that (unless they made a tool, which would be obvious, so we could ban them for that).

I know what I'm programming next... :twisted:

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I imagine we must have a ton of inactive accounts, is there any sort of "cut off" date for inactivity to have the account deleted? Or is that all manual and we just leave them be?

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Inactive accounts take up about 500KB storage space on the server... That's it. Why would there ever be a need to delete the accounts?

Usernames maybe.

If someone wants the username of an account with 0 posts that was registered over a month ago and hasn't signed in since, I'll give them the name. I don't see why there'd be a need to delete the accounts in any other situation.

Too bad we can't have pictures for our sigs... I have some good (tasteful and SFW) sig pics.