Website issues and improvements.

StartSSL? No. They charge $25 for revocation for each certificate - with no wildcard and lots of subdomains, it can get costly. They also charged to revoke when the Heartbleed bug problem was going on. I don't exactly trust their business model and I wouldn't use the certificates on any site I manage.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

$25 only for getting revoked? That's not bad at all.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Charging to revoke the certificate means that people might just risk it and leave their sites potentially unsecure. I'd argue that there's a good case to be made for the root certificate to be removed.

Still, I'd rather have some form of protection against unauthorized site mirroring.

For some reason I doubt that's the biggest security issue that needs to be worried about. Anyways, I don't think having an SSL certificate on this site would help the hapless user who clicks on the wrong link in Google and gets immediately redirected to another site. (I've stumbled on them before when searching for hard-to-find freeware.)

I was supposed to be a website developer. I managed one for some years before giving it up on account of my mental state. Never had a security breach or anything like that, and not because nobody attempted it. Site didn't have SSL. I'd hope I'd remember a thing or two about website security.

Keep things updated, file and directory permissions, htaccess & php.ini, good backups. Other things too, but I don't remember things very well and I'm tired.

Probably won't argue about this anymore. Whether or not this site gets SSL depends on where the admin stands.

A breach isn't anything like a redirect... A redirect basically filters all interaction with a site, through another site. Effect: all usernames and passwords input after hitting that redirect are now in someone else's hands. It's like VPN that you don't know about that harvests your interactions with a site. It can even remain persistent through site changes.

Yes, but that won't block most of the newer redirect hacks.

Sorry if this is considered a 'dead' thread and necroing, but after taking a glance around my control panel I had some ideas to make the forum a bit better.

Ahem,

to begin I think that the forum lacks a certain edge profile-wise. I might be spoiled seeing as to how I come from a forum which has things like an event calendar where members can make events such as gaming events global to all users on the forum, but I kind of wish that the AccursedFarms control panel had an 'about me' section to it where I could put some more information about myself other than interests.

While on the topic of enhancing the profile page, there should probably be a few more choices in accounts the user can link. Such as Twitter accounts, YouTube accounts, but I realize this may sound like trying to just launch a miniature self-promotion advertisement campaign in place of profile pages. I don't know, just makes more sense to include those social media links next to your AOL number, Yahoo Messenger account link, etc.

Actually... That's really all I got so far. Just a few minor enhancements to the profile page. :/

I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶t̶:̶:̶E̶R̶R̶_̶C̶O̶N̶N̶E̶C̶T̶I̶O̶N̶_̶R̶E̶S̶E̶T̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶6̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶i̶c̶ ̶F̶r̶e̶e̶m̶a̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶M̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶E̶p̶i̶s̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶6̶8̶.̶

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7626&start=100

S̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶w̶s̶e̶r̶s̶.̶

Edit: Nevermind, it's working again.

But I do want to mention that I occasionally have the forum log me out between page navigations. It happened a few moments ago and I noticed this a little too late after entering my log on credentials at the board index page, but the security identifier was displayed in the URL. (sid=3f********1edff98ec********ea***).

Any board security concerns from the admins lately?

Edit 2: It happened again after trying to update this post, I was asked to log in again. This time I was directed to an SQL error page:

dvDDjPD.png?1

I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶t̶:̶:̶E̶R̶R̶_̶C̶O̶N̶N̶E̶C̶T̶I̶O̶N̶_̶R̶E̶S̶E̶T̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶6̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶i̶c̶ ̶F̶r̶e̶e̶m̶a̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶M̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶E̶p̶i̶s̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶6̶8̶.̶

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7626&start=100

S̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶w̶s̶e̶r̶s̶.̶

Edit: Nevermind, it's working again.

But I do want to mention that I occasionally have the forum log me out between page navigations. It happened a few moments ago and I noticed this a little too late after entering my log on credentials at the board index page, but the security identifier was displayed in the URL. (sid=3f********1edff98ec********ea***).

Any board security concerns from the admins lately?

Edit 2: It happened again after trying to update this post, I was asked to log in again. This time I was directed to an SQL error page:

dvDDjPD.png?1

That sounds more like an issue with your system than an issue with the site... Try uninstalling and reinstalling your browser, and cleaning your system with CCleaner or something similar.

Also, check and see if your ISP is changing your WAN IP frequently, as that can cause you to 'log out automatically'.

Thank you Mr. Computer Scientist. I'll take your advice and forward it to my server admin.

On an unrelated note, next time I create a bug, I'm gonna lol at my boss, tell him to cry more and tell him it's beta.

TiP.jpg

And i thought i am the only one encountering that problem. I was trying to open the site in my school, only to find the link down. I almost thought the school's internet server blocked AF, thinking it's a game site

Welp, now what?

Hey, uh... I don't know if this is the right topic, but the download links for all movies on the site just redirect me to the front page. Anyone else having this issue?

Ross had to neglect many things while he was finishing Freeman's Mind. This issue will be eventually fixed. :roll:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Unable to change avatar... Just gives a blank white screen when I try. Attempted using Waterfox 36.01, Firefox 37.0, and Chrome 41.0.2272.35 beta-m.

Changing Avatar is apparently a vital asset to the forum community. According to patterns, trends and graphs, I've analysed that without avatar changing, there will be approximately a riot in a week or so if the issue isn't resolved.

X3 I'm joking. Just a minor issue but still an issue. Please fix!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D