Website issues and improvements.

I don't know where to put this exactly, so I'm posting it here.

I think that the rule enforcement here is really, really lax. Now it may be because I've been to forums where rule enforcement is quite strict in comparison, but I've seen people here who should have been banned or at least kicked for some of the things that they've said, past and present, including myself. I think we need more rigid enforcement of the site rather than catering to almost anyone with an opinion, no matter how ridiculous.

Anyone agree, disagree, and why?

I handle what i see, but reporting is a huge help. I can't assume something is offensive unless it directly breaks a rule. "offensive" falls under perception. So if something offends you or if a rule, in your opinion, is being broken, then send a report. Also, Things they've said like what?(please respond via PM to avoid de-railing the thread.)

It's also because this place hasn't had any active moderators for the past like year

the name's riley

I would agree the staff may need a bit of an update. long list of staff and I only ever see Ross, Alyxx, Kyou, and Sinister more than twice a month. :S

Also opinions aren't ban worthy, it's how you choose to talk about them and treat others with varying opinions that determines whether or not you're within the acceptable bounds of the rules.

Retired Forum Moderator

I think that the rule enforcement here is really, really lax. Now it may be because I've been to forums where rule enforcement is quite strict in comparison, but I've seen people here who should have been banned or at least kicked for some of the things that they've said, past and present, including myself. I think we need more rigid enforcement of the site rather than catering to almost anyone with an opinion, no matter how ridiculous.

I haven't been involved with the forums nearly as much as I would prefer to, so it's possible I've missed things. I admit though, I very rarely look at the FFA section however. Feel free to cite concrete examples of posts you think warrant kicking or a ban. I'm sure someone can think of an example, but if somebody is being civil and isn't obviously trolling, I can't think of many opinions that would warrant banning. Again, list everything you can think of. I'm not some enlightened deity that has a master plan with everything. I'm more like a captain steering a ship with a monkey wrench because the wheel fell off and keep running back between the helm and down below to alternate between steering and repairing a hull breach.

I'm also fine with adding more moderators if people think there are good candidates, though I tend to prefer people with a more even temperament for that role.

I'm not some enlightened deity that has a master plan with everything.

But...my shrine! :o

----

Thinking about it, I'm unsure if there's been much ban-worthy stuff happening in FFA. There's certainly been an aura of..disgruntlement lately, with some people getting sufficiently angry to express it. (I was at one point getting ready to unleash some colourful Scottish terms of endearment, but stopped myself) Some comments get close to personal attacks, but mainly it's a heated critique of attitude. We could have done with a Mod to tell us to cut it out.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

If any posts are worthy of moderator attention, PLEASE report them. I browse the forum every day but it's very possible I miss stuff. By reporting, normal users can help us keep track.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

When navigating between pages in a thread, I received this message:

QAzB3T2.png

Worked fine after refreshing page.

Ok, so here's the problem: After getting my new password via e-mail, I tried to change it in my profile settings. Didn't work. Basically, link, which is opened by clicking on "Submit" takes me to an empty, white page. I guess, it is supposed to redirect, but that never happens, and my new password is never saved either. Tried it on Firefox to no avail. Then, on old Opera (v. 12.16) — nope. Then, on IE — same results. Logging out doesn't work either (however, closing the browser does, since it is set to erase everything privacy related on closure). Everything else, including getting new password via "Forgot password" form works. Am I only one, to whom this is happening? If so, how to resolve that issue?

EDIT: Oh, right, profile info isn't changeable either. Looks like for me entire UCP could be not working.

People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Ok, so here's the problem: After getting my new password via e-mail, I tried to change it in my profile settings. Didn't work. Basically, link, which is opened by clicking on "Submit" takes me to an empty, white page. I guess, it is supposed to redirect, but that never happens, and my new password is never saved either. Tried it on Firefox to no avail. Then, on old Opera (v. 12.16) — nope. Then, on IE — same results. Logging out doesn't work either (however, closing the browser does, since it is set to erase everything privacy related on closure). Everything else, including getting new password via "Forgot password" form works. Am I only one, to whom this is happening? If so, how to resolve that issue?

EDIT: Oh, right, profile info isn't changeable either. Looks like for me entire UCP could be not working.

Yep, the UCP is non-functional atm. We're working on a solution.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Is there any way that a notifications bar can be implemented? I find myself using this forum very rarely, even though I'm quite active in my other forums of interest, mainly because I have to go to each and every thread I recall posting in in order to see if someone has replied to me.

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

If it helps... you can see which threads you've posted in by checking if there's a black dot on the thread icon.

\/

topic_read_mine.png

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

If it helps... you can see which threads you've posted in by checking if there's a black dot on the thread icon.

\/

topic_read_mine.png

I know, but that still means I gotta go to each to folder and check for orange marks on threads I've posted in. And then it doesn't tell me if the new stuff bears any relation to my posts so I have to read it all to be sure.

I have to go to each and every thread I recall posting in in order to see if someone has replied to me.

Isn't that just standard forum procedure?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I have to go to each and every thread I recall posting in in order to see if someone has replied to me.

Haven't run across a forum where it isn't...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Haven't run across a forum where it isn't...

Not on any of the ones I use. Most of the ones I'm usually on have a little notification system where it'll send me blips when someone quotes or replies to my comments. I guess this isn't common amongst the older forum softwares, and this one reminds me of the really old vbulletin that WWIIOL used, though I think even that sent me notifications on replies.

Whilst I'm sure it'd be a neat idea to somehow implement a notification systrm, We'd need a good majority of active users to agree with the idea. And... If they do, we still have to sort out the problems that we are having on the site at the moment before adding anything else.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Whilst I'm sure it'd be a neat idea to somehow implement a notification systrm, We'd need a good majority of active users to agree with the idea. And... If they do, we still have to sort out the problems that we are having on the site at the moment before adding anything else.

That's fair enough. I was just throwing something out there that would make me personally use the forum more.