Website issues and improvements.

I actually like this feature a lot. I was saddened by the removal of images a while back. Sort of made the place feel a little empty or incomplete in a way. I've always liked putting art in my signature and seeing it in other people's as well. There's a nostalgic feeling to it.

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet but just to be safe the main forum page doesn't seem to update correctly with new posts.

Edited by Blightmare (see edit history)

Retired Forum Moderator

Well you now have an option to fix that but i'm thinking of bringing one of my images back. I miss the life it gave the place.

Retired Forum Moderator

I wouldn't mind having such an option, but there does not seem to be any way of adding that, sorry.

From what I can tell, this is an actual issue, not not something on my end. Every time I try to send a PM I get the message saying my Inbox is full, and that I should go delete messages. The problem is I only currently have a single PM thread, so there's no way my inbox should be full.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Yuriy Gagarian said:

*Dabs on NATO from low Earth orbit*

Comments seem to be vulnerable to a few tricks.

Edit: It seems AF doesn't like negative epoch time.

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

2 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Unable to report spam anymore.

That's odd. I tried reporting a post as spam on my test account and it worked fine with no problems. Can you provide some more info?

Edited by ekket (see edit history)

Well, it was the one in the Random thread in the FFA section, and it got deleted about an hour afterwards. It just kept saying that my account didn't have permission to report it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have 2 suggestions:

Accursed Farms Discord Server:

I use Discord all the time, and I would love to have a Discord for the community. I find Discord more convenient than forms, and I'm sure others think the same.

Rewards Catalog:

In the Extras section on this site, it would be nice to have a "Rewards Catalog" of sorts where we can view all the rewards Ross has given games on his channel. It should have the picture of the reward, then a list of the videos that have received the reward, which will go to the video if clicked.

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

✖ Images are not allowed      ✔ Images up to 600 x 100 pixels

This is directly from the signature edit page... Is it yes to images, or no to images?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I updated the title of this thread to “Website issues and improvements”, since the forums have been unified for quite some time now.

We also upgraded the version of Invision Community to the latest one. However, this may have caused some unwanted issues. I would like you to report any problems that you do have in this very thread.

On 12/12/2018 at 6:55 PM, roger_duncan_101 said:

Hi there! New site is great, but It lacks one thing that previous version of the site had: the number of people that downloaded the subtitles. It might seem like a little thing, but it's nice to have it for the sake of statistics.

As of this update, that feature has been added!

Can I get to sort the list from oldest released to newest released game (still sticking the "not out" and "early access" at the back of the list)? Right now when I try to change from ASC to DESC or back it resets the sort to "start date".

On second check, ASC and DESC just resets the sort to "start date" no matter what, is this intentional?

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

7 hours ago, kerdios said:

Can I get to sort the list from oldest released to newest released game (still sticking the "not out" and "early access" at the back of the list)? Right now when I try to change from ASC to DESC or back it resets the sort to "start date".

On second check, ASC and DESC just resets the sort to "start date" no matter what, is this intentional?

Not intentional, fixed. EDIT: The problem is more complicated than I thought, will fix ASAP.

EDIT 2: Right, now, a solution would be to refresh the page after selecting a field to sort by, then selecting the sorting direction.

On 12/20/2019 at 4:40 PM, ekket said:

EDIT 2: Right, now, a solution would be to refresh the page after selecting a field to sort by, then selecting the sorting direction.

no, that does nothing (FF on win 7) it feels like there's a preset direction for each sorting category and I'm stuck with it, sometimes when I refresh I see the "ASC"/"DESC" change but the list is still sorted in the direction it was sorted before I refreshed.

P.S. what are hovercards? tooltips?

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

45 minutes ago, kerdios said:

no, that does nothing (FF on win 7) it feels like there's a preset direction for each sorting category and I'm stuck with it, sometimes when I refresh I see the "ASC"/"DESC" change but the list is still sorted in the direction it was sorted before I refreshed.

That is odd. In any case, the refreshing fix I mention should function now. No full fix for the issue yet, I should get that out in a day or two.

P.S. what are hovercards? tooltips?

They're things you see when hovering over usernames. :)