Website issues and improvements.

Edit 2:

And now I found it - under "Account Settings - Signature", which I assumed was only for setting up my OWN signature, there's a slider for showing other people's signatures.

On 10/18/2018 at 10:10 PM, ReverendTed said:

Edit 2:

And now I found it - under "Account Settings - Signature", which I assumed was only for setting up my OWN signature, there's a slider for showing other people's signatures.

This is why signatures are now allowed again.

1. They are restricted.

2. You can ignore people.

I remember that signatures were once a problem, but this should solve it.

I actually like this feature a lot. I was saddened by the removal of images a while back. Sort of made the place feel a little empty or incomplete in a way. I've always liked putting art in my signature and seeing it in other people's as well. There's a nostalgic feeling to it.

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet but just to be safe the main forum page doesn't seem to update correctly with new posts.

Edited by Blightmare

23 hours ago, Blightmare said:

I actually like this feature a lot. I was saddened by the removal of images a while back. Sort of made the place feel a little empty or incomplete in a way. I've always liked putting art in my signature and seeing it in other people's as well. There's a nostalgic feeling to it.

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet but just to be safe the main forum page doesn't seem to update correctly with new posts.

I find signatures to be really tacky, a bit distracting, and some signatures just make the page longer.

I don't think I'll ever use that multi quote system, I always end up clicking on "Quote" anyway. Wish I could set the button to Display: None at least.

Would this work?

Spoiler

.ipsJS_show:first-child {display: none;}

SjPkIOy.png

Edited by RaTcHeT302

Well you now have an option to fix that but i'm thinking of bringing one of my images back. I miss the life it gave the place.

Hi there! New site is great, but It lacks one thing that previous version of the site had: the number of people that downloaded the subtitles. It might seem like a little thing, but it's nice to have it for the sake of statistics.

I wouldn't mind having such an option, but there does not seem to be any way of adding that, sorry.

From what I can tell, this is an actual issue, not not something on my end. Every time I try to send a PM I get the message saying my Inbox is full, and that I should go delete messages. The problem is I only currently have a single PM thread, so there's no way my inbox should be full.

Yuriy Gagarian said:

*Dabs on NATO from low Earth orbit*

Comments seem to be vulnerable to a few tricks.

Edit: It seems AF doesn't like negative epoch time.

Edited by Im_CIA

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Unable to report spam anymore.

That's odd. I tried reporting a post as spam on my test account and it worked fine with no problems. Can you provide some more info?

Edited by ekket

Well, it was the one in the Random thread in the FFA section, and it got deleted about an hour afterwards. It just kept saying that my account didn't have permission to report it.

I have 2 suggestions:

Accursed Farms Discord Server:

I use Discord all the time, and I would love to have a Discord for the community. I find Discord more convenient than forms, and I'm sure others think the same.

Rewards Catalog:

In the Extras section on this site, it would be nice to have a "Rewards Catalog" of sorts where we can view all the rewards Ross has given games on his channel. It should have the picture of the reward, then a list of the videos that have received the reward, which will go to the video if clicked.

Posted (edited)

I think this is the unnofficial forum one?

Here's the unnofficial reddit server. I'm pretty sure it's not official. It's official in the sense that, it's the subreddit's official channel.

You can ignore this part, it's completelly irrelevant to your post, I just wanted to rant about Discord, that's all.

I put it in a spoiler tag so that people can just ignore it, but hey if you want to read my ramblings, that's cool.

Spoiler

I personally wouldn't really use it, seeing as forums have a certain permanence to them, anything you say, will be saved for eternity (guaranteed with the wayback machine bots, they archive most pages on the internet).

Discord is nothing more than a glorified web chat, I don't really feel like there's any place for in depth discussions, you barely have any time to think, and if you do try to hold an actual discussion, people will barage you with messages, until you feel too overwhelmed, which makes it difficult to talk about anything concrete.

He could create one but, I think the subreddit has its own Discord channel with fans in it, I personally don't like it as it sorta splits up the already small community. And Discord is one of those, endless scrolling type apps, if you want to look at the old messages, you either have to hope that they weren't deleted yet, while also wasting your time, scrolling through all the irrelevant chatter.

I honestly like forums more, Discord is a bit of a cesspool to be honest, it gets a bit too clusterfucky for my taste, and most people just sorta waste their time on it daily. With the forums, I just check if there's anything interesting to reply to, but then I just move on. I feel like it's very anti productivity, the forums you can just sorta ignore, you can reply at any time anyway. With Discord, people can just, completelly gloss over something you said, and there's bound to be a lot of repetition, as far as to what people might be talking about. It's not a good place to document much of anything, and it's impossible to archive properly.

It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, while the haystack is being sucked by a giant vortex of death.

It's like an internet toilet, pretty much. Everyone just sorta hangs in there for some reason.

WHERE AM I GOING WITH THESE ANALOGIES???

I'm not a fan of Discord personally, but I posted the links of the servers I'm aware of.

Edited by RaTcHeT302

Posted (edited)

6A2GMnD.png

when you hover over this button in your profile, it pops a little white square in the corner for some reason

cjvJFKh.png

i noticed this by complete accident, it looks like a rogue <button>, or <input>, whatever the tag is for square buttons

Edited by RaTcHeT302

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

✖ Images are not allowed      ✔ Images up to 600 x 100 pixels

This is directly from the signature edit page... Is it yes to images, or no to images?

I updated the title of this thread to “Website issues and improvements”, since the forums have been unified for quite some time now.

We also upgraded the version of Invision Community to the latest one. However, this may have caused some unwanted issues. I would like you to report any problems that you do have in this very thread.