Website issues and improvements.

thanks, It works now with refresh.
I'm sorry if I'm being nitpicky (I feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot), but ross said he didn't want people to be able to sort and have early access first, is it possible to keep the early access/not out at the end of the list no matter in which direction we sort? (I basically wanted to be able to look at old titles first)

Burn the World!

17 minutes ago, kerdios said:

thanks, It works now with refresh.
I'm sorry if I'm being nitpicky (I feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot), but ross said he didn't want people to be able to sort and have early access first, is it possible to keep the early access/not out at the end of the list no matter in which direction we sort? (I basically wanted to be able to look at old titles first)

You can press on the "Search" button with the default year range — that accomplishes the same thing you want.

The edit time restriction has been lifted! Now you should be able to edit your posts, no matter their publishing date. Along with that, we've added a feature to see the edit history of a post (doesn't apply retroactively). If there's something you don't want people to see in the edit history, you can contact us and we'll sort it out.

There is also now a staff directory in the forum index header which should be useful for anyone looking to contact, you guessed it, the staff.

On 1/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, ekket said:

The edit time restriction has been lifted! Now you should be able to edit your posts, no matter their publishing date. Along with that, we've added a feature to see the edit history of a post (doesn't apply retroactively). If there's something you don't want people to see in the edit history, you can contact us and we'll sort it out.

THANK YOU!!!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I've recently implemented lots of stuff, mostly behind the scenes to make the codebase less ugly. Main changes:

• more consistent typography;
  • nicer layout and navigation on mobile, much less of an afterthought;
  • improvements for readability.
Edited by ekket (see edit history)

7 hours ago, ekket said:

I've recently implemented lots of stuff, mostly behind the scenes to make the codebase less ugly. Main changes:

• more consistent typography;
  • nicer layout and navigation on mobile, much less of an afterthought;
  • improvements for readability.

Cool, thanks. :)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Do you know about the issue with pasting images into post causes the image to be added twice?

Burn the World!

13 minutes ago, kerdios said:

Do you know about the issue with pasting images into post causes the image to be added twice?

No, thanks for informing me. I currently wasn't able to trigger it (copied the last image from this page and pasted it with CTRL-V). Could you give me some steps for reproducing that issue (and also the browser you're on, since that may affect it, though that's unlikely)?

Win 7, latest Firefox,

went to the page you linked, right clicked on the image and selected copy,

came back here and did ctrl+v

image.thumb.png.19e96fa3daa073e43211cfc95e6536f0.pngimage.thumb.png.95474a138cf04c8ee70c758ca80e7e2b.png

Double upload
Edit : tried again in safe mode (addons disabled) and it still happens

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

@kerdios Alright, then my guess of it being influenced by the layout engine (Gecko for Firefox) is true; I only tested it on Chromium's engine (via qutebrowser, if anyone cares). I'll do some troubleshooting later to hopefully resolve that issue.

EDIT: I was indeed able to reproduce that issue on the latest Firefox running on Linux as well, forgot to mention that.

Edited by ekket (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, ekket said:

@kerdios Alright, then my guess of it being influenced by the layout engine (Gecko for Firefox) is true; I only tested it on Chromium's engine (via qutebrowser, if anyone cares). I'll do some troubleshooting later to hopefully resolve that issue.

EDIT: I was indeed able to reproduce that issue on the latest Firefox running on Linux as well, forgot to mention that.

Thank you :)

Burn the World!

Is there any way to get a notification when ross adds a rating and/or a note to a game in the list?

Burn the World!

On 1/20/2021 at 8:19 PM, Xrott said:

For a while now, the RSS-feed has been broken and only returns status "301 Moved Permanently" and "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" which is without a doubt caused by Cloudflare's DDoS protection.

Please look into maybe making an exception for the feed URL (https://www.accursedfarms.com/rss/3-accursed-farms.xml/) or something.

This is exactly what I just came here to report.  I completely missed this months' video (a week weeks ago now :| ).It turns out my feed reader was hiding failed feed fetches (my fault, I wrote the reader myself).

I can't fix this problem because cloudfare wants javascript and captchas to even view that feed.  I don't think _any_ feedreaders will be getting through the current setup, making the RSS feed effectively useless for the time being. 

Edited by Veyrdite (see edit history)

Is the name change feature broken ATM? I can't seem to be able to change my display name.

the name's riley

On 7/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, Annie said:

Is the name change feature broken ATM? I can't seem to be able to change my display name.

Not that I know of, I need to look into it this weekend.

On 1/21/2021 at 4:58 AM, Veyrdite said:

This is exactly what I just came here to report.  I completely missed this months' video (a week weeks ago now :| ).It turns out my feed reader was hiding failed feed fetches (my fault, I wrote the reader myself).

I can't fix this problem because cloudfare wants javascript and captchas to even view that feed.  I don't think _any_ feedreaders will be getting through the current setup, making the RSS feed effectively useless for the time being. 

We've been hearing that, we're still looking for a solution and we're up for suggestions. I can't make an exception for RSS feeds because that opens the site to an attack. I've disabled attack-mode but it still seems to have this behavior.

On the website's homepage and on individual post pages there's a section in the top right, below the social media icons, where it says: 

'February 7th: Videochat with fans'.

I guess this section is meant to be space for a short message where Ross or an administrator states what event is coming up next, but it's out of date as it's August right now. Has this section been abandoned / forgotten about?

Edited by Fife (see edit history)

On 8/3/2021 at 7:18 AM, Fife said:

On the website's homepage and on individual post pages there's a section in the top right, below the social media icons, where it says: 

'February 7th: Videochat with fans'.

I guess this section is meant to be space for a short message where Ross or an administrator states what event is coming up next, but it's out of date as it's August right now. Has this section been abandoned / forgotten about?

i was actually wondering about this the other day, i think if you have at least 2-3 hours to spare it'd be a good idea to ask ross about it in the coming chat session when he starts taking live questions since that's guaranteed to get his attention

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?