Status update

Sign in to follow this  

Well I've been getting a few requests for an update, so here's what's going on. I didn't make the contest deadline, I ran into too many delays. I'm still working every day on getting the next episode out, but it's just much more involving in terms of what I'm doing. Without spoiling anything, here was my original plan for the next two episodes:

-Episode 4: Should completely rock, I won't be able to top this one for a long time
-Episode 5: Still pretty damn cool (I think)

That's changed since then, since I've mainly been developing episode 5, so that will be the new episode 4. As for the original (confused yet?) episode 4 idea, I still plan to do it, but I'm thinking about postponing it, just because it's going to take forever and a day to animate. I have no shortage of episode ideas, so I may work on something I can produce a little faster first. On top of this, I've been approached by a couple people about different projects that sound promising (I won't reveal who, they're all hush-hush), so that may steal more of my time away.

On top of this, I'm going to be moving soon, which means I'll have to start job-hunting again so I can hopefully find something better than flipping burgers. So, I'm going to be pretty busy, but getting the next episode out is still my top priority outside of reality. I have NOT stopped working on it, and will finish it as soon as I can, even if that may be another couple weeks. If you really want these things to come out faster, try and harass somebody you know who really understands Source (the engine for Half-Life 2) so I can get some help with the animating. Again, thanks for watching!

ooh. I'm intrigued by all these goings-on.

Wicked, thanks for the update, I can't wait for the new eps.

hey, to make things faster you could film some scenes with people, and not in that hammer thing, as CP's don't have mouths. or you could go on face punch or PHW and get help.

I could, but unless you know otherwise, all machinima I've seen using that method has a very twitchy style to it. My stuff is far from perfect, but I think doing that would break immersion considerably since I have lots of subtle animations to try and make it seem more natural (head movement without turning, head bobbing to try and match speech, subtle gestures like arm folding occuring and blended at the right time to try and add emphasis). While it would make things go faster, I've kind of dug myself into a hole in that I don't want to reduce the quality of the series.

I am happy to hear that you have not given up your great work and that I have added you in my Netvibes.

Still remember the first time laughing about "I am a Ninja!". Just great!

Yeah, I love the full scripted movement instead of bobbling around a head with the physics gun. You are an actual animator.

For a filler if it seems it will take forever to release a new ep you could always just release an MST3K style review of other machinima's or youtube vids or anything as long as it is in character. Just a couple of lines of dialog between Mike and Dave with no animation needed.

Keep up the good work i cant wait for the new videos.

Dude, no worry about the wait. I'd rather wait for a good ep than a half ass attempt.

Good luck on the job hunt.

well i have my own website trying my hardest to make it look good and make a good template but i need something that will hook people in if you would like i can make a page for your videos ill understand if you say no i know my website right now doesnt look so good but once i get everything going it will be amazing

if your intrested email me or leave a comment at my blog!

Well no worries, the next episode is going to be top-quality (as much as I can wrangle out of the HL2 engine anyway). Also I think it's going to be much more impressive than the others content-wise as well.

moinkman: I'm kind of confused about what you're doing, but both you and I should probably wait until we have something more to show. As some famous Naval dude once said "I have not yet begun to fight", which is my attitude about CP right now, it has the potential to be a LOT better.

Stormtrooper: Man that must have taken a while, the effects looked flawless, very cool. Whether Lucas screws up Star Wars or not, lightsabers rule regardless. All in all though, I have to say I'm still pretty fond of Freddy v. Jason 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPd0IAlo8iI

I can't wait for episode 4! If you need help, I have a pretty good understanding of the hammer editor and I am working on a machinima series myself (although it isn't nearly as complicated). I have messed around with Face Poser, and it doesn't seem too terribly hard to learn.

If you are really desperate for help, drop me an e-mail at [email protected]. I can help with anything from script writing to the final render or even file hosting. Anything I don't know I can learn fairly quickly if needed to. Good luck!

good luck with finding new work

Freddy vs. Jason 2 was hilarious! Thanks for the link.

Soon? Soon? Soon? Soon?

Episode 4 sauce?

Still here man. Still link to you. Have the banner still up.

I am as loyal to you as a scary boy scout leader is to the boy scouts... minus the pedophile behavior.

Take care man and good luck and all that jazz.