Status update

Sign in to follow this  

Well I've moved and I have a less-than-minimum-wage job which will buy me some time anyway.

I'm working constantly on Episode 4 now. I know it's not what you want to hear, but all this delaying is only going to translate to a really awesome looking episode. There's a lot more mapwork involved in this one than any of the others, so that's actually slowed me down this time more than the animation for a change.

I have a friend who could mabye help you...he's a Half-life druggie and I think he may be of some use. I'll ask him sometime and see if he can contact you or something.

I dunno. He may have no idea how to help you for all I know. xD Keep up the good work, by the way. I showed my dad the third episode, and it literally made him cry laughing. I'm not kidding. You're a genius.

do u have a date yet on the next episodes im dyin' here lol

shmiko: Thanks for letting me know, I'm more impressed when it entertains an older audience since that's not really the videogame demographic in general

mike: Well, I'm TRYING to get it done for another contest by June 15th, but I need to finish the footage about a week before then so I can kick it back to my composers so they have time to score it, so I'm scrambling right now. It's looking great so far!

it is now may 31, can we please have another update?

im new here... Love your works...

especially Friday...

it has been a month since last update..

Update now please...

The next update will be the movie itself, if you want to know how things are going, just look at my previous comment.

Good to know you're still going! Keep it quality!

keep going. i laughed my ass of. Take the time you need! If you need anything like rendering power or somethin contact me.

Comon, we've been waiting ages, release a new episode!!!!

Believe me man, I'm trying. I'm frustrated more than anyone I can't get these things out faster since I have a ton of ideas. I'm averaging about 4-8 hours a day working on the episode, there's just a lot involved.

While I have had some help on this one, overall it's been very unreliable and in some instances has actually cost me time. I'm still doing over 90% of the work, and I can only make this so fast.

don't let them hurry you.
i know first hand how much work this stuff can be.
i am with you!

Nice machinima, if not the best I've seen in any game so far. My favorite episode so far would have to be Shadow of a Doubt, i still find that negative singing hilarious.

Anyways, the comedy is very good in all of these so far, with sorta making fun of the Half-Life series. Curious, in the future, would we see some Episode One action? Like Mike and Dave charged with hunting down Alyx and Gordon as they plan to escape City 17? Or possibly Ep 2 and Portal?

I also thought about how funny it'd be for the two CPs to encounter Barney, as he is a 'false' Civil Protection officer. Or perhaps they'd sight the G-Man and go on and on about how he disappeared outta thin air and such.

Well, anyways, a question: While we wait for updates between episodes, would it be possible to give little previews or overviews of what to look forward to?

And is it possible to have a full length episode in the future? (I.E., have one last a half hour or twenty minutes like an actual television show?)

Keep the series going, the show is really great!

jacen: Well there's only so much I can do to rush it anyway, it feels like I'm building a dam or something. I just didn't want people to think I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs here since that's not the case at all (I'm waiting on a map to compile even as I type this).

Calix: Hard to say, I haven't played Ep. 1 yet, although I already do have a script in mind for the portal gun that I hope to make eventually. I'll probably keep it mostly in HL2 since there's more for the CP guys to do there. Also, I can jump around in time; just because one episode is numbered after another, it doesn't necessarily means it takes place chronologically after another one. Don't worry, though, I have NO shortage of ideas, I'll try and cover as much of the HL2 world as I can so long as it's entertaining. I could give previews, but I don't like spoiling things for people, that's one reason I don't have particularly revealing title pictures. I could make a long episode, but I don't see much advantage in it at this point. My production rate is terrible and increasing the length would make it even worse. I need to find a more efficient way of producing these, which is my #1 goal after I release Ep. 4.

high five! im doing a script the portal gun too!

Hey Ross. really nice job on these episodes so far. I also showed them to my father and he thought they were pretty funny. I first saw your videos when on Youtube looking for red vs. blue. (flash player is all the wii opera browser will support). Yours are thought to be good enough to be shown related to red vs. blue, and personally I think they are better.

Keep up the good work!!

I would pay to watch this.

You shuld set up a paypal account or something so peopel can pay you

swanshoota: Well I'd be very surprised if you have the same idea for the portal gun that I do

Anonymous dude 1: Thanks, I plan to take my series in a different direction from RvB, so there will probably be less points for comparison as time passes. Episode 4 should show a larger departure from it than the others I think.

Anonymous dude 2: Well, my general attitude is that I don't want to sell out unless I sell out big (meaning I can make a living). The problem right now is still my production rate. If people donate money, then a month or two later, there's still no episode out, then they're going to be upset as opposed to just being frustrated the way it is now. If I accept money for something, I should be able to produce something in return, and right now my production rate isn't anywhere good enough to justify that; hopefully I can remedy this in the future. Oh, and if you think they're good enough to pay for now, Ep. 4 should blow you away.

Anonymous dude 3: Yeah, I wouldn't pay money for this either, but then I'm a cheap bastard.

I just have two quick questions: You said something about Ep. 4 becoming Ep. 5, so which one is the extremely awesome one?

Second, you said something about the next episode, be it four or five, arriving sometime around June 15th? Or was that for a contest, meaning we've gotta wait a few more weeks for it?