So all this debt (national, international, etc)...

Sign in to follow this  

You're saying that you think that taxes need to be increased to cover the government's expenses? Are you stupid, or just ignorant?

The government can easily run on less than half of the current tax rate if it was managed by a halfway competent 3rd grader.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I am neither stupid nor ignorant, but thanks. And you really think that the government is populated by people that are outperformed by halfway competent 3rd graders? I'm not sure why you suddenly launched into insults, to be honest, but I am reminded of why I stayed away from this section for quite a long time.

If you were in charge, what would you cut to make the government run on half the tax revenue?

First, Obamacare. That alone cuts nearly 15% of the budget.

I'm either going to get troll'd or agreed with my opinion on this one.... but remind me, HOW high is the military budget in the U.S? I know, it's a broken record choice, but might be a reason for that.

I'm either going to get troll'd or agreed with my opinion on this one.... but remind me, HOW high is the military budget in the U.S? I know, it's a broken record choice, but might be a reason for that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_of_the_United_States#Budget_breakdown_for_2012

Total of about $700 billion for the armed forces.

Don't know if it's accurate or not, but it looks pretty close if it's not.

Then yeah... don't you think we could cut SOME of that spending? A lot of it to my knowledge is spent on military bases in the middle east, as well as several around the world against threats that aren't there nearly as much nowadays. To give you a somewhat accurate scale... This image is as of '07, but knowing us... this hasn't changed TOO much.

US_military_bases_in_the_world_2007.PNG

700 billion for military spending isn't as much as it seems, but yes it could be cut somewhat. The problem is that there is more than the entire defense budget being spent on Obamacare, and the program is really designed for only two things... Hurting small businesses, and putting us further in debt.

I figure cutting more than 1 trillion dollars off the budget by removing a program that hurts the country takes precedence over cutting a few billion from the military which helps the country.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.