Syria

And there are renewed reports of the use of chemical weapons in this war. Reports indicate that around 300 people died in a major attack. What does it take for Obama to destroy those damn weapons and prevent their use by ANY group?

Are you bringing US politics into this discussion? If you are, there's a better place to discuss US war policy than a thread titled "Syria".

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Are you bringing US politics into this discussion? If you are, there's a better place to discuss US war policy than a thread titled "Syria".

Perhaps I was unintentionally. What thread would US war policy go then?

A new one designed specifically for us foreign policy, or for US politics, or whatever... I don't recommend mixing countries if at all possible. (discussion related only)

Apparently, everybody in the world wants this to continue. UK voted to do nothing, "No war for (made-up paranoid reaon)" posts are all over Facebook.

The US would have no allies in attacking Syria (except France, which might be worse than having no allies).

Still, it would be ironically (and disturbingly darkly) amusing if the guy who got elected campaigning aginst "unilateral war" actually started our first ACTUALLY unilateral war of the 21st century.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Apparently, everybody in the world wants this to continue. UK voted to do nothing, "No war for (made-up paranoid reaon)" posts are all over Facebook.

The US would have no allies in attacking Syria (except France, which might be worse than having no allies).

Still, it would be ironically (and disturbingly darkly) amusing if the guy who got elected campaigning aginst "unilateral war" actually started our first ACTUALLY unilateral war of the 21st century.

Damit, you beat me to it :lol:. So for those who are just tuning in, the US FINALLY decided to do something about Syria using chemical weapons. The problem is what kind of response the US should deliver, with the US government saying that the response should be limited (with cruise missiles attacks and bombing raids), the US public wanting no intervention whatsoever, and the Syrian Opposition groups wanting a larger intervention to topple Assad. The Syrian government warns of a retaliation against the US and Israel if a response is made. It is also of note to list Syria's allies: Hezbollah (an anti Israeli terrorist group), Iran, and Russia.

The Syrian government listing Israel as a retaliation country is nothing, they're already at war... Difference is that the Opposition (for the most part) doesn't really give a shit what goes on outside their country's border, so long as it doesn't negatively affect them. (the current government wants to actively pursue war with Israel, and everything they stand for) The likelihood that the next government (if this one falls) will be a significant change from the current one is remarkably small, but just the possibility that it will change for the better is enough to warrant action.

The Syrian government listing Israel as a retaliation country is nothing, they're already at war... Difference is that the Opposition (for the most part) doesn't really give a shit what goes on outside their country's border, so long as it doesn't negatively affect them. (the current government wants to actively pursue war with Israel, and everything they stand for) The likelihood that the next government (if this one falls) will be a significant change from the current one is remarkably small, but just the possibility that it will change for the better is enough to warrant action.

First, Assad does indeed want to destroy Israel. All the more reason to kill him now.

Second, The next government will probably be concentrated on killing off/deporting the Shias, and as a result will not be very interested in Israel for a while.

So in an attempt to buy Assad time, the Russians proposed a deal where the Syrian government hands over all its chemical weapons to the United Nations.

First, Trying to do what they said is almost impossible in the situation Syria is in now.

Second, This is probably just a desperate attempt to buy time for Assad.

Third, We shouldn't trust the Russians anyway, as they proved themselves to be unreliable in previous attempts to condemn Assad.

Yeah, better trust the US Government - that well known paragon of honesty, trustworthiness and humanity. LOL :lol:

Regards

I personally think I can run any country better than any of our current world leaders, especially since I'd be bringing my friends with.

Yeah, better trust the US Government - that well known paragon of honesty, trustworthiness and humanity. LOL :lol:

Regards

Better than trusting fascists and neo-communists.

True. I would not trust any of that lot. Remind me, where do I find them now? Oh, sorry, I forgot, silly me...

world-according-to-the-united-states-of-america.png

:D

Regards

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

True. I would not trust any of that lot. Remind me, where do I find them now? Oh, sorry, I forgot, silly me...

world-according-to-the-united-states-of-america.png

:D

Regards

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Just spoiler tag it though, we don't need the screen to stretch out for a mile.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

More stellar news guys:http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/2014/06/27/Syrian-rebel-command-sacked-over-graft-allegations-.html

The FSA was destroyed. So much for "moderates". At this rate the moderates will be the Al-Nursa front and al-Qaeda.