Syria

Except the US, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Russia, etc.

No, their leaders fear it, but most of their people do not.

Yes, but they are countries willing to act on the threat, not just sit back and wait to lose millions of lives.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Aright, cities in which the Syrian Army has used sarin gas are:

Damascus

Aleppo

Homs

Reason Obama won't act: "We don't want another war." An oppressive, Neo-Nazi regime exists that has attacked ITS OWN PEOPLE with sarin gas (I'd hate to see what they do to foreigners if they treat their own people like this (they could give their sarin gas to Hezbollah and Iran for extra damage, 'cause that's what we need, right?)) and the reason we will not tear it down like we should and set their leaders on fire for worshipping Hitler is because we don't want a measly few thousand people to die in the process, even though we did that exactly just a few years ago. I'm not the only one who sees the craziness and bullshit, right?

Syria better prepare itself to get completely fucked up by NATO. I doubt the USA will even have boots on the ground for this one, this'll be an all out drone war.

Syria better prepare itself to get completely fucked up by NATO. I doubt the USA will even have boots on the ground for this one, this'll be an all out drone war.

I think the problem with that is that Syria has a good anti-air system, and that most drones are busy in other areas. The main reason I hate drones though, is that it takes away the fun of traditional warfare (human deaths). Aside from that though, NATO has made no move to attack Syria.

I heard in a magazine (Time magazine, I think) that US intervention will worsen he civil war cosiderably, taking examples from Iraq. Their main statement was that a minority (in Iraq Sunnis, in Syria Shiites) will figh like hell even against a force like the U.S. to make sure the majorities don't kill them. So they said U.S. intervention in Syria could drive Assad to use chemical weapons en masse and take much more desperate mesures. Well I guess it's lose lose every time, so I guess we should just isolate them from the world.

Isreal is definately concerned, they are putting troops along their border with Syria and executing covert operations.

I would too if there were toxic chemicals being used on the other side of the border.

Great, Russia is giving more weapons to the Syrian government (most recently their newest fighter jets). Don't they get they're supplying arms to a Nazi-style government!? Do they really want more people to die!? And then Iran and Hezbollah have their troops fighting the rebels too. What the hell is wrong with these people. crazy bastards....

http://news.yahoo.com/teenager-15-executed-islamist-rebels-syria-154751521--abc-news-topstories.html

A teenager selling coffee in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo was arrested by Islamist rebel fighters for insulting the Prophet Mohammed, beaten and then executed in front of his family, a watchdog group claims.

The boy, Mohammed Qatta, 14, reportedly refused to give a customer coffee, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported Sunday.

"Even if [Prophet] Mohammed comes back to life, I won't," the boy said, who was known by his nickname "Salmo."

Extremist rebels driving past in a black car overheard the comment, the opposition Aleppo Media Center said. Qatta was taken away by the fighters and later brought back, his head wrapped with his shirt and his body covered with marks from whipping.

The rebels then read out the boy's sentence - not in a Syrian accent, but in classical Arabic. They accused the boy of blasphemy and told the crowd - which included the boy's parents - that anyone who insulted the Prophet would suffer a similar fate.

Qatta was then shot in the mouth and neck. A graphic photo was released late Sunday of the dead boy clearly showing wounds that matched the reports.

The boy's parents confirmed the accounts in an interview posted online on Monday by the Aleppo Media Center. In it, his father stoically recounted the execution while his mother wailed.

"Why did they kill my son," she cried. "We are not for or against anybody in this conflict, may God take revenge on them."

The Islamists and their group have yet to be identified. Large swathes of rebel-held Aleppo are under the control of al Qaeda-linked rebel groups who have set up Sharia courts and welcomed large numbers of foreign fighters into their ranks. The United States and its allies have struggled with the question of whether to arm an extremely fragmented opposition force whose strongest elements have pledged allegiance to al Qaeda.

Aleppo is expected to become of the focal point of Syria's two-year civil war in the coming days as Syrian forces look to take back full control of Syria's most populous city in a new offensive reportedly dubbed "Northern Storm."

There is no "good" side in the Syrian conflict anymore. Just innocent people caught in between two opposing groups of assholes.

(Kind of an extreme version of politics in the US right now.)

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

http://news.yahoo.com/teenager-15-executed-islamist-rebels-syria-154751521--abc-news-topstories.html

A teenager selling coffee in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo was arrested by Islamist rebel fighters for insulting the Prophet Mohammed, beaten and then executed in front of his family, a watchdog group claims.

The boy, Mohammed Qatta, 14, reportedly refused to give a customer coffee, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported Sunday.

"Even if [Prophet] Mohammed comes back to life, I won't," the boy said, who was known by his nickname "Salmo."

Extremist rebels driving past in a black car overheard the comment, the opposition Aleppo Media Center said. Qatta was taken away by the fighters and later brought back, his head wrapped with his shirt and his body covered with marks from whipping.

The rebels then read out the boy's sentence - not in a Syrian accent, but in classical Arabic. They accused the boy of blasphemy and told the crowd - which included the boy's parents - that anyone who insulted the Prophet would suffer a similar fate.

Qatta was then shot in the mouth and neck. A graphic photo was released late Sunday of the dead boy clearly showing wounds that matched the reports.

The boy's parents confirmed the accounts in an interview posted online on Monday by the Aleppo Media Center. In it, his father stoically recounted the execution while his mother wailed.

"Why did they kill my son," she cried. "We are not for or against anybody in this conflict, may God take revenge on them."

The Islamists and their group have yet to be identified. Large swathes of rebel-held Aleppo are under the control of al Qaeda-linked rebel groups who have set up Sharia courts and welcomed large numbers of foreign fighters into their ranks. The United States and its allies have struggled with the question of whether to arm an extremely fragmented opposition force whose strongest elements have pledged allegiance to al Qaeda.

Aleppo is expected to become of the focal point of Syria's two-year civil war in the coming days as Syrian forces look to take back full control of Syria's most populous city in a new offensive reportedly dubbed "Northern Storm."

There is no "good" side in the Syrian conflict anymore. Just innocent people caught in between two opposing groups of assholes.

(Kind of an extreme version of politics in the US right now.)

Nazis everywhere it seems. Alright, let's give weapons to both of them. the better weapons should kill off more of them faster. This is the craziest thing I have ever seen in the short time I've lived on this Earth. Let's hope once the opposition/government wins a second civil war erupts.

"I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Some people want the US to get involved in this war. Not me, not anymore. Two oppressive sides (which just want to set up their own fascist government) are vying for power. The opposition is joining the ranks of the most notorious terrorist group in history (al-Qaeda) while the government massacres its own people, setting up mass graves, while also using Sarin nerve gas to kill more efficiently. And while everyone wants a cease-fire, they disagree on what the terms should be for that cease-fire, with Russia supporting the Assad regime and the US (barely) supporting the opposition. Americans disagree on what to do, intervene or not intervene? From what I can tell, most people are jumping for joy at the thought of Muslims killing Muslims, even if the killings involve mass executions and heavy civilian casualties, and especially if it means saving American lives. I am for non-intervention, but only because of the fact that the US can't find a suitable way to end the conflict and spread some freedom that people will accept. I am uncaring about American lives though, which is why I hate most non-interventionists, citing "we need to save American lives" instead of saying "we need to save lives". What they fail to realize though, is that not intervening may kill more people than intervening, and here's why:

(Assad wins)

1. Iran will get a new friend.

2. Syria will share chemical weapons with Iran and Hezbollah.

3. Israel gets attacked with chemical weapons.

4. A larger Shia-Sunni war occurs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Opposition wins)

1. al-Qaeda will get chemical weapons.

2. The US gets attacked with chemical weapons.

3. The US and/or NATO attack areas suspected of harboring al-Qaeda.

4. A large war is fought in the Middle East between NATO/US and "Mujahideen".

5. A larger Shia-Sunni war occurs.

(the first two in each of the scenarios are guaranteed)

Now, if the US intervenes in the civil war, they must be careful, as even intervention can lead to terrible consequence (intervention would mean no fly zones and taking away Assad's chemical weapons) such as an increase in chemical weapon use and an increase in ethnic violence (the Si 'ties moving to a different part of the Middle East and causing trouble somewhere else).

So intervene, or don't intervene?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

We shouldn't intervene... We need to save American lives so they can come home and die when and how the US government wants them to... Usually while on welfare.

Really, intervening is the only prudent choice, but not letting either side take power. Turn it into a US territory, and do what we want to with it.

We shouldn't intervene... We need to save American lives so they can come home and die when and how the US government wants them to... Usually while on welfare.

Really, intervening is the only prudent choice, but not letting either side take power. Turn it into a US territory, and do what we want to with it.

The US is terrible at trying to be Imperialist.

We shouldn't intervene... We need to save American lives so they can come home and die when and how the US government wants them to.

And there is the problem. we need to save lives in general by taking away Assad's chemical weapons, and therefore preventing their use by Hezbollah and/or al-Qaeda.

A few American doughboys for a lot of Muslim civilians and Israelis. Sounds like a fair trade.

Still beats being ruled by the English.

Aha, I see now. You are a Scott!

Regards

We shouldn't intervene... We need to save American lives so they can come home and die when and how the US government wants them to.

And there is the problem. we need to save lives in general by taking away Assad's chemical weapons, and therefore preventing their use by Hezbollah and/or al-Qaeda.

A few American doughboys for a lot of Muslim civilians and Israelis. Sounds like a fair trade.

Sarcasm detection fail.

Still beats being ruled by the English.

Aha, I see now. You are a Scott!

Regards

Or Irish...