Accursed Farms South Meetup

South

The next meetup is coming up soon, the details below are pretty similar to the North one:

ITINERARY:

Date: August 4th

9:00am - 10:45

Meet at Shoney's restaurant, which is very close to Carowinds

Link to Google Maps

I'll be inside having breakfast or outside in the parking lot. T-shirts and prints will be available for sale outside (though they'll be for sale all day). We should have higher quality ones this time, including Civil Protection ones. If you don't want to pay for the cost of the amusement park, you can stop by during this time for free.

11:00 - 11:30

Arrive at Carowinds, Meet outside the south gate (not the north one). Here's a picture from google maps:

southgate.jpg

WARNING: There is a $15 parking fee inside Carowinds because they're jackals. You might want to try to park somewhere else and carpool with people.

11:30 – 2:00

Enter Carowinds, go on rides. If you still need a ticket, here’s the info to get a discount on it if you buy one online:

Price: $41 for August 4th if you use this link to purchase tickets. ($36 + $5 BS "processing" fee.)

2:00 - 2:30

Meet at the Carolina Skytower structure (should be the tallest structure in sight) in case more latercomers arrive or people get lost. We'll probably eat after this.

5:00 - 5:30

Meet again at the Carolina Skytower structure.

~10:15pm (as park closes)

Meet outside south gate again.

- - -

Like the last meet, things will be pretty informal. I'll answer questions, sign things, you can stick with me while I go on rides, split off and do your own thing, whatever you want. If you hang around, be prepared to have an answer for what you would do with an island if you were rich enough to buy your own.

HOW TO FIND ME:

I'll be wearing a bright lime green t-shirt to remain as visible as I can. If you come late, you're welcome to track me down "Where's Waldo?" style. Here's a picture of me from the last meetup:

rossmeetup.jpg

Once again, if you're colorblind, you should probably arrive on time. If you don't see me, look for a large man wearing a Freeman's Mind t-shirt, he'll know what to do.

Hope to see more people at the meet!

Looking forward to it!

I'll be there unless something crazy happens to upset my plans.. (e.g. car problems, sink hole, alien invasion...)

Ah, I so wish I could come and shake hands with mind behind "The Mind" but the Atlantic Ocean just won't let me.

Anyway, I hope you do actually find 1300 rabid fans waiting for you on that parking lot on saturday morning.

With that lighting effect... Ross looks a bit like Jesus...

I thought the same thing yesterday :)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Jesus ain't got shit on Ross Scott.

you know it! ;)

Hello? Anyone has pictures? :D

EDIT: http://www.wsoctv.com/videos/news/windseeker-malfunctions-carowinds-riders-stuck-in/vcnyx/

Oh shit! I hope Ross and none of his friends and fans got stuck in there! :shock: That would be an 'adventure' :roll:

If so, is that good or bad for the Accursed Farmers? They probably got to hear Ross yelling like Freeman at the how fucked they are with some physics references thrown in.

EDIT: http://www.wsoctv.com/videos/news/windseeker-malfunctions-carowinds-riders-stuck-in/vcnyx/

Oh shit! I hope Ross and none of his friends and fans got stuck in there! :shock: That would be an 'adventure' :roll:

Hey! The South Meetup was a blast. Ross is an awesome dude, and it was great meeting him and Mr.Anderson :D

Though I probably should've known better than to wear jeans in the NC/SC summer heat. As a great Jedi Master once said: "I got a little cooked, but I'm ok."

We took some fun pictures so hopefully they'll put those up on the site soon!

(oh and none of us went on that ride :P lol)

Hey! The South Meetup was a blast. Ross is an awesome dude, and it was great meeting him and Mr.Anderson :D

Though I probably should've known better than to wear jeans in the NC/SC summer heat. As a great Jedi Master once said: "I got a little cooked, but I'm ok."

We took some fun pictures so hopefully they'll put those up on the site soon!

(oh and none of us went on that ride :P lol)

Thanks for the news :) Nice you had fun and could personally experience that Ross is an awesome dude ;)

(and that none of you went to thet ride :) )

Ironically, it turned out we missed one our fans. He got there a little late, and planned to just meet us at one of the planned gatherings.

Instead he was left suspended in the Gallows-Tree that is Windseeker, screaming from his terror of heights and the relentless grinding of dying gears and cogs, until his parched throat could scream no more. He could only howl at the air in a voiceless terror while the hours stretched by, and he dangled in the stratosphere like some kind of live bait for a beast that thrives on pure fear. Only his personal demons of fear and terror were there to give him solace.

But he got down, had some free soda and one of those cool cups, then got to meet Snoopy and pals. He got a big old hug and everything was ok!