Dungeons & Dragons

Sign in to follow this  

Allright. It would be nice to have a typical (At least well balanced*like this*) team: one big guy, one smart guy, one who can break traps and unlock things, one healer and an archer, or defense fighter. And one elf chick!

I'm okay with fighter/rouge, but I also can create a cleric with alot of healing spells. Um... can I take Aasimar race? or should we keep the basic races?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/charactersheets/

The 3rd edition are at the bottom.

---

Basic information about the game are here: click

I need to find out how the 3rd edition works. I've been playing only the 3.5 and not in the english version, but everything looks very similiar to me.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I don't think theres too many differences between 3rd and 3.5th other then 3.5 made some improvement, for instance in 3rd they forgot to give the ranger ANY class abilities, this was of course rectified in 3.5

oh good i didnt miss much, ill start filling out the character sheet.

btw Dice Roller

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.

First, tell us what setting are we going to play in. By the way, isn't that the dungeon master's problem?

Dice roller, yeah, it's pretty good if you don't have special dice, but well, I may use it as well.

Any way to do the charicter sheat on my phone?

uhh... only in Notes, requaries a lot of writing

Huh? I can upload my character sheet on my DA or tumblr and sent it to you.

But there's one thing that I worry about... well, you never played this game irl, right? Are you sure you can handle the role of the master? It's easier to be a player, I think.

I'll be a player, but I still need to fill out a charicter sheet, right?

Yes. Do you need a help with that?

Edit: Before I start creating any character, we must know those thngs:

-What setting are we going to play on?

-What races are we allowed to use? All, non-basic with lvl mods or only the basic ones?

-What class level are we going to start at?

-Can we add magical items to our characters' invetory?

-How much and what kind of items are we going to have at the start?

-What place takes the start?

-In what way we build the numbers of character's abilities and atributes? by adding the points or by rolling the dice at the begining?

Felix, I could be a master 'cause I know the rules. The only problem is my grammar and language. I'm not sure If I could handle it well.

-What races are we allowed to use? All, non-basic with lvl mods or only the basic ones?

-In what way we build the numbers of character's abilities and atributes? by adding the points or by rolling the dice at the begining?

Felix, I could be a master 'cause I know the rules. The only problem is my grammar and language. I'm not sure If I could handle it well.

---

Ok, if I'd be a master ten I'd recommand:

1. No special setting. As long as the improvised world is good, I'd use the most common Dungeon&Dragons fantasy world. I can make a small map (you guys can make it as well during the game) of the area we will play on.

2. Only the classic races: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD3e:Races (I migh agree on races with level modification +1 but only if you have the monster's handbook).

3. Start at 1st level, or 2nd of the class. I wont agree on multiple classes like rouge1/cleric1 et cetera, only one class per character

4. Not at the begining.

5. Any usefull items +basic weapons and armor.

6. I'd probably start it in a classic way, don't worry, you all wont just woke up with amnesia.

7. Start with all atributes at 8, having 28 points for adding them to every atribute.

Alrighty, so we have who the DM is settled, i would suggest that we do this in a order, for instance:

First the DM says what he needs, then the players move in a set order, that way everyone will get to do things fairly and such, does that sound good?

And should we paste a link to our character sheet here, for instance a link to a scan on DA or a dropboxed PDF?

---

Ok, if I'd be a master ten I'd recommand:

1. No special setting. As long as the improvised world is good, I'd use the most common Dungeon&Dragons fantasy world. I can make a small map (you guys can make it as well during the game) of the area we will play on.

2. Only the classic races: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD3e:Races (I migh agree on races with level modification +1 but only if you have the monster's handbook).

3. Start at 1st level, or 2nd of the class. I wont agree on multiple classes like rouge1/cleric1 et cetera, only one class per character

4. Not at the begining.

5. Any usefull items +basic weapons and armor.

6. I'd probably start it in a classic way, don't worry, you all wont just woke up with amnesia.

7. Start with all atributes at 8, having 28 points for adding them to every atribute.

About number 7, will we have the normal 18 points as max in a stat or would be able to pool all 28 into one stat?