Dungeons & Dragons

Sign in to follow this  

and also are you basing the stat build off DDO? in which case the higher the ability score the more points it cost to raise it again

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.

Thadeus, don't be silly. It would be hard to play a character with +5 to strenght and -2 to every other atribute xD

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

and also are you basing the stat build off DDO? in which case the higher the ability score the more points it cost to raise it again

Yes, but I actually can't remember those rules.... damn

Wow, a lot of posts while I was sleeping, I really have no where to begin. From what I can tell, we're settled on Jek on being the GM, which I'm fine with, I would loved to be GM, but the only criteria I don't fit under is playing this before (IRL). As for the how to play, it' be best if I had links to let's say how the dice roll works, character sheets, etc. Oh and this is all I really know about D&D:

cIA2MhMoQGQ

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

here you go

"Each ability score can be increased by 10. The first 6 has a ratio of 1 build point to 1 stat point. The next 2 will cost 2 build points each and the last 2 will cost 3 build points each. Thus the higher you increase 1 attribute by, the lower will be your other ability scores since it cost most to focus. The focus on ability scores is dependant on how important that ability score is and also how stat heavy the build will be."

so therefore lets say i want to increase str to 18, to do that i would need to spend 16 points of my 28 in order to raise one stat to 18

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.

here you go

"Each ability score can be increased by 10. The first 6 has a ratio of 1 build point to 1 stat point. The next 2 will cost 2 build points each and the last 2 will cost 3 build points each. Thus the higher you increase 1 attribute by, the lower will be your other ability scores since it cost most to focus. The focus on ability scores is dependant on how important that ability score is and also how stat heavy the build will be."

so therefore lets say i want to increase str to 18, to do that i would need to spend 16 points of my 28 in order to raise one stat to 18

I'm okay with that.

You start with all atributes at 9.

---

Wait, Am I suposed to play with guys that never played it in real life before using a language that I still learn?

desk-flip.png

Whatever, challange accepted

---

Ok, if I'd be a master ten I'd recommand:

1. No special setting. As long as the improvised world is good, I'd use the most common Dungeon&Dragons fantasy world. I can make a small map (you guys can make it as well during the game) of the area we will play on.

2. Only the classic races: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD3e:Races (I migh agree on races with level modification +1 but only if you have the monster's handbook).

3. Start at 1st level, or 2nd of the class. I wont agree on multiple classes like rouge1/cleric1 et cetera, only one class per character

4. Not at the begining.

5. Any usefull items +basic weapons and armor.

6. I'd probably start it in a classic way, don't worry, you all wont just woke up with amnesia.

7. Start with all atributes at 8, having 28 points for adding them to every atribute.

stick with what you said before

Allright. It would be great to have a copy of your chracter sheet's. I'm also making a huge file which Iim going to upload and show you. Okay. So...

Start creating your characters. Felix said he will play male elf wizard, ok. I'll take male human cleric, They are both magical team mates so please, don't make anything similiar. However, I've never played as a wizard, and I hardly ever use magical classes, but I'll try to handle it this time. No worries. I may make some language mistakes, 'cause I have all spells only in polish but well... no worries.

ill be working on my character sheet off and on today

I was originally planning to make a half-elf cleric, but since the DM said no more magic users I guess I'll do a different class XD

my_cleric_sheet_by_jekjekroo-d5app4p.png

This is my test sheet I made today. Well, after doing this I'm not sure is it a good idea to be a DM any more.

Usually he don't have to, but he can create his main NPC character that explores the world with the players' team.

Yeah it just creates a lot more work for the DM, since he would have to keep track of the enemies AND his own NPC.

How manny skill points do we have to use? Because I'm trying to use a charicter generater to fill out my charicter sheet and it says that I have 16, is that too much?

non-euclidean fuck machine

If you look at the wiki for your class, it should tell you how many skill points you have, it'll look something like this X+Int mod skill points or something like that I think.

Skill points don't come until much later. You need to decide/discover your int modifier, then you get a certain number of skill points depending on that and your class, plus if you're a human you get extra.

Fuck, I'm going to have to join this aren't I? I don't even remember pulling out my 3rd edition Player's Handbook, it just appeared as soon as I clicked this thread. Also it seems like I'm the only guy here who's played this before IRL, on several occasions as both DM and PC, though I've never had a character go above level 4.

Also, I will be a ranger who specializes in crossbows.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

Skill points don't come until much later. You need to decide/discover your int modifier, then you get a certain number of skill points depending on that and your class, plus if you're a human you get extra.

Fuck, I'm going to have to join this aren't I? I don't even remember pulling out my 3rd edition Player's Handbook, it just appeared as soon as I clicked this thread. Also it seems like I'm the only guy here who's played this before IRL, on several occasions as both DM and PC, though I've never had a character go above level 4.

Also, I will be a ranger who specializes in crossbows.

BE

OUR

GAME

MASTER!

damn i was hoping to play a human necromancer but i guess ill settle with a rouge.....

:(