Rise of the machines

Sign in to follow this  

Fr*ck me! They call it an arm.

2jvLalY6ubc

Facing one like that on a battlefield would probably feel as if HL2 zombies were throwing barrels at you, plus, I'm sure this Big Dog now bites...

Regards

wE3fmFTtP9g

There is no stopping these people...

Regards

P.S. I don't if it's just me, but it looks like it's running backwards all the time. Also - a spectacular fall (and recovery) at 1:15!

The biggest threat to humanity,is that we let robots take over our jobs.I dunno,it's cheaper and more efficient.The moment robots can feel emotions,that's when humanity is going to make it's biggest mistake in history.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This post has been approved by the local psychiatric ward. Play safe!

The biggest threat to humanity,is that we let robots take over our jobs.I dunno,it's cheaper and more efficient.

This I don't see as much of a problem - people were concerned about such things every time there was a technological leap, yet, the societies with more efficient production were able to always sustain higher number of people at higher standards of living than before. There is no reason to think that it might not be the case with robotisation.

The moment robots can feel emotions,that's when humanity is going to make it's biggest mistake in history.

Your idea is unusual in that normally, people are concerned that robots and AI may *not* have emotions and therefore lack empathy to humans. You seem to think that emotional competence in itself will be the problem.

I personally disagree. I think that an AI with emotions will be just yet another form of human.

Regards

Well like every human with emotions they'll want to be treated as one (even tough they're machines).Think about it,if they can critically think,they'll most likely want luxuries that will suit them.On top of that,we have delusional morons who will oppress this idea no mater what.

I'm more in the direction of human enhancement,augmentation if you will.

Well like every human with emotions they'll want to be treated as one (even tough they're machines).

OK, deal.

Think about it,if they can critically think,they'll most likely want luxuries that will suit them.

Fine with me too - but they will have to work for it, just like everybody else. You know, someone has to pay those electricity bills :-)

On top of that,we have delusional morons who will oppress this idea no mater what.

Well, nothing's new in that. This has always been popular among bio-humans, so, no reason to expect that it will be much different when non-bios will arrive...

I'm more in the direction of human enhancement,augmentation if you will.

That will further blur the boundaries between biological humans with and machines, so there will be some kind of convergence in the end, I think...

Regards

Well cool anyways!But this topic is creating images in my head,like how would AI robots and humans live together?

Well cool anyways!But this topic is creating images in my head,like how would AI robots and humans live together?

Go watch Futurama.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'll give it shot,as soon as the exams are over.

I got really sad when they kicked it a few times. I know it was to show it's reaction system and balance mechanism, but man, that sort of potential bullying will cause the War. :'(

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Ah, they come in peace now?

RDZu04v7_hc

As if I believe them! :twisted:

Beware of machines bearing gifts! :D

Regards

So Boston Dynamics has now become SKYNET!!! So we are going to be fucked by the MACHINES THE MACHINES ARE COMING MAN!!!!!!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I know this sounds stupid but... Doesn't EVERYONE want to be a J.C. Denton or Adam Jensen? If it's just me, maybe I just have a natural immaturity that comes from my lack of enjoyment of anything in my life at the moment. Maybe I want my humanity to be ripped away only for me to become some kind of human machination and conclude my story with some sub-plot philosophical monologue about what it means to be human.

Or, y'know, maybe I just have a wild imagination. I will only truly be worried about the current progress of technology if we invent A.I. without considering the "being human / mimicking human behaviour". We need to make A.I. more like us and not think that it has to eradicate humans to survive. Although, ironically enough, we kill each other to survive.

Maybe its because of how much I'm influenced by cyberpunk, but wearables are becoming adopted now and soon implants are going to be common. I think saying that augmenting ourselves with technology would make ourselves less human is silly and is propagated mainly by fiction. Of course, we don't have any concrete proof that implants would make us act strangely. In the same way, we don't have any evidence that AI would act any differently.

Think of it like a wild animal. AI and animals have inherent behaviors that are ingrained into them whether it be by a programmer or genetics. They both can grow and expand and learn over time and they can be domesticated. Right now, animals are starting to gain rights, human rights. Once AI is gets to the point of being lifelike, they'll probably gain human rights too, most likely encouraged by corporations that don't want to be responsible for any end user experiences from their products. Perhaps they will be integrated and live within society and you can take that to whatever Blade Runner scenario you want.

Alternatively machines could be out to get us, but what's the difference between that and a living being? Having no conscience? Being more efficient? But couldn't I just make a machine that will pull the trigger on a gun whenever it detects any motion? It all comes down to the programming and perhaps the real scare is having the ability to create life.

I love talking about this kind of stuff and would like to hear different opinions. Obviously I'm quite biased towards futurism, but hey maybe we have some primitivist advocates here or something.

Maybe its because of how much I'm influenced by cyberpunk, but wearables are becoming adopted now and soon implants are going to be common. I think saying that augmenting ourselves with technology would make ourselves less human is silly and is propagated mainly by fiction. Of course, we don't have any concrete proof that implants would make us act strangely. In the same way, we don't have any evidence that AI would act any differently.

Think of it like a wild animal. AI and animals have inherent behaviors that are ingrained into them whether it be by a programmer or genetics. They both can grow and expand and learn over time and they can be domesticated. Right now, animals are starting to gain rights, human rights. Once AI is gets to the point of being lifelike, they'll probably gain human rights too, most likely encouraged by corporations that don't want to be responsible for any end user experiences from their products. Perhaps they will be integrated and live within society and you can take that to whatever Blade Runner scenario you want.

Alternatively machines could be out to get us, but what's the difference between that and a living being? Having no conscience? Being more efficient? But couldn't I just make a machine that will pull the trigger on a gun whenever it detects any motion? It all comes down to the programming and perhaps the real scare is having the ability to create life.

I love talking about this kind of stuff and would like to hear different opinions. Obviously I'm quite biased towards futurism, but hey maybe we have some primitivist advocates here or something.

I was joking, for the most part. The Deus Ex series (especially Human Revolution) has some legitimate topics in the story and the way it approaches them is amazing. I think the de-humanization comes from the fact that, without our ability to manipulate the world (like all other animals), we would be a biological organism like any other on this planet. Technology is an invention of us manipulation the elements of the world so in a sense it's "unnatural" but it is also very natural because... It's what we do? We have intelligence for a reason? I find it hard to argue because "it is because it isn't". One could argue that manipulation of the word is unnatural but another could argue it's natural because it comes with being an intelligent species. Human Revolution approached the idea that getting biomechanic(I forget the exact word for it) implants is unnatural because you're changing your biological state and diverting it from the path that genetics sets it on, e.g. giving you an implant that lets you jump really high despite you not having genes corresponding to that ability.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.