Sonic bashing

Sign in to follow this  

Sonic bashing

It really pisses me off.

Like, if I feel it was out of blatant ignorance, or for the sake of jumping the bandwagon, or both, I throw up the "impudent digit," and go ghost. I stopped going to this one webcomic, because it did it once. Am I simply being butthurt?

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

Uhh, I may need a little more information to accurately respond to this. What webcomic? Is it called Sonic Bashing? What's it about? The first thing I thought was people complaining about Sonic the Hedgehog. HELP ME I NEED CONTEXT!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I hardly ever come across anyone who complains about the sonic games, really (well, they complain about most recent games, but that's justified), but more so sonic's fan base (objectively one of the worst video game fan bases out there). The sonic fad has died down in recent years, but it used to be horrific.

I even enjoy Sonic R and Sonic Unleashed.

Sonic R was an enjoyable enough game (not the worst, at any rate); the soundtrack was just awful.

Uhh, I may need a little more information to accurately respond to this. What webcomic? Is it called Sonic Bashing? What's it about? The first thing I thought was people complaining about Sonic the Hedgehog. HELP ME I NEED CONTEXT!
It was a video game comic that just mentioned Sonic offhandedly. "herp derp sonic sux giez"

It's kinda hard to explain. Maybe I just hate people who jump on bandwagons.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

But hey, maybe this is good for Sonic himself. He's stayed more or less the same, despite being thoroughly humbled by the fourth wall toppling over on top of him. Now whenever he has an attitude with someone, you KNOW they deserve it.

- Gordon Freeman

I haven't liked his character since the Dreamcast. His games just don't appeal anymore to me. He and his supporting cast all feel really 90s in a bad way, especially when they try to be "edgy" with stunts like Shadow and that "were-hog" ridiculousness. Just make a new 2D platformer with no story to speak of beyond Dr. Robotnik (eggman, seriously?) bad, go stop him by collecting rings!

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I haven't liked his character since the Dreamcast. His games just don't appeal anymore to me. He and his supporting cast all feel really 90s in a bad way, especially when they try to be "edgy" with stunts like Shadow and that "were-hog" ridiculousness. Just make a new 2D platformer with no story to speak of beyond Dr. Robotnik (eggman, seriously?) bad, go stop him by collecting rings!

That's actually why I like the Sonic games. I wouldn't want Sonic games to be like Mario games, which is pretty much what you are asking for. Then I feel Sonic would stagnate quicker than a bowl of syrup. The reason I prefer Sonic over Mario is because Sonic's games are still interesting while Mario is just rehashing everything over and over without adding anything significant. Don't get me wrong, Mario games are fun and all but they just don't feel fresh anymore.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Colors was the best one in a long time. The strive to be light-hearted, ironically, made it come out more mature and genuine.

Also, get the fuck over the man's name.

- Gordon Freeman

Colors was the best one in a long time. The strive to be light-hearted, ironically, made it come out more mature and genuine.

Also, get the fuck over the man's name.

Hey, chill a bit. ;)

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Sorry.

But, yeah. It's been thoroughly proven that this franchise unironically being edgy and 90s-ish isn't working, at least not anymore. Kids today just see right through it. Let's be optimistic, and say that the devs/writers aren't stuck in a time warp, and that the cheesiness is just a part of who Sonic is.

Unless, he's encountering someone even more obnoxious, like Jet, an IGN rep, or to a lesser extent, Amy. Then he gets mean.

- Gordon Freeman

As a man with fond memories of the sonic movies and cartoons (which I cannot truthfully say were good, but I'd prefer to look back at them through my nostalgia goggles), I'm very much attached to the stories that resonated around Sonic. However, the story should really stay out of the games as much as possible.

I only have two reasons and they are good ones:

1. The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog The TV Series! (most commonly known has "Who the f**k did this, Dr Seuss?")

2. Sonic 06

Other than that the character is awesome with Sonic the Hedgehog the TV Series, much better than that other show.

Also Adventures of Sonic was actually good as a game and there is no doubt about that.

I just... I don't even...

I keep hearing everyone and their mothers praising Colors when, when I played it, it was incredibly hard to control and kind of bored me. Maybe I was in a bad mood, maybe I was inexperienced from not having played a Sonic game recently, I just didn't see what was so great about it. I've been planning on renting it again just to see where I went wrong with this.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I keep hearing everyone and their mothers praising Colors when, when I played it, it was incredibly hard to control and kind of bored me. Maybe I was in a bad mood, maybe I was inexperienced from not having played a Sonic game recently, I just didn't see what was so great about it. I've been planning on renting it again just to see where I went wrong with this.
With all due respect, that was your problem.

- Gordon Freeman

Isn't his full name Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik or something?

Anyway, while I'll never be able to play Sonic Colours (no Wii), I did really like Sonic Generations. Also while I'm at it, my first Sonic game was Sonic Chaos on the Master System.