"The List" - (Freeman's Killcount)

But Gordon could justify Barney as being a human enemy because he "waved that soldier through". Of course, when we play the game ourselves we realize that it's simply a programming oversight and Barney is friendly, but in the Freeman's Mind universe, things are quite different...

Okay, going by danielsangeo's tally, these few new episodes round the death toll up to around 404.

A Kung-Fu Master, Thomas and Silvia were suddenly attacked by several unknown guys.

Okay, going by danielsangeo's tally, these few new episodes round the death toll up to around 404.

That's an internal error for Black Mesa.

hm, after what episode was list updated last time?

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

This thread is honorable.

You guys think we are going a bit too fanatic about FM?

Naaah just kidding. We're totally normal human beings, I know that.

I fully endorse everything about this thread.

Except for this tpyo in my post.

By chance you're from the Fortress Forever forums?

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.

- Karl Pilkington

"Okay, I'm gonna start making a list of names around here, and YOU'RE going to be at the top. I didn't think I had so many enemies that I would need to keep a list, but it's just more than I can keep track of. It worked for Nixon, should work for me."

I counted 22 Vorts (It could be more, though), so plus all the other kills, the total should be 448.

A Kung-Fu Master, Thomas and Silvia were suddenly attacked by several unknown guys.

As we all know, Freeman doesn't 'play' the game like a normal player. He bypasses numerous areas, runs into some funny glitches, rushes ahead when the game encourages you to let the two sides fight it out, et cetera. So for future reference, I actually went back and counted the number of Xenian military units and US Marines killed in the original Half-Life. I can post my chapter by chapter count if anyone would like, but I'll just stick to a general count for now:

This is basically what the average person would get... so I didn't abuse infinite spawners or run towards a marine vs alien fight or anything. I did however count all of the Grunt barrels in Interloper for the Xenian side, let the marines and aliens fight it out whenever I could, and let the Nihilanth teleport me four times.

US Military

Killed by Freeman:

-Infantry: 140

-Armor crews: 14 (two tanks, two IFVs)

-Pilots: 8 (three attack helicopters, one transport)

-Black Ops: 8 (female)

-Gunners: 5 (manning artillery, rocket launchers, or .50 cals)

-Snipers: 3

TOTAL: 178

Killed by Xenians (all infantry):

-Bullsquids- 12 (found dead)

-Grunts- 10

-Gargantuas- 5

-Slaves- 2

-Zombies- 2 (found dead)

TOTAL: 31

Other:

-Unknown- 2

-Turret- 1

-Drowning- 1

TOTAL: 4

COMBINED TOTAL:

215 military personnel.

-175 infantry

-14 armor crew

-8 pilots

-8 Black Ops

-5 Gunners

-3 Snipers

Xenian Military

Killed by Freeman:

-Slaves- 115

-Controllers- 45

-Grunts- 65

-Gargantuas- 3

-Auto-Cannons- 1

TOTAL: 230

+Bosses: Tentacle, Gonarch, Nihilanth

Killed by US Military

-Slaves- 11

-Grunts- 12

-Gargantuas- 1

TOTAL: 24

COMBINED TOTAL:

254 Xenian military units.

-Slaves- 126

-Controllers- 45

-Grunts- 78

-Gargantuas- 4

-Auto-Cannons- 1

Since he hasn't marked them down yet, I thought i'd go to the trouble of recording the kills in the past 2 episodes for him. If i've missed one, i'm sorry.

EPISODE 50

6 Grunts (MP5 + Shotgun)

2 Vorts (MP5)

1 Gargantua ("Yes, Good Godzilla!" Aerial Strike)

EPISODE 51

1 Alien Grunt (MP5)

5 Vorts (Shotgun)

3 Snarks (MP5)

4 Alien Grunts (Shotgun)

I'm not sure whether the Snark count is correct, as these are just the one's he definetely killed himself, as opposed to the ones that could have just exploded.

What's the legal-technical term for that many kills? I think it surpassed serial killer long ago...

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I would say it is probably closer (in terms of the death count) to a skirmish instead of a war. Still this took place in what 3-4 days at most which means Freeman has killed on average from 117.5 to 156.6 a day if my estimate of how much time has passed is correct.

I would say it is probably closer (in terms of the death count) to a skirmish instead of a war. Still this took place in what 3-4 days at most which means Freeman has killed on average from 117.5 to 156.6 a day if my estimate of how much time has passed is correct.

Actually, it's only 2 days, not any more than that. Which makes his murder tendencies even worse.