FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 44

Loved this one. Felt the most like "classic" FM since the blackout and memory loss by far. A goldmine of lines I'm sure to see on these forums.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

By the way, You may want to yell at the Machinima people for naming it "Episode 44" instead of "Freeman's Mind: Episode 44". I'm not sure if that's a mistake on your end or theirs.

No Bill, this is obviously the result of what happens in the far future of Valve Software and the HL franchise. Episode 44: Return to Surface Tension

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

To me it was an outstanding episode. This location and the ones that follow are strongly reminiscent of the Half Life 2 series with some emphasis on street fights, wild terrain and open spaces, which contrasts with the endless catacombs HL1 mostly is, and I expect a lot of good lines and unexpected actions from Freeman in this part of the series.

Also, the title sequence at the beginning (not sure whom the credit for it should go to) was unusually nice, soldiers bombing each other. I don't remember seeing it before.

This is one of my favorite episodes in the series. Ross, you did it again! I laughed out loud about 5 times during it :D

''Oh, god, my profile name is real mature''

The whole sequence after the rocket launcher killed me. Damn good job!

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

Yeah, I really hated that section of the game. So tedious, trying to make your way along the cliff, trying not to fall off while battling HECU and turret guns... Ross expressed the same frustrations I had (Paraphrased: "I'm afraid to sneeze but HECU are sprinkled all about") with that section. The rocket launcher makes up for it, of course, but still.

At the scene where you approach that ladder at the extreme edge of the cliff ("AAAAH! AAAAH! AAAAH! AAAH!") just makes me curl my toes (literally) in anxiety. Hit the ladder at a wrong angle and you rebound off to your doom. Splat.

Guess Valve accomplished what it set out to do with that area of the game.

Another fine episode. The whole part when you found the rocket launcher was awesome!!!!!!!

"The perfect gift for the man who has everything"

"Yes I'll bring your friends"

I loved how freeman reacted to the Rocket Launcher, it was perfect. Could not have been done any better imo.

Fantastic episode!

Also I actually liked this section of the game

Loved this one. Felt the most like "classic" FM since the blackout and memory loss by far. A goldmine of lines I'm sure to see on these forums.

I'm going to go ahead and second this notion.

Best episode in a while (by default :P)

This has definitely been the best episode in a while! Nicely done as usual, Mr. Scott.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

That was an awesome episode! Loved the last bit of cliff face you have to scale.

Side note I hope your move goes smoothly.

The problem is, I agree with everything people have been saying, this one was EXCELLENT, and now, knowing that it could be well over a month before the next one at minimum, is a bit disheartening, now I'll be counting down the days to November more eager than ever, and pray that you still do that month of Freeman thing. Good luck moving Mr. Scott!

Great episode!

And, in rocket launcher bit, that voice… That voice

Also, nice effects.

People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Something tells me the part at around 3:50 was inspired by my video here:

TcEZTb-3wc0

Or maybe it's just coincidence.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I don't think you're the only one who had the idea to slide down that pipe (I did that too) ;)

Fool me once: Shame on you. Fool me twice: EVERYONE DIES!!!

si·lence (noun): The sound people make, when everyone trying to kill you is dead.