FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 44

The new mike has really changed his voice to better!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I think everyone did.

I didn't even find another way down in Black Mesa (but I didnt really look, so...) :D

lol, my first thought:

"Mike? Mike? There is no Mike in FM/HL...he's from Civil Protection !?"

Then I got it^^ :D :D

Fool me once: Shame on you. Fool me twice: EVERYONE DIES!!!

si·lence (noun): The sound people make, when everyone trying to kill you is dead.

lol, my first thought:

Maybe it's Mike who gave him a new mike! :)

And seriously, do you hear a big change in voice recording quality? ;) Especially comparing to episode 43 where he was using a "temporary" microphone....

It always bugged me when people write "mike" as the short form of "microphone". I get that it's pronounced "mike" but IMO it should be written as "mic". Not trying to nag anybody, but it bothers me... like, more than it should....

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Honestly I thought 'mic' was the correct way to spell it since, after all, it's just a shorter version of 'microphone'. Not 'mikerophone'. I'm pretty sure if it was spelled that way it'd be pronounced differently, too.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

lol, my first thought:

Maybe it's Mike who gave him a new mike! :)

And seriously, do you hear a big change in voice recording quality? ;) Especially comparing to episode 43 where he was using a "temporary" microphone....

I hear his voice much clearer so I think he definitely benefited from getting a better one. Although overall I enjoyed the episode a lot because it felt very themed. Ross is very good at deciding when to cut the episode off, often when the level changes to another area. Like, the theme and setting of this whole episode was that cliffside and I loved how he used it as a central element of the episode.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

The only time I really hear a difference is at ~8:30, when he finds the rocket launcher in the cave. But maybe it's just the way he talks at that part (and to be honest: I dont really like it - the screaming and shouting Freeman is much better IMO :D)

si·lence (noun): The sound people make, when everyone trying to kill you is dead.

Rocket launcher voice is definietly the one that Freeman uses to seduce ladies :D

Hey, that explains why I liked it so much...

Mystery solved! ;)

Rocket launcher voice is definietly the one that Freeman uses to seduce ladies :D

Based on what he said in episode 8 he's not really successful with that :D

(talking about tasers): "I swear, half the dates I go on it's just 'ZAPP'! It's not as bad as pepperspray, though...GOD I hate pepperspray!"

(talking about tasers): "I swear, half the dates I go on it's just 'ZAPP'! It's not as bad as pepperspray, though...GOD I hate pepperspray!"

Maybe Freeman just haven't found the right lady. Like HLPrincess.

Maybe Freeman just haven't found the right lady. Like HLPrincess.

OMG bhahahahaha :lol: I got stunned once I read this!

I think the answer is simple: It would be impossible to carry all this stuff (and still move normaly), so Ross just ignores it. Otherweise he would have to come up with an explanation on how Freeman can carry 100+kg ;)

My explanation is simple and has a fairly sensible in-universe explanation. Part of the HEV suit is a mini-portal (kinda like these). Gordon can place the weapons into the portal where they're stored for easy access in a secure room somewhere. All Gordon has to do is to reach into the portal and grab the weapon he wants.

I just zapped by some documentary on TV (BR-alpha). Apparently there were buddistic monks somewhere in Tibet who actually did carve artificial caves way up into a clif and built monasteries there some time ago, but most of them got destroyed during the cultural revolution.

I guess that solves some parts of the question about cliff dwelling societies.

I think the answer is simple: It would be impossible to carry all this stuff (and still move normaly), so Ross just ignores it. Otherweise he would have to come up with an explanation on how Freeman can carry 100+kg ;)

I think there's a whole thread discussing Freeman's stunning ability to carry a small army arsenal in his pockets somewhere on this forum.