Post what you're doing right now

My avatar is a tenth of that size and looks fine, to me any ways.

It does. But I like the Claymore manga, and all the Avatars I have of Claymore are over 30kbs.

Did you try to resave them with higher compression? It can be effective to use a test pic and see at which point you start to pick up artefacts. I can go below 80 jpg quality without noticing any difference from 99.

Did you try to resave them with higher compression? It can be effective to use a test pic and see at which point you start to pick up artefacts. I can go below 80 jpg quality without noticing any difference from 99.

I don't know how to do that. I tried saving it as a different file type, but the colors got distorted.

IrfanView is a free little image editor that gives you good access to jpg's features. Open an image, choose 'Save as' and before saving play around with the quality settings.

If jpg images are subject to the same laws of transcoding as lossy audio is, then you'd want to resave them as rarely as possible.

IrfanView is a free little image editor that gives you good access to jpg's features. Open an image, choose 'Save as' and before saving play around with the quality settings.

If jpg images are subject to the same laws of transcoding as lossy audio is, then you'd want to resave them as rarely as possible.

Kay, I'll do that with my Next avatar Update. Mushishi needs a revival.

I hate that 16kb's is the cap. I have like 100,000 avatars that are 100x100, but they're all like 50kbs.

Same... Try reformatting them to 256 color gifs, and see if any of them look good...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I hate that 16kb's is the cap. I have like 100,000 avatars that are 100x100, but they're all like 50kbs.

Same... Try reformatting them to 256 color gifs, and see if any of them look good...

The color gets too distorted, They're all JPEGs.

Try switching them to PNGs first... Sometimes helps...

What program are you using to make/edit them? (I can get max quality 100x100 jpegs down to below 30KB)

Try switching them to PNGs first... Sometimes helps...

What program are you using to make/edit them? (I can get max quality 100x100 jpegs down to below 30KB)

MS Paint...

EDIT: Okay, I got a good avatar. I'm done with this.

Looking on, amazed to see that Alyxx has reduced the size of her sig. It must have been you that messed up all the pages, with the size reduction we must have lost at least 30 pages of post's.

It wasn't that big... Under 300px tall is a good size IMO. (I just haven't used any GFX in my sigs for a while, or I'd have something cool in mine)

with the size reduction we must have lost at least 30 pages of post's.

No. Each page displays 20 posts, regardless of overall length.