Post what you're doing right now

Working in Unity. Trying to set up a player controller script and finding out just how out of practice I am at this. Erf.

Retired Forum Moderator

Actually yes... I've been trying to make an executable on my Linux to run the server with this and that amount of RAM. But every time I try, it complains that the location of the file isn't found. But... When I type the same command into the terminal, it works.

Do you use an executable/command/thingy file And if so, may I have it? ^_^

Actually, I just have the commands saved in a text file, and I run that as a shell script. (same thing as a batch file for Windows users)

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about it to be able to run it from the GUI, but as long as you put it into the same directory as the jar, and then type "./run.sh" from the command line, (make sure you're in the same directory as the script) it should run your server. Bear in mind that this is for the 1.8.4 version, and you will have to change the command inside the file if you are using a different jar file name than I am. This also is set to dedicate 2GB of RAM to each running server, so if you don't want that much, you will want to change it. You can edit using your choice of text editor.

Since the forum doesn't allow uploading .sh files, I had to throw it inside a 7z container. Unzip, and enjoy!

run.7z

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

About to go to sleep. There's a post I wanna make in the vent thread about something in my past and it FEELS like a good idea but at the same time I've gotten 3 hours of sleep in 3 days and at this point I'm honestly unable to tell very many good ideas from bad ones so I'm gonna sleep on it and see in the morning.

Retired Forum Moderator

TRYING to do anything online but finding it difficult when it seems to be running at 600 fuck you's per second.

This sentence has made my day. Thank you Rarity. FY/s needs to be an official unit of measurement.

----

Returning to forum after a short break.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

It's a webcomic that's been running for quite a while now. Humor is kinda raunchy and adult oriented(in the rated R sense) but I've always found it pretty fun. http://www.leasticoulddo.com/

Just finished playing Rocket League. Fun game but it's actually easier to play against people because the bots are just so bad.

Edit: Laying on my bed, taking deep slow breaths, and enjoying an activity a lot of people take for granted: being able to breath. Haven't had an asthma attack this bad in a while so I think I'm gonna continue to lay here and just enjoy having full lung function back again.

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm currently on a mountain, in a cabin, watching the snow fall outside. Lovely! I'm also practicing drawing!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Trying to transfer contacts from an old BlackBerry phone to a gmail account / Android device, without losing to much data structure integrity. Pain in the ass.

EDIT: found the easy way, bless the internet. Just pair the devices via Bluetooth, then select Transfer Contacts on the BlackBerry. :lol:

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Trying to transfer contacts from an old BlackBerry phone to a gmail account / Android device, without losing to much data structure integrity. Pain in the ass.

EDIT: found the easy way, bless the internet. Just pair the devices via Bluetooth, then select Transfer Contacts on the BlackBerry. :lol:

Welcome back to the land of the posting!

OT: Getting ready to shower.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Welcome back to the land of the posting!
Yeap, still here :D

And right now, I'm wondering what the hell is going on in season 2 of True Detective.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Signing up for classes for a programming certificate program. One of these instructors has the best Si-Fi name ever. Zardoost.

Retired Forum Moderator