Post what you're doing right now

Aww. Cheers, guys. But I have been a prick. XD I questioned Helio's whole reality and got snappy at Username - sorry bout that by the way. I'm just going to be kinda... in and out till the mood swings calm down so I can be a neutral moderator again, lol. I'll stalk from a distance. I'm good at that.

OT: Watching TV, being a slacker.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Aww. Cheers, guys. But I have been a prick. XD I questioned Helio's whole reality and got snappy at Username - sorry bout that by the way. I'm just going to be kinda... in and out till the mood swings calm down so I can be a neutral moderator again, lol. I'll stalk from a distance. I'm good at that.

OT: Watching TV, being a slacker.

We care about you for sure. Glad to see you at least popping back in now and then. Let us know how it goes. <3

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

But I have been a prick.

Well if you so insist - we can bestow upon you the honourable title of the High Golden Prick of the Forum. Cause you're already Golden as a Mod and, well... :P

And blessed shall be every forumite touched by your Golden Shaftness. :D

But seriously - those two you mentioned have gone at each other's throats the moment you left, so - come back, the High Priestess of AF - and bring back the order. We shall submit, whether your Prickness shall swing upon the unruly on the high or low of your moods...

hYxhuE3.jpg

From Google: The High Priestess represents wisdom, serenity, knowledge and understanding. She is often described as the guardian of the unconscious. She sits in front of the thin veil of awareness, which is all that separates us from our inner selves.

Regards

I questioned Helio's whole reality.

I have a lot of stupid, edgelordy opinions so I more then welcome when you point them out to me. Usually at the time I don't recognize them as such and just kinda roll with them. Like when I was complaining about emotions that was kinda dumb and pointless. Trust me I deserve the occasional thwack against the back of my head to make sure I'm thinking straight.

But seriously - those two you mentioned have gone at each other's throats

What's done is done so just let it die.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Honestly I feel like everyone else goes at our throats more than we go at each other's

the name's riley

Trust me I deserve the occasional thwack against the back of my head to make sure I'm thinking straight.

60-shut-up-Palom.gif

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Honestly I feel like everyone else goes at our throats more than we go at each other's

Indeed, bystanders seem to be blowing situation between you and I way out of proportion.

Just to let everyone know me and Username are on good terms and everything is fine.

In my temporary return to the FFA section... I'll say to Jeb: Don't let depression get the best of you. I have been struggling with it for a while, and it does get easier to push the darkness away. If you need to talk, I'm just a couple of clicks away. (though I'm kinda awkward when dealing with emotional stuff, I do know my way around depression quite well)

I'll also go back on topic and say: Working out some of the mechanics for my Tabletop RPG. (http://www.accursedfarms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8417)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Indeed, bystanders seem to be blowing situation between you and I way out of proportion.

Just to let everyone know me and Username are on good terms and everything is fine.

Happy to hear it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

At school. Got some hours of and took my crappy old laptop with me. I am proud that it actually got past the 30 minute point before being completely empty and requiring more power.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Researching Inheritance in programming and how it can be used in video games and the overall message I'm getting is "I don't know, fuck."

Like for every "it's important and you should use it" there's a "It's easy to mess this up especially if you don't know what you're doing don't worry about it it isn't important"

Retired Forum Moderator

Researching Inheritance in programming and how it can be used in video games and the overall message I'm getting is "I don't know, fuck."

Like for every "it's important and you should use it" there's a "It's easy to mess this up especially if you don't know what you're doing don't worry about it it isn't important"

Sounds about right, IMO inheritance is a giant pain in the ass to try and use. I follow the Keep It Simple Stupid principle when it comes to programming and inheritance is anything but simple.

I played around with it a little bit to see what I could do and I think I understand how it works and how I could use it but it's still so situational that I can only think of maybe 1 or 2 applications for it in the game I'm working on. Like for my item and inventory set up I have a generic item script and specialized item scripts (one for gun, one for ammo, etc.) Currently I have a lot of information being thrown back and for between the 2 and what I COULD be doing is have all the specialized scripts inherit the generic item script and use that to help with pickups, drops, and contextual actions instead of this obnoxious game of hot potato with information I'm currently doing. Maybe. I could also be missing something important and waste a lot of time. Such is the life of a programmer.

OT: currently fiddling around with an idea I had for an inventory setup. Works pretty well so far on a small scale, now to try it out for real. And maybe streamline my variable names a little. Doesn't matter if I typed it, "item.item" is confusing.

Retired Forum Moderator